Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions A Celebration Of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando

A Celebration Of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points

It was reported less than a week ago that Warner Bros and Universal Orlando Resorts would host A Celebration of the Harry Potter Films, which would include a Q&A and autograph session with select cast and crew members of the series (to be announced closer to the opening dates), a gala event, and entrance to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter the weekend of November 11-13, 2011.

Two separate packages were available: the premier package that included invitation to the gala the evening of Sunday, November 13, and entrance to the autograph session.

For those keeping track of the landing page for the event, it was revealed that tickets for the premier package (including hotel stay) have already been sold out, in less than an hour after its announcement, seen here. Tickets are now available for the celebration package, and for select people who will or cannot purchase either package, there will be a chance to attend the events, though it has not been announced yet.

A key part of the celebration includes a screening of all Harry Potter films, but note that tickets for the films will be sold separately, and are not exclusive to those who purchase either package. Anyone at Universal Orlando Resorts can purchase tickets and watch the films on the big screen once again.

A few more important FAQs were released on the site, for those still interested in purchasing the lesser celebration package, or the individual sets to be sold later this year.

Will J.K. Rowling be there?
No, J.K. Rowling will not be in attendance.

How can I participate in the Autograph and Q&A sessions?
Guests can purchase a Premier Package to participate in one Cast Member Autograph session. Guests can purchase either a Premier package or a Celebration package to participate in one Cast Member Q&A session. There will be additional ways for a limited number of people to participate in celebration events. Stay tuned for more details.

What type of celebrities will be at the Autograph and Q&A sessions?
The Autograph and Q&A sessions will feature select cast members and filmmakers from the Harry Potter films.

Where will the Autograph and Q&A Sessions take place?
Autograph and Q&A sessions will take place in various areas within Universal?????????s Islands of Adventure ????????? home to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Specific locations and times will be provided in your welcome packet.

Can I purchase extra Autograph and Q&A sessions?
No. The number of Autograph and Q&A sessions is predetermined based on the vacation package you purchase and cannot be changed. Please check your vacation package entitlements for full details of what?????????s included in your specific package.There will be additional ways for a limited number of people to participate in celebration events. Stay tuned for more details.

What should I bring to the autograph session?
Universal Orlando will provide markers and celebrity photos at the Autograph session. You may also bring a personal item ????????? like a Harry Potter DVD or movie poster????????? to be signed; however we ask that only one item be signed per cast member.

Can I bring a camera and or/video camera to the event?
Yes, you can bring a camera/video camera to the event. However, please keep in mind we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate requests for personal photos with cast members.

I am an Annual Pass Holder; do I have to purchase a vacation package?
Yes, this is a separately packaged event. There will be additional ways for a limited number of people to participate in celebration events. Stay tuned for more details.

Are the film screenings included in the vacation package?
No. Harry Potter film screening tickets are not included in the vacation package.

When will film screening tickets be available for purchase?
Film screening tickets will be available for separate purchase at a later date. Please continue to check for updates.

Are film screening tickets exclusive to vacation package guests only?
No. They will be available for purchase by the general public.

How can I attend the Nighttime Gala Event on November 13?
Guests who purchase the Premier package attend the Nighttime Gala Event on November 13. Upon your arrival, event details will be provided in your welcome packet.

Will food and drinks be included at the evening event?
Yes, you will enjoy an assortment of food and drinks from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter as part of the event.

Is there any minimum age restriction to attend?
We understand that there are Harry Potter fans of all ages. Therefore, we leave it up to the discretion of the child?????????s parent or guardian as to whether the festivities of "A Celebration of the Harry Potter Films" will be suitable for their children.

Can I bring a camera to the event?
Yes. This is a special event so we recommend bringing a camera to capture your memories.

All details and information can be found HERE.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions