Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area 20s revenge - Match up contest - JPECOOL

20s revenge - Match up contest - JPECOOL

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post April 27th, 2005, 1:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Post April 27th, 2005, 2:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

davieschemical@gmail.com

All the time in the world! And since im not in the contest i can give it a review!

Post April 27th, 2005, 3:07 pm

Thanks man. It has also been sent to you. [:D] Im thinking actually i may want another couple of testers yet too, although im not sure. If you wanna test just leave your email like IF and matt did, and i will gt back to you. [:D] No noobs please though.

Post April 28th, 2005, 2:51 pm

Testing is over! [:D] Intamin Fan gave some great feedback and i have corrected alot of what he pointed out to me apart from 1 or 2 things i really cant do without tools, and i have never used tools before so why start now! [lol]

Anyway i have smoothed the track out as best i can in the amount of time i have had (i also have revision and things now for exams so i am having to rush the rest of this ride). I have de;eted all the floating supports i could find aswell, and i have been making some custom lateral bracing where i think the ride needs it. While making the custom lateral bracing i have noticed it is a great oppotunity to add some cool head choppers! For example these are pictures of one section of custom lateral bracing on one of the diving drops:

After making the main frame for the lateral bracing, i began to try and get the overhead support beams as close as i could to the riders head and hands, without it being too close. This is where the tunnel testing came in.

here you can see just how close them beams get. Hopefully it will be successful at holding up the track next to it, and making people duck!

Another view of the frame under construction

The finished bracing complete with head choppers. [:D]

Post April 28th, 2005, 2:55 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Those headchoppers look very nice. Can't wait to ride this one.

Post April 28th, 2005, 2:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

Post April 28th, 2005, 3:09 pm

[lol]

Thanks FN!

I do have a problem though (not like that!!!! [lol]) because if you look at this picture you can see on the left hand side of the tunnel the supports do go into the tunnel. Now i dont think this is a problem as the supports are in the tunnel but they are outside the walkways and railings even so surely a passenger would not be able to touch the beams in any way. Would anyone find this a problem?

You can see in this pic though that the supports do not even touch the cat walks.

Post April 28th, 2005, 3:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

That's not a problem at all, NL wood tunnels are a little too wide.

Post April 28th, 2005, 3:18 pm

Okay thanks, i didnt think it should be, its just i wanted to check to make sure. lol.

Post April 28th, 2005, 3:48 pm

Oh BTW i forgot to ask, does anyone have a decent suggestion for the colour scheme. Should i keep the one in the pictures (which is supposed to be a pine colour) or should i paint it white or what???

Post April 29th, 2005, 6:07 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Post April 29th, 2005, 11:25 am

Thanks for testing it matt, and again thanks Intamin fan. I decided to change the colour to white, but with a grey/brown sort of track, and ties. It is almost the same colours as the astroland cyclone, but instead of the catwalk railings being red they are white, and the catwalks themselves are white too. I did this because it makes it seem older IMO.

Post April 29th, 2005, 11:34 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
the color should be darker IMO, something more of aged wood, and if u want to tunnel test the thing, just switch to a steel coaster type, and then tunneltest ti

Post April 29th, 2005, 11:51 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I like the colors, its a nice yellowish wood color.

Post April 29th, 2005, 11:52 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Jpe, sorry to intrude into your thread again, but some of these woodie non-believers need to see this

yea, but that thing is also bolted up against a wall, so, I dunno....

Post April 29th, 2005, 11:56 am

I have tunnel tested anyway.

Heres the new colour scheme, which i think i may use. Old rides were often painted white so i decided to do this with this coaster as it is based on old rides.

EDIT: Notice the new ramp hill in the foreground to the right of the picture, which gives a sudden pop of -1 ejector air. [:D]

Post April 29th, 2005, 12:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by thecool326

Jpe, sorry to intrude into your thread again, but some of these woodie non-believers need to see this

yea, but that thing is also bolted up against a wall, so, I dunno....

Its nothing wooden coasters couldnt tolerate, if thats what you're thinking ;)

BTW looking good. Ramp hill looks crazy, I just worry about the quickness of the pop since its at the base of the hill. Could be wrong though.

Post April 29th, 2005, 2:53 pm

It is a pretty quick pop, but it is right at the end of the ride so it isnt going to fast i dont think.

Post April 30th, 2005, 7:33 am

Time for some more pics. These are of the ride with some of the 3ds. The 3ds have only just been started. The signs at the top of the hill, and on the structure are finished, but the station has only just started. I only have the base of the station at the moment.

The beginning of the station. As you can probably see the block sections of the ride have totally changed, as i didnt notice you had to have 3 trains running smoothly. This meant i sacrificed a brake run for another station.

The huge 20s revenge sign hanging from the structure at the top of the lift.

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[:D]

More pics soon. I will post some when i finish the station which should be by tommorrow.

EDIT: The station roof, and station pillars are now finished. Now i just need to make th queue gates, the glass pannels, the queue line, the exit, the paths, the fences, and maybe a smoke tunnel somewhere [:D]

Post April 30th, 2005, 5:21 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Post May 1st, 2005, 6:22 am

What the station looked like last night. It now has walls, but i am not ging to do much more as i dont want to cut down FPS too much. I will probably release a 3ds version and a non 3ds version [:D]

Post May 1st, 2005, 8:50 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

My laptop is 2.8 Ghz, jpe, you don't have to worry about having your rating changed by low fps. I got over 25 fps even on Phyter's "Thunderhead Falls", which is entirely surrounded by 3ds objects. Still, I guess releasing a no-object version would be good for a few of the people with slower processors.

Post May 1st, 2005, 10:32 am

Yeah. Well thats good news, i can go ahead and make the surrounding path, and if i get time im gonna make a 3ds ride to put next to it. [:D]

Post May 3rd, 2005, 12:01 pm

Finally, i have finished, you can expect the ride up by tonight. [:D]

Post May 3rd, 2005, 1:11 pm

The ride is online http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... p?tid=7393

There ya go CJD

BTW i think i have lost to MF2001 But who cares, i have experienced alot of fun (and bad language, and nearly breaking my toe when kicking the desk! ) while building this thing. I did not get chance to do some of the things Intamin Fan and matt said when they tested, but i ried to sort some of it.

Thanks once again to them for testing.

NOTE: You need the track packager to run this ride

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area