Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions 2010: Year of the new coaster Styles

2010: Year of the new coaster Styles

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 12th, 2009, 3:35 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Intamin is trying out a more cost-effective track structure on their new rides for 2010, such as Intimidator 305 and F1. B&M is trying out it's slightly modified track structure and new stadium style seats (different from those even in recent years) that are comparable to Intamin's hyper trains.

My question is, what do you like better or prefer? I love Intamin's current track style, but I like B&M's new hyper train style.

Post September 12th, 2009, 3:58 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,239.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I love the quad rail Intamin track, only time will tell if the new track spine actually becomes their standard track, or whether we're just seeing it on these larger scale rides for a reason other than cost effectiveness.

I like the new B&M hyper trains, they look like they offer a much better view of the ride from every seat than with the previous trains, if you sat in the middle two seats on any row other than the front, you could only see upwards.

Post September 12th, 2009, 5:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post September 12th, 2009, 5:40 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

i dont like the new B&M hyper trains, i prefer the old ones as the train is shorter and it just looks alot neeter. the new trains look too spaced out.

intamin track styles are very cool but i dont think this is about cost efectivness but more about the style of ride and train there carrying
Making screams come true

Post September 12th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Points on hand: 155.00 Points
I'm not a fan of the new B&M trains, I reckon they should be the old style. Although I can't say for ride experience. What's changed about the B&M track?

Post September 12th, 2009, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
The new B&M Trains are FANTASTIC! The major reason has nothing to do with the seating arrangement but the fact the trains are WAY longer than the old ones. This provides a wider range of G forces from front to back (making the middle of the train really blah...) but the front and back on Diamondback was WAY more forceful than Nitro ever was.

Regardless how they look, if you rode an old one then a new one, if you like your coasters to run better with more change in forces - the new ones kill.

Post September 12th, 2009, 7:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,746.00 Points
There's no school, like the old school.

I myself don't prefer the look of the newer styles. The older stuff looks a lot sleeker, like the B&M hyper trains. Plus, with the 4 abreast seating, you feel essentially the same force.

The newer Intamin styles are okay with me, but I still like the older track a lot better.

Post September 20th, 2009, 8:51 pm

Points on hand: 1,143.00 Points
Who cares how the new B&M trains look they ride way better. Diamondback is easily the best B&M hyper I've been on, I really don't care about the Intamin track as long as it doesn't change the ride in any way.

Post September 21st, 2009, 12:20 am

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

From experience, the new B&M hyper trains are FAR superior to their old ones.

Post September 21st, 2009, 3:21 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
I would probably assume that the new B&M Style trains would offer a much better ride experience. A longer train means a larger variety of G Forces from the front to the back of the train. I am also a pretty big fan of this new Intamin style track (quad rail). It looks pretty amazing to me, but I am not a huge fan of the giant truss track/two support method. It's a nice idea to cut back on costs with the economy the way it is, but I still have my doubts about it.

Going back to the B&M Trains, my only gripe are the new Intimadator Trains that are going to Kings Dominion. EW THOSE ARE UGLY. I do feel like these new trains offer a much better, and smoother ride experience, but I have never been on one so I cannot judge. I also think that the trains running around on the track looks perty sexy to me, rather than the 4 across seats. Hopefully i'll be able to get myself onto DB or Intimadator sometime soon. Never been on a B&M Mega. I iz a B&M Mega virgin. Ew.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post September 22nd, 2009, 2:20 am

Points on hand: 1,440.00 Points
Well, neither one of these changes is praticularly shocking if you ask me. They're pretty minimal in the big picture, so I wouldn't go calling those two responsible for 2010 being "Year of the new coaster styles". Also, I don't think anyone can really judge untill we've tried out one of Intamin's new track.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions