Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Alpengeist vs Montu

Alpengeist vs Montu

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 31st, 2009, 12:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
I just rode Alpengeist this past weekend...and I think that both it AND Montu beat Raptor...but I give a slighty edge to Montu because of the butterfly loop halfway through. It just nails you with positive G's and the second half is very intense. Alpengeist was alot of fun too...but at the end it loses some speed and while still exciting...it isn't relentless to the very end like Montu is...give a slight edge to Montu.

Post August 31st, 2009, 1:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Well I have ridden both of them, and I must give Alpengiest a slight win over Montu.

I only got to ride Montu once, so maybe I didn't have enough time to fully appreciate the ride, but I do remember that the trim killed it at the end. I thought it was very comparable to Alpengiest in terms of inversions, although Montu's seemed to be a little less forceful. The Batwing is definitely very cool though.

Alpengeist. What can I say, it's 5 minutes from my house. I have experienced every possible way to ride this ride. I don't remember which row I rode on Montu, but I know it makes a difference for Alpie due to the zero car. The front row is great for that very floaty flying feeling, though parts of the loop and cobra roll are still very very intense. The first drop always seems to last forever. The back row on the other hand, is the truly aggressive mountain ghost come out of his cage. The further back you go, the rougher and more intense. The vibrations and rumbling are extremely prevalent, and the immelmanp, loop, and cobra are all ridiculous. The loop in the back row has been known to cause blackouts (Yes I've seen one of my friends blackout). The cobra really whips around the corkscrew part. Overall just a relentless ride in the back.

That being said, Alpengeist takes the win for me. It is the the only roller coaster ever to make me puke after I rode it twice in a row in the back seat.

Post August 31st, 2009, 1:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
HAHA great story. It's hard for me because I loved Alpengeist. Montu is probably the better ride (in the polls at least), but Alpengeist is more fun for me. It is very close...I said give the edge to Montu, but it all depends on what you like...Alpengeist has it all...Montu has alot too...it's just kinda your own opinion. Most would say Montu it seems, but I say it's too close to be honest with you...deff. both are better than Raptor though...but deff. try to ride both if you ever can. Two amazing coasters built in two amazing parks that have awesome theming.

Post August 31st, 2009, 3:35 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Originally posted by Hepta

I only got to ride Montu once, so maybe I didn't have enough time to fully appreciate the ride, but I do remember that the trim killed it at the end.

Check again, the only trim that is used occasionally on Montu is before the batwing, which is a good thing because that part is insanely forceful with no trims on. I literally black out for a few seconds everytime. As far as I know, there are no trims near the end what-so-ever....
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post August 31st, 2009, 11:20 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Originally posted by rcking04

Originally posted by Hepta

I only got to ride Montu once, so maybe I didn't have enough time to fully appreciate the ride, but I do remember that the trim killed it at the end.

Check again, the only trim that is used occasionally on Montu is before the batwing, which is a good thing because that part is insanely forceful with no trims on. I literally black out for a few seconds everytime. As far as I know, there are no trims near the end what-so-ever....

Sorry bad choice in wording. I meant to say the trim and the braking at the MCBR combined seemed to kill the ending of the ride. The trim must have been on fully the day I was there because I could feel the train slowing and the batwing was nowhere near blacking me out.

Either way, don't get me wrong. I love both rides very much. Both in my top 10 list. But within that top 10 Alpengiest just seemed better to me.

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions