Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Thorpe Park Or Alton Towers?

Thorpe Park Or Alton Towers?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Thorpe Park Or Alton Towers?

Thorpe Park
83%
Alton Towers
17%

Total votes : 6

Post September 22nd, 2003, 10:51 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Ok so this one goes out to all the UK peeps. Simple as which park do you prefer and why?

IMO Thorpe Park is by far better than Alton Towers, Although both parks are A class i think Thorpe Beats AT to the punch. The main reason is that Thorpe Park is so much more family orientated. There is something for all the family. So have your kiddie's flat rides right up some of the big rides, such as Tidal Wave, Vortex, Detonator, Pheonix, Magic Carpet and 'Samuri' compared to alton towers Submission, Hex and Ripsaw. Thorpe Parks has a much greater array of thrill rides aswell as family rides. Thorpe parks also holds some of the best kids including, Depth Charge, Pirates 4d and also a paddleing pool for those hot summer days, compared with Alton Towers Duel? Although Alton Towers has 2 areas set aside for children, they are not exactly thrilling and would not make someone come back to the park just for the one ride.

Onto the Key feature tho..rollercoasters. Although Thorpe is outnumbered by AT's rollercoasters, there is no qeustion on quality of the rides. Although Nemesis is a world class coaster imo nemesis inferno is much better. The layout is unique and i still cant get my head round the drop out of the station. In all honesty Colossos compares to both Oblivion and Air put together. Oblivion is fun for the first couple of thimes but after a while lose's its sting aswell as AIR. And really there is no question which is better X:/No Way out or corkscrew.

And also mainly the layout of Thorpe sways me more to go Thopre, everything is close together and your really not out of 50 yards of a ride at one time. Also at thorpe park it offers a free petting zoo for free.. which may not seem much but i spent many a happy hour there chasing the goats or the other way round...

Post September 22nd, 2003, 11:19 am

Points on hand: 58.00 Points
alton towers gets boring for me now and you have to walk so far. Thorpe Park is more exciting for me. not sure why.

Post September 22nd, 2003, 11:47 am

Points on hand: 2,515.00 Points
I say thorpe. I mean apart from it being infinitely closer to me than alton, the ride selection is pretty much the same. Plus the atmosphere is better and the flats are a lil' less outdated. Really, I only spend 6-8 hrs at thorpe, but if it didnt take 30mins to walk between rides at alton I'd struggle to stay there for a morning.(Mmmmmmm...a morning on nemmie [^])

Post September 22nd, 2003, 4:19 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,878.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post September 23rd, 2003, 7:55 am

Points on hand: 3,903.00 Points

there both great but alton towers has got oblivion, air and nemesis but thorpe park has got colosus.
they are owned by the same company.

Post September 25th, 2003, 5:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

wws -- gfa might be behind me but your the one making him scream

Post September 25th, 2003, 5:52 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,878.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post October 5th, 2003, 11:44 am
hi

Points on hand: 2,935.00 Points
The Queing time is soooooooo much shorter at Thorpe Park and its all near each other, but in the UK Flamingo Land is the best evry1 there is ruf but ur like the only one on the ride + there is Bulle, Magnum Force (drier looping) and Terroriser[devilish]

Return to Off Topic Discussion