Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports 4/1-4/11 Universal Studios Resort TR

4/1-4/11 Universal Studios Resort TR

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post May 2nd, 2008, 7:40 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

One of the best theme park resorts for sure. With two theme parks and a great little city with many things to do, Universal Studios Resort in Florida is really something you have to experience sometime.

This time our family stayed for 10 days, and was it long enough? Actually, no. There was still much more to do surprisingly. Staying right on site at the Royal Pacific Resort, we were allowed to pool hop to the portofino bay hotel, and the hard rock hotel. Our overall experience was great. Every day we pretty much did the same thing. Go to the park in the earliest hours, getting in an hour earlier because of special coupons that the hotel gave us, we stayed in the park for about 3 hours. Then we headed off to the pool at one of the three hotels. Then, later in the day, went to citywalk to eat, and went to the park during its latest hours. It worked out great everyday, and we always still had more to do the next day.

Universal Islands of Adventure is known as one of the most themed theme parks in the world. And it sure is amazing. The rides are all incredible, and the park has one of my favorite flats, spiderman. One amazing ride that must be experienced when going to IOA. Universal studios also hosts some great rides, such as the revenge of the mummy indoor roller coaster. And also the curios george ball play area, which is one fun attraction that will never be fogotten, and be VERY mised if it were to go for some reason. Theres ball cannons, dump crates, sir powered launches, everything. It's great and also must be experience when going to the park.

Also, Universal had many great things to do while we were there. The Blue man group. KC and the sunshine band concert. Huey Lewis and the News. And some other bands i didn't quite recognize.

The Blue Man Group, one incredible show i will never forget. Definatly not what i was expecting, but very very entertaining and I do recommend it if you get the chance to go. The other concerts were good as well.

Favorite Rides:

Dueling Dragons: one incredible ride which two inverted roller coasters duel eachother throughout 4 near misses during the ride, coming within 12" of eachother.

Hulk: The launch is incredible and the ride has some good forces in places along with some moments of air. Not as good as dueling dragons in the front row on the fire side, but still one incredible ride.

Dr. Dooms Fearfall: Looks just like an ordinary launch freefall? Well it's not. First with a great quene (i went through once just because I wanted to see what it was like..) and theme, the ride then launches you up pretty fast. But then, it's not over. The ride actually brakes you at the top. Giving you some of the most intense air time you will ever get, especially early in the morning or after a very hot day, not too good in the rain sadly.

Jurrasic Park River Adventure: A 100 Million dollar ride, that MUST be ridden. The rides got an incredible theme, and you really feel like you left another world right when you get into the boat. Definatly the best water ride anywhere.

Revenge of the Mummy: One great ride, with really great airtime. Great theme, great thrill. Good ride. Not much more to say, but I do wish it went backwards a little longer like the hollywood version, which goes backwards for almost as long as it goes forwards..

Those are the rides that really stand out in my mind right of the bat, but theres much more to do.

Anyway, enough with the writing, and on with the photos.

Dr. Doom From interesting angles:

A great water flume:

This is the new harry potter world construction area, behind jurrasic park. Also, i snuck a peek around the jurrasic park woods, theres nothing there but dirt at the moment, but then the next day there was a crane.. so they are definatly moving along:

A new bridge for the Harry Potter world??: I'm guessing that there will be a bridge into the new world. Or a tunnel, becuase this is going right into jurrasic parks section of the park. Also, this may be the only entrance to the section, considering the size of jurrasic park river adventure, theres no way they will have an entrance all the way around there:

Dueling Dragons:

An angle showing 3 of the 4 near misses:

The Incredible Hulk, 0-40 in 2 seconds I believe

Also, here are two videos that were filmed by myself on the park, and also the Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster.

(Both are avaible in Higher Quality by clicking the button below the video on youtube.)
The Islands Of Adventure Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XFkxNhTIFNw

The Hulk:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lSVW17yp8oE
Last edited by Austin on May 2nd, 2008, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 3rd, 2008, 8:07 pm

Points on hand: 1,493.00 Points
going to it next year! really looking foward to dueling dragons and the hulk!

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports