Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions 2006 Golden Ticket Awards

2006 Golden Ticket Awards

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 2nd, 2006, 3:34 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

This year, Superman Ride of Steel finally reclaimed its title as the #1 steel coaster. Along with that, Thunderhead returned to reclaim its title of #1 wood coaster. Cedar Point also made another return as the #1 amuesment park.

For more info go here
The complete list can be found here
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
Last edited by coolbeans326 on October 2nd, 2006, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 2nd, 2006, 3:39 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

yes, I did realize it was announced a month and a week ago.

Post October 2nd, 2006, 8:14 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

seriously??? Thunderhead won again?? I thought for sure Voyage had it... why would they pick thunderhead again?

Post October 2nd, 2006, 8:40 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by SixFlagsFiesta

I told you to put that up back in August when it was posted...

Bleh, I forgot to do that, and I just got back to doing it now. Although I'm surprised they did it so early this year. Usually they wait till the end of the season.

As for the best capacity park, like hell it should go to Cedar Point. If any park deserves it, it would have to be one of the Disney Parks. They recieve more people in thier parks then any other park in the world, and for the most part, thier lines remain under 1 1/2 max with special exceptions for rides like Test Track, ect.

And for best outdoor night productions, I think this years DLR firework show should have won as well. While illuminations was pretty cool, I don't think it quite matched the excitement that the other has.[:)]

Also, Montu doesn't belong in the top 8. Heh, its not even the best coaster in florida, imo. And don't even get me started on TTD....

So once again the Golden Tickets prove to be a poll for a bunch of brainless theme park enthusiests who haven't really been to any theme park outside of CP. WHile I do agree with some of the polls results, most are just wrong imo. How can TTD be better then Kingda Ka or Xcelerator when it doesn't even have the acceleration or air time the 2 offer. Grant it, there's the speed and hight factor, but for pure experience I would rather ride Xcel or Ka any day over the dragster.

Post October 3rd, 2006, 4:25 am

Points on hand: 2,160.00 Points
Originally posted by coolbeans326
So once again the Golden Tickets prove to be a poll for a bunch of brainless theme park enthusiests who haven't really been to any theme park outside of CP. WHile I do agree with some of the polls results, most are just wrong imo. How can TTD be better then Kingda Ka or Xcelerator when it doesn't even have the acceleration or air time the 2 offer. Grant it, there's the speed and hight factor, but for pure experience I would rather ride Xcel or Ka any day over the dragster.

Lol. How do people like Superman over millenium force?

Post October 3rd, 2006, 4:50 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

I think the Internet coaster poll is a more reliable source... This list is so strange. Although I like the way Euromir is up there and silverstar is not, to which I kind of agree... [;)] But how the hell can something like Son of Beast or Pepsi Max be in the Top 50??

Post October 3rd, 2006, 6:21 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Originally posted by point.blank.1`

Originally posted by coolbeans326

Lol. How do people like Superman over millenium force?

Heh, don't get me started. I guess the plethora of ejector air on SROS prevails!

Post October 3rd, 2006, 6:22 am

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

What would determin what catagory a hybrid coaster would go in?

Post October 3rd, 2006, 6:30 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post October 3rd, 2006, 6:38 am

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post October 3rd, 2006, 8:25 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

If rails or wood then its a wood coaster. If rails are steel, then its a steel coaster.

Post October 3rd, 2006, 9:33 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Wood coasters run on flat steel tracks, with laminated wood layers beneath them. Steel coasters run on tubular steel tracks. It doesn't matter what the structure is made of. If the coaster runs on tubular steel, it's a steel coaster. If it runs on flat steel it's a wood coaster. Gemini has tubular steel track, so it's a steel coaster.

Post October 3rd, 2006, 9:37 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
I refuse to believe Steel Force is bether than Nemesis! And Pepsi Max Big One!

This awards have always been crap. Seems like they go to Cedar Point each year. And I'm surprised some european rides even made it to the top ten. And how about all the great rides in asia and the rest of the world? And Balder is down at 27th place on the wooden list.

This award is nothing but a joke, and a big cellebration for all the CP fan boys. Nothing to be taken too seriously.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post October 3rd, 2006, 3:31 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

and whats with that new addition for best marine park? It should have been fairly obvious that SWO was going to be the winner followed by the 2 other parks sea world parks. They practically invented the genre. And there is not enough competition either for that style of park.

Post October 3rd, 2006, 3:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
busch gardens europe deserves cleanest park...because it is...well at least it got best landscaping.

Post October 3rd, 2006, 3:44 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

well done sixflagsfiesta, 2 2nd place awards for you. i see drayton manor got none again[:(], still theres next year
Making screams come true

Post October 3rd, 2006, 6:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

haha, yay for Schlitterbahn!! however, the lines there are ridiculously long for Master-Blaster and pretty much everything else. but the other one(?) with that terrain-tube-ride is pretty sweet.

and.. well.. i have to go to SFFT even more since the shows are that good.

w00t for dueling dragons.

Post October 3rd, 2006, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,761.00 Points

That's bull. IMO, Millenium force is way better than Superman Ride of steel.

Post October 3rd, 2006, 6:06 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ Are you kidding me? Thats the about the only thing on the list they got right.

Post October 3rd, 2006, 6:10 pm

Points on hand: 643.00 Points

I have to admit, I am a little surprised that El Toro wasn't on the list for Top 10 wooden coasters. Oh well.

Post October 4th, 2006, 10:27 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ as am I. Hopefully next year both will be in thier a spot deserving of their quality.

Post October 4th, 2006, 10:31 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Originally posted by drummerkid

I have to admit, I am a little surprised that El Toro wasn't on the list for Top 10 wooden coasters. Oh well.

why?

Post October 4th, 2006, 11:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
El Toro is amazing, one of the best roller coasters (not just wooden ones) in the world. I definately think it's in the top 5-10 in the world, easily. Up there with SROS SFNE, Voyage, EGF, etc.

Post October 4th, 2006, 11:59 pm

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
Great, USA coaster fan manage to show agian how much they exectly know about coasters around the world... NOTHING!! Where are all the european ride, all the cool rides we have(balder, EGF(still the best coaster IMO) Why is it only america who gets prizes?

Post October 5th, 2006, 12:36 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Less people who do that poll have ridden those, hence why they're not as high as they should be, especially the 2 rides you mentioned. That's one reason why the poll is screwed up. If it wasn't based on ridership, I'm sure MF would be a lot farther behind SROS, since I'm guessing MF gets a lot more riders.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions