Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Advice

Advice

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post February 7th, 2003, 6:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,958.00 Points
Is there any advice that you master builders can give me on building coasters with the No Limits Editor, because I am having troubles making the ride smooth, getting the bank just right, etc. I am really looking forward to some great advice! Thanks in advance!

Webmaster of Way Wyld Coasters
http://www.geocities.com/waywyldcoasters
Check it out now!

Post February 7th, 2003, 10:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Basicly, just dont give up. Just keep at it and your skills will improve. Remember to check g forces. a way to make g forces less is the actually shorten the handles from the vertices but by doing that you also make the track rougher. Just have to find the right combo. High speed banked turns should be about 135 degrees. n stuff

errrrrr stuff

Post February 7th, 2003, 10:31 pm

All right, thanks. The thing im having the most trouble with right now is getting the little hills just right, because i just cant get them to "flow" if you know what I mean.

Check it out now!

Post February 8th, 2003, 12:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Post February 9th, 2003, 1:22 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
If you find something that doesn't seem to flow well, try thinking of another approach to it. And if that doesn't work, try another way. Making a coaster flow is very difficult to do, you can't have a coaster that is all about strait bunny hopps, go into an extreamly twisted section, becuase it prolly wouldn't flow right.

Post February 9th, 2003, 1:52 am

Right, so I finished a coaster, though it still isn't much (still gotta add supports). How high should the G's be, once or twice the vertical G's get to be 6+; is this bad?

Check it out now!

Post February 9th, 2003, 10:04 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Generally speaking, yes, it isnt good. NL has a nifty little feature in the simulator, if you notice that as you g-forces change they may change color. Green is tolerable, yellow is also tolerable but is pushing the limits a little bit, and red is intolerable, depending on how high the g-forces are the coaster will be much less comfortable on the rider, and may chance them passing out.

If I recall, it goes RED at 5 Positive G's, -2 G's and 2 or 3 + or - lateral g's. Try to stay away from these.

BTW just so you know, feel free for test riders, most coaster designers in NL are more than happy to help out new and old designers alike and usually offer great input into making a coaster.

Return to No Limits Coaster