Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion 3d yacht project

3d yacht project

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 23rd, 2003, 8:15 pm

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points
Hey, i just thought that i'd tell everyone about this 3d project that i'm working on at school with another student. I love my school[8D]. anyways, here's a like to the forums that i'm posting it on: http://www.threedy.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10465

there should be an update every school day or two[:)].

Post September 23rd, 2003, 8:26 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Post September 23rd, 2003, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post September 23rd, 2003, 9:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,968.00 Points
Very nice work WW. This is what I want to go back to school for: 3D modeling and animation. I have a background/schooling in CAD and my absolute favorite thing about that was the 3D modeling. It is a nice sense of accomplishment to create something out of nothing; kind of like what a painter or sculptor must feel when they complete a work. Good luck in your future endeavors in the field.

Post September 24th, 2003, 10:46 am

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

This looks F***** cool! I like how u did the last image! Looks very smooth!

Post September 24th, 2003, 3:34 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
kickass [pshades]

yachts are just the coolest constructions on the earth, after coasters of course [;)] Looks really good so far. That yacht you're recreating is a Princess?
On my vacation in Monte-Carlo last summer I saw the most outrageous boat. A Mangusta 108, a 108 feet long yacht with a twin turbine engine capable of reaching speeds of 100km/h [pshades]. Can you imagine such a huge machine soaring by with such a speed on the water? I know what I'm gonna do when i get rich (enough) [:D]

Anyway, going a bit off topic, that looks really amazing whitey, keep up the good work and the updates of course [8D]

Post October 3rd, 2003, 2:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,903.00 Points

Post October 4th, 2003, 5:13 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
It starts to look better and better whitey, the windows are a bit blue though [lol] I guess you're still gonna work on that with reflections and stuff.

Post October 4th, 2003, 3:24 pm

yeah, and acctually it's from a new company (whish is opne of the resons that we picked this yacht) this is their first one, and maby we'll get some $$$ for our work [:D] The windows are acctually as blue from the outside as they look in the most recent pic. I've stoped working on the outside for now (just to do something different) and i'm working on some of the interior stuff.

Post October 5th, 2003, 12:24 am

Points on hand: 3,980.00 Points

Hey ww, great job so for. I just got 3 new books on 3ds max5 for my bday: "harnising 3ds max 5"(i think thats how you spell it)"3dsmax animation and visual effects techniques" and "3ds max 5 advanced modeling and animation"
I was wondering if you have used any of this books and if so, is there any paticuler parts I should study or just go from step by step. I already did two projects from the harnising one, I tried the advanced one, but I guess im not "advanced" yet.

Post October 5th, 2003, 12:14 pm

i've never used any books, i've learn all the most of the stuff that i know from online tutorials, and classwork (although learned alot more with the tutorials). I would say just keep doing all the basics, but every now and then try one of the advanced ones to see how far you can get. If you get caught on one part, then look back for where it shows you that part in better detail. (advanced tutorials aren't really harder than basic ones, they just expect you to know everything about max, and to have a few hours of free time). hope that helps.

Post October 5th, 2003, 12:18 pm

oh and BTW anyone tha doesn't have books, but still wants to learn some modeling should take a look at this tutorial:http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials/fiat500/fiat500_m01.asp It is a max tutorial but it is still worth a look even if you don't have max i think. This is where i learned most of the technics that i've been using to model this boat.

Post October 5th, 2003, 3:10 pm

Points on hand: 3,980.00 Points

Return to Off Topic Discussion