Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions A Pair of Popular Six Flags Over Texas Rides Are Going Away

A Pair of Popular Six Flags Over Texas Rides Are Going Away

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 2nd, 2012, 1:45 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

i'd say it's a shame about the parachutes, but a boomerang? it'll probabally get sold and reassembled,

Post August 2nd, 2012, 2:06 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

If they're removing two rides that are right near each-other, does that mean the possibility of a new coaster?

Sad about the parachute ride... I've always been curious about the original Coney Island version, and now it looks like there's only two of them left in the country... Knott's and SFGADV. The boomerang, though, I couldn't care less about. Nothing of value was lost there. Just much less headbanging, and there's still like 40 of them in operation around the world. That's an excellent choice on what to take out if they're going to build a new coaster.

Post August 2nd, 2012, 6:24 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by cjd

If they're removing two rides that are right near each-other, does that mean the possibility of a new coaster?

Sad about the parachute ride... I've always been curious about the original Coney Island version, and now it looks like there's only two of them left in the country... Knott's and SFGADV. The boomerang, though, I couldn't care less about. Nothing of value was lost there. Just much less headbanging, and there's still like 40 of them in operation around the world. That's an excellent choice on what to take out if they're going to build a new coaster.
knott's hasnt run the parachutes in about 14 years.

Post August 2nd, 2012, 6:39 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Originally posted by jayman

knott's hasnt run the parachutes in about 14 years.

Dangnabit, Wikipedia, you failed me again...

Post August 2nd, 2012, 9:26 pm

Points on hand: 548.00 Points

Post August 2nd, 2012, 10:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points

Post August 3rd, 2012, 2:20 am

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
The only rumor I heard was a possible 400+ ft Star Flyer like the one going into SFNE. Removing Flashback and the Chute Out won't make a very big plot of land for anything other than a flat ride, provided they're not also including all of that unused space over by Flashback where the bumper cars were and the empty strip mall stands.

Post August 3rd, 2012, 2:15 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by diamondback2k9

I really hate it when classic rides are removed.
thats ok, they made up for it by removing the boomerang too. so "bad newws" no more parachutes " good news" no more boomerang"

Post August 3rd, 2012, 2:19 pm

Points on hand: 88.00 Points
Someone beat me to the news, but I have heard from someone from the park that indeed a new coaster is being built .No word on what yet but 2 suggestions are a dive coast and a coaster big enough to span across the lake .

Post August 3rd, 2012, 2:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
You mean where the Judge is? There's not much room to work with there either. But I guess that's why I'm not paid to come up with the next great ride idea.

One thing's for sure: If it's gonna be a new coaster, then they're doing a great job at keeping it a secret.

Post August 3rd, 2012, 2:26 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

if they have any class left at all they wont be removing judge roy scream

Post August 3rd, 2012, 2:55 pm

Points on hand: 88.00 Points
All I was told was that it would span across the lake . Now if SFOT drains the lake or puts the ride over the lake, I don't know . SFOT will announce the plans after labor day . My thoughts are the station would be in the park where cuteout and flashback is, and the track spans over road to the lake area .

Return to General Theme Park Discussions