Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area AC/DC's Razor's Edge -- Update 3 on 1st Post

AC/DC's Razor's Edge -- Update 3 on 1st Post

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
Remaking an ACDC inspired ride I had submitted for the NLT 10 Round 1. I got great feed back for the first half of my initial ride but the ending had been way to boring. Someone even asked, "how I could f**k such a good ride up like that?" Answer: Poor planning and had a month to submit the ride.

Update:
Layout progress is finally done. Now that does not mean it is set and 100% shaped and smoothed. It still needs a lot of work, but the basic layout is done. 2 new pics, in Editor overview and screen of end section. Straight piece before the brake is going to be a splash down and queue areas.

Feedback and your input are very welcome. Scroll to end of post for exclusive offer.

And just for you helix haters, I added one. More akin to a lazy loop however. [;)]

Current Available Stats:
256ft Tall
225ft Drop
78 mph
+4.5 G's
-1.3 G's

New Pics:

Editor Top View of what may be final layout.

Turn into splash down still needs work, banking etc. May extend splash down, seems a bit short.

Wasn't happy with this ending, it felt rushed and unplanned.

Your thoughts, critiques, harsh words or other please. Colors not final, any suggestions? Album cover of AC/DC's Razor's Edge is red and silver.

The 1st person to name 1 song from the album, excluding the title track, will get an exclusive 1st ride before upload to the the exchange once it is ready.

[:p]
Last edited by Onjin on November 2nd, 2011, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 6th, 2011, 11:51 am

Points on hand: 686.00 Points

Post August 6th, 2011, 12:01 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Way to make the dumbest first drop I've ever seen that wasn't produced by emos. What is the point in making it an S like that?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 6th, 2011, 12:11 pm

^LOL. Never a dull moment with you.

The point was to make a drop that wasn't boring, like all the other hypers. Being original, I'd say.

So, you have any input? What kind of turn around should I use? Would you like to test for pacing and shaping, before I begin the super smoothing and locking in the layout?

Post August 6th, 2011, 1:08 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'd use a turnaround that isn't a flat turn like what you have, because quite honestly that looks pretty stupid as well. I know a hammerhead is unoriginal or whatever but really what else are you going to do besides that or a helix that is within reason?

Post August 6th, 2011, 6:25 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
i'd make the ties the same colour as the spine, but keep the rails metallic.

Post August 6th, 2011, 6:40 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points

Post August 6th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
The turnaround looks fine, unless you wanted to do something more complex like on Cheetah Hunt. The first drop also looks very nice. More proof that CKMWM has no idea what he is talking about.
Originally posted by dcs221
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post August 6th, 2011, 6:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post August 6th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
Why does your hill look terrible? that shaping is messed up...

Post August 7th, 2011, 10:27 am

tmv8888 - Which hill please. The first hill is an over banked high turn, the pic that has the train going through a low high speed turn.

dcs221 - Yeah, you got a point there. Poor choice of words.

Post August 7th, 2011, 10:32 am

Post August 7th, 2011, 10:49 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Omnigeek6

The turnaround looks fine, unless you wanted to do something more complex like on Cheetah Hunt. The first drop also looks very nice. More proof that CKMWM has no idea what he is talking about.

Image Insert:
2125.41 KB
Look at the picture and say that with a straight face. That literally is the worst turnaround I've ever seen on a B&M.

Post August 7th, 2011, 11:36 am

^I totally agree. The train hauls ass through that but, it just doesn't fit the ride itself, you know, the not so hyper elements. It's a big improvement on the original (whisper, "in the exchange") Razor's Edge.

That be why I changin' it, argh. What about making that drop like a straight hill would and go with a flat bank over the water into the floater hill. Sound better? Or...

Post August 9th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Post August 9th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Points on hand: 935.00 Points
That second hill is fugly. Try to model it after actual B&M hills:

Post August 10th, 2011, 7:50 am

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
LOL This thread = CK + some unaffiliated minions raping Onjin. But mainly CK.

But yeah, you really gotta work on the "Hill 2 Profile"...it's really round and weird. Is this Newton or handbuilt?

Post August 10th, 2011, 1:26 pm

^Hand built. PC doesn't run N2 very well. Plus I enjoy the challenge of hand building rides. New pics on the 1st post showing old hill 2 and new hill 2. I will probably be changing the turn around slightly. It's too simple.

CK makes me laugh. I find humor in his posts, whether or not I'm the current punching bag.

Appreciate the good feedback. Thank you.

Post August 10th, 2011, 3:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
yeah the hill shape of a b&m is always parabolic, with atleast a slighly smaller radius at the top. The smaller hills dont look as parabolic as the larger ones though generally. The big ones are VERY important tho as far as shaping goes. That new pic is looking much better btw.

Post August 10th, 2011, 4:57 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

Definitely a big improvement on the hill shaping. The peaks of the hills are fine, but the transitions into them look a bit too straight. This might be a result of you trying to reshape them while keeping the rest of the track in place. You might need move the endpoints of the hill and adjust your layout slightly, since a correctly shaped hill is likely to have a different overall length to what you had initially.

Post October 20th, 2011, 11:21 am

Points on hand: 935.00 Points
I like this a lot better. I like the Intimidator esque turn around. Nice changeup instead of the everyday hammerhead.

Return to Hard Hat Area