Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions 2004 Golden Ticket Awards

2004 Golden Ticket Awards

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 27th, 2004, 10:05 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

It's that time of yeear again... check them out.

http://www.amusementtoday.com/2004gta82704.html

Summary:

-Millennium Force reclaims #1 steel coaster spot
-The Raven is knocked down to #3, eclipsed by Boulder Dash and Shivering Timbers
-Cedar Point wins a whopping 20 awards, and Holiday World gets an amazing 18
-Philidelphia Toboggan Coasters holds 8 of the top 10 wood coasters.
-New for 2004: Thunderhead at Dollywood snatches the #6 wood coaster slot, and Storm Runner at Hersheypark gets on the list at #33.
-Cedar Point wins "best park" for the 7th straight year, and holds 4 out of the top 10 steel coaster slots. (MF #1, Magnum #3, TTD #7, Raptor #10)

Post August 27th, 2004, 10:37 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

these go hand in hand:
holiday world won by a landslide
Friendliest Park Staff
Holiday World Santa Claus, Ind. 43%
Dollywood Pigeon Forge, Tenn. 11%
Knoebels Amusement Resort Elysburg, Pa. 8%
Cedar Point Sandusky, Ohio 6%
Silver Dollar City Branson, Mo. 5%
Cleanest Park
Holiday World Santa Claus, Ind. 36%
Magic Kingdom Orlando, Fla. 11%
Busch Gardens Williamsburg Williamsburg, Va. 10%
Cedar Point Sandusky, Ohio 8%
Disneyland Anaheim, Calif. 7%

Post August 28th, 2004, 12:52 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

hmm,not one Paramount Canadas Wonderland award, hmm, thats hard to belive. eh fornication nation?!

but im glad cedar point won lots of awards this year, im going there next year so im sure they will win lots then too.

ohh and wheres the top 50??

Post August 28th, 2004, 2:24 am

Theres not really anything too great about Wonderland. I think the only award it would have a chance at is the cleaniness award. The mountain and castle, and other theming are pretty good, but wonderland just doesn't live up to other parks like IOA or Holiday World. I think in general Paramount parks lack what other top notch parks have.

Post August 28th, 2004, 12:04 pm
cjd

Originally posted by screamomatic

hmm,not one Paramount Canadas Wonderland award, hmm, thats hard to belive. eh fornication nation?!

but im glad cedar point won lots of awards this year, im going there next year so im sure they will win lots then too.

ohh and wheres the top 50??

Open the .pdf file... "The List" can be found there, around page 20.

Post August 30th, 2004, 9:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

im sad bgt didn't win any awards but bgw did! bgt is way more beautiful and landscaped the bgw!

Post August 30th, 2004, 10:01 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
sweet I have ridden almost all of the top ten steelies.

Post August 31st, 2004, 11:23 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Well, i dont agree with most of the awards myself. Im not going to start bashing coasters ive never ridden, but Magnum XL200 in my vote is no way the 3rd best coaster in the world, same with Phantoms Revenge.

However i see Blackpool Pleasure Beach was voted 3rd best park in the world, which is wierd. Although its a good park i dont know about it being 3rd. I would have put Port Aventura above BPB overall

Post August 31st, 2004, 11:51 am

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

but Magnum XL200 in my vote is no way the 3rd best coaster in the world

I agree, seeing as ive been on it, i truthfully dont think its the 3rd best in the world right now, and i think that Raptor is definitly better than Magnum and that it should be a little bit higher on the list.

Post August 31st, 2004, 8:48 pm

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

I think in general Paramount parks lack what other top notch parks have.

What do you mean Paramount parks lacks what other parks have? what would that be? all paramount parks have world class rides and good theming, they have thrilling coasters and are in pretty locations and are well kept. Paramount parks are top notch, all the paramount parks are great. they kick the hell outta the six flags chain

Post August 31st, 2004, 9:02 pm

montu beat out raptor and nemesis and was the 1st best steel looping coaster! what does that tell ya?

Post August 31st, 2004, 9:59 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by G-Force

montu beat out raptor and nemesis and was the 1st best steel looping coaster! what does that tell ya?

ummmm, nothing?[:D]

Post August 31st, 2004, 10:04 pm

montu is better and more loved than nemesis and raptor smart ass!!! lol

Post August 31st, 2004, 10:30 pm

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

I think in general Paramount parks lack what other top notch parks have.

What do you mean Paramount parks lacks what other parks have? what would that be? all paramount parks have world class rides and good theming, they have thrilling coasters and are in pretty locations and are well kept. Paramount parks are top notch, all the paramount parks are great. they kick the hell outta the six flags chain

How does paramount have top notch theming? Because they place a few props here and there? If you want top notch theming you need to goto a park like Universal Studios or Disney World.
I'm not saying Paramount parks are bad, they just arn't on par with some of the other high end parks.

Post September 6th, 2004, 11:32 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

paramount has good movies, but there parks suck, they have two good rides, that volcano thing and top gun at PC and vortax at PCW. and all the buildings at paramount parks are just front props and a big box at the back, just look at the live movie theatre at PCw its one big box, paramounts parks are good, but very crappy.

so there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post September 6th, 2004, 12:21 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

paramounts parks are good, but very crappy.

uhh...wut do you mean?

Post September 6th, 2004, 2:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Yeah, umm....Paramount Parks are not crappy. Who the hell cares if their parks aren't themed to giant proportians....at least I don't see any clone coasters sitting out in the middle of a parking lot at Canada's Wonderland. Plus, Paramount parks actually care enough to offer a wide variety of rides, including FLAT RIDES...what a though, Six Flags. I would love to have just one of the flats that Canada's Wonderland has at SFGAm. Paramount parks by no means are very crappy...to say that is pretty moronic.

Please don't be offended.

Post September 6th, 2004, 6:24 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points

Post September 6th, 2004, 6:28 pm

It probably got #7 due to the fact of how short it is. The ride just go up and then down and its over.

Post September 6th, 2004, 7:19 pm
cjd

...and the fact that it breaks down every 5 minutes. Last year it was #11, so #7 isn't that bad.

Post September 6th, 2004, 7:47 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by coasteragent99

TTD? #7? wtf??? I say it's just as good as MF!

WHAT!? are you suggesting that it should be higher up the list?

Is there somehting wrong with you, this is a ride where you queue, upwards of an hour, probably. Then you move forward a bit, go up, go down and after 15 seconds of poo, its all over......yes, cus that deserves to be in the top 10 doesn't it........no, the answer is no.

Post September 6th, 2004, 7:58 pm

Who cares if it's short? It's fun nonetheless. The lanuch... The hill... The drop... I think it's AT LEAST as good as MF. And it doens't break down every 5 mins anymore, but rather once or twice a day. They fixed it up really well.

Post September 6th, 2004, 8:06 pm
Premium Member

Originally posted by gouldy

Originally posted by coasteragent99

TTD? #7? wtf??? I say it's just as good as MF!

WHAT!? are you suggesting that it should be higher up the list?

Is there somehting wrong with you, this is a ride where you queue, upwards of an hour, probably. Then you move forward a bit, go up, go down and after 15 seconds of poo, its all over......yes, cus that deserves to be in the top 10 doesn't it........no, the answer is no.

lol, try 4 hours and just cause its 420 feet in the sky doesnt mean it should be #1 or even 10 at that matter. I think that MF is better than TTD.

Post September 6th, 2004, 8:09 pm
Premium Member

montu is better and more loved than nemesis and raptor smart ass!!! lol

Hmm I dont know about that, I mean Nemisis is full of quick turns and tunnels, plus its got some wicked G's thrown in there. And raptor just owns, I mean you get 6 inversions plus a sick 4-4.5 sustained helix at the end and then a wicked lat. I havent ridden Montu, but it seems almost too "kind".

Post September 7th, 2004, 6:03 pm

I'm really losing intrest from inverts after riding the intamins, especially TTD. [launch] [peakhill]

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions