Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion 7 and a half minutes of wierdness for your ears

7 and a half minutes of wierdness for your ears

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

fun with an old bent speak and math and my very brand new christmas toy , the mopho..
Last edited by jayman on January 18th, 2009, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 17th, 2009, 10:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

I just like, bobbed my head to the beat for the entire thing, nice work man.

Post January 18th, 2009, 3:53 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post January 18th, 2009, 7:12 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
Jayman, you need to do something with your musical ability besides just messing around. Look at Flashbulb or Glowworm, or Apparat, all techno bands that use a lot of your techniques, (although I'm sure some of it is digitally computerized). You could be making some money with this stuff, hell i know a few people who would really dig your stuff, me for one, and Jensenator would love this. I just don't like seeing talented people throw there talent down the drain. ya know? just a thought.

Post January 19th, 2009, 11:24 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

hey you know what.. you dont know poop.. i've made TONS of music...
i make these videos as demos of what my instruments can do, not really to make songs.. i run a full protools rig for that. but how you dare suggest that i'm wasting time by not making music to suit your tastes.. ..
www.myspace.com/sugarrushrailroadinc

Post January 19th, 2009, 12:06 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

I think you should save up for a Jazzumutant Lemur for your next toy. Those are amazing.

Post January 19th, 2009, 12:53 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Originally posted by jayman

hey you know what.. you dont know poop.. i've made TONS of music...
i make these videos as demos of what my instruments can do, not really to make songs.. i run a full protools rig for that. but how you dare suggest that i'm wasting time by not making music to suit your tastes.. ..
www.myspace.com/sugarrushrailroadinc

He was complementing your music talent, not offending you.

Post January 19th, 2009, 5:19 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

yeah, you're right, but someone suggesting that i give up the stuff i've worked on so hard to make music that doesnt challenge me at all and i dont like just because they would based on a video that took me about 5 minutes to set up.. .. trust me.. that hits a nerve.. i am glad you liked it , and i willl keep them coming, but i will NOT be making "techno" Music.. lol

Post January 19th, 2009, 6:55 pm

dude, chill, i was complimenting you, for Christ sake take it easy...

Post January 19th, 2009, 6:58 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post January 19th, 2009, 7:20 pm

Oh, and i NEVER said, or mildly implied that you should "give up" on your music. And how the hell was i supposed to know that you made music and actually had a big setup??? I've never seen proof, so think before you assume that someone can read minds and actions and bitch at them for it. Sorry that i pissed you off, but i had no intention of doing so, it was a harmless compliment.

Post January 19th, 2009, 7:33 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Pillow fight! I got 5 slapping points on Jayman!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post January 19th, 2009, 8:06 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

Post January 19th, 2009, 9:03 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by tmv8888

Oh, and i NEVER said, or mildly implied that you should "give up" on your music. And how the hell was i supposed to know that you made music and actually had a big setup??? I've never seen proof, so think before you assume that someone can read minds and actions and bitch at them for it. Sorry that i pissed you off, but i had no intention of doing so, it was a harmless compliment.

i offer apology.. you dont need to. i realize now what you are saying.. i thought you knew thats what i did..

Post January 19th, 2009, 9:06 pm

^ apology accepted, no hard feelings, and thats kool that you have a whole setup for music and such, I do too. I'm an avid protools user and an amateur recording engineer.

Post January 19th, 2009, 9:18 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

well then i bet your rig is nicer than mine.. i'm still very satisfied with the used digi 001 and 6.4 that i bought in '04 for school.it will probabally keep doing what i want it to forever, and since i'm really into collecting old gear i dont even have alot of plug ins.. the pro tools and the computer are simply a replacement for the 2 inch tape machine i'd never be able to afford.. mostly i use my synths for pads and basses,and layers of guitars, and organs and poop but since they make nice sounds when just on their own i like to just punch in some sequencer patterns and let the analog goodness flow..

Post January 19th, 2009, 9:34 pm

ya, my rig is running 7.3 with an m-box mini, only one mic jack, but i use a korg d1600 to record anything requiring more than one mic, then just usb it to protools. Plug in wise, i just run anything that came with it, like xpand, trial versions of izotope ozone, spectron, and thrash, Oh, and jensenator torrented reason 4 for me! lol. As far as synth goes, its only purpose is foundation in a mix. simple pads, and ambient effects that i layer into the mix to hold down the background.

Post January 19th, 2009, 10:04 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

reason is cool, in fact its super cool. i've been into analog synths for awhile and i was once asked to teach subtractive synthesis with reason in a high school.. i declined because i didnt really know the software well, but i shoulda.i've gotten really lucky with my instruments, so i spent alot of time with my arp, when i finally did get reason on my computer it made totall sense to me .. try this out.. this is an emulation of my precious.. http://www.gforcesoftware.com/back/UseF ... oductId=11 this emulator works awesome in protools,

Post January 19th, 2009, 11:06 pm

^ is there any way i can get that in a full version without paying for it? also, how do i make it sync with the keyboard, i have no midi keyboard to use, so i normally use my computer keyboard, so can i get it to sync with it?

Post January 19th, 2009, 11:29 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

yah.. easy to synch with the keyboard.. i played it with my juno 106, just select the m box as your midi in and out and what ever controller you have hooked up ought to at least controll note on note off information.. it even worked with my poly 800mk2. i don't know about how to set up a computer keyboard to controll a midi instrument, just cruise a couple thrift stores and flea markets and get a really really cheap old casio or yamaha peice of crap (the cheap plastic ones with built in speakers) that has midi in out and buy a pack of midi cables from fry's plug it into your mbox and you're set! (just remember to assign the midi out to reason or the emulator and not the ms wavetable synth..sooo many times i've made a wonderful patch on my juno and when i go to play it back with a midi map it plays that stupid windows piano.. ) you'll be able to play any emulator wih it and it's gonna cost less than 20 bucks.. OR ust go to guitar center and buy the ultra cheap midi controller for 50 bucks.. .. but those cheap crappy sounds from secondhand poop boards can me fun and if you're adventurous with a soldering iron they can do a hell of alot more than they were meant to.. ..

Post January 21st, 2009, 12:39 am

^ Mbox mini has no midi input sadly,,, only one mic jack too, piece of crap really, although its not as plasticy as i would have thought in terms of its preamp. Anways, ya no midi hook up, hence using the keyboard. I know of one, "bomes mouse keyboard," will work with the keyboard of a computer, but its not free... lol

Post January 21st, 2009, 6:45 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

i think you can get usb midi controller for like 50 bucks.. it'll have midi and usb, so, like, if you plug it in it oughta work with any emulator/soft synth (and reason).
and then it has midi in and out to controll other devices.for cheap you can get a simple usb midi in out too..thats when the microkorg (ultimate starter synth, just awesome..), ,or what ever else. starts looking like a good idea, and you just record the audio with the m box while the computer plays the synths the way you told it to. in fact in pro tools all you gotta do is create a midi track.. (even if your hardware has none)and then an audio track.. select the emulator you want to use ( ie reason, korg legacy , etc.. ) as the insert for the audio track, then assign the channel you want to use for both the midi and audio track.. anything you write to the midi track will play when you record it.. midi maps are your friend!
ps.. midi is cheaper than i thought !!!!!!!!lolhttp://cgi.ebay.com/3M-Keyboard-to-PC-USB-MIDI-Interface-Adapter-Cable-K97_W0QQitemZ280268785894QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280268785894&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1308

Post January 21st, 2009, 11:41 pm

^ I know how to use midi, and run midi maps properly and such, the problem is money though, no job... same reason why my room isn't soundproofed yet... that stuff is expensive. Hell, music in general is expensive. A 6 foot Mogami mic cable, barely long enough to reach the mic, cost me a whopping $45... ridiculous.

Post January 22nd, 2009, 12:11 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

yes it can be.. this is a picture of what happens when you're good at second hand shopping.. the best part is that a classic instrument is ALWAYS second hand, what's important is who's selling it a juno 60 bought off the bay from a "dealer" might cost you up to 500 bucks (more if you stupid enough to keep biddng after 350).. same synth in the thrift store a block from my house 200 bucks..my white faced arp odyssey, the one in my avatar.. cant touch one for less than a grand, mine was purchased by a frind for 25 bucks at a good will in slo i paid him 150, installed a filter that costs 89 bucks and i have one of the most sought after mono synths ever.my other vintage synths and alot of equipment have simular stories behind them.. . so yeah.. for me even that's alot, BUT i reckon i've saved thousands by expending effort and patience rather than cash.. and theres as many guitars a synthesizers here. those are a different story though..
facing desk
Image Insert:
26.17 KB
from desk side

Image Insert:
62.82 KB my gretsch and the sheraton arent in the picture..and the drums were stowed away..

Return to Off Topic Discussion