Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Alpengeist vs Montu

Alpengeist vs Montu

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 28th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,157.00 Points
So, which one is better, I've only been on Alpengeist and its highly unlikely unless I become a nomad one day that I'd ever ride Montu. Alpengeist has more speed, bigger drops. Montu has one more inversion and looks more intense. From what I've seen on video, Montu is one I'd really like to ride.

Post August 28th, 2009, 10:30 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
montu is great. I can't compare it to alpengeist, cuz i've never ridden it. but i do know that montu beat raptor by a long shot.

Post August 28th, 2009, 10:30 pm

Points on hand: 827.00 Points
Montu is intense. It's one inversion after the other, with one VERY quick break. the ride is non-stop from the time you leave the lift hill until you come to a stop on the brake run. If you ever get the chance, it's a MUST ride, defiantly.

Post August 28th, 2009, 11:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,098.00 Points
Montu is fun. Raptor is better IMO and IME. Never rode Alpengeist.

Post August 28th, 2009, 11:09 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
From what I heard, Alpengeist was very drawn out and suffered from bad pacing. IMO, I think Montu is better than Raptor. I think a batwing is way more exciting than a cobra roll, and there are only a handful of batwings like Montu's in the world compared to the countless cobra rolls.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post August 28th, 2009, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
Why are people answering when they haven't ridden both? Unless you've ridden both, you can't give a valid decision.
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 28th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Points on hand: 827.00 Points
We're just stating our opinions on Montu. We don't have to have ridden both. It's just our statements & opinions.

Post August 29th, 2009, 12:09 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Originally posted by griffonluv

Why are people answering when they haven't ridden both? Unless you've ridden both, you can't give a valid decision.

I hope you weren't talking about my post...
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post August 29th, 2009, 1:58 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Montu is great! Alpengeist may be taller but Montu does have some great height to it. The first loop and immelman are both great and very tall. The second loop is absolutely ridiculous. I didn't even know there was a second loop until I rode it. Which, especially for B&M, is very rare in the second section of the ride!

At least we cared to give our specs and opinions on the rides, whether it only be one or the other, instead of wasting time with that post of yours [;)]

Post August 29th, 2009, 3:06 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Montu is way better. More forces, more pacing, and better inversions.

Post August 29th, 2009, 11:26 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Montu owns Alpengiest. I love Montu, but alpengiest is just ehhh.

Post August 29th, 2009, 11:49 am

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

At least we cared to give our specs and opinions on the rides, whether it only be one or the other, instead of wasting time with that post of yours [;)]

Sure. If you want to believe that.
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 29th, 2009, 11:59 am

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

^ you have a really negative attitude.

Sure, someone who hasn't ridden both can't say which one is better...but that shouldn't stop them from sharing their opinion on an open forum.

I've ridden neither, but by looking at height, inversions, elements, and theming I think I would prefer Montu.

I hope thats alright with you

Post August 29th, 2009, 12:15 pm

^Nah. I actually have a pretty good attitude! It's that this topic is "Alpengeist vs Montu"; not "What are your thought on Alpengeist and Montu?". I'm just saying, the guy is looking for which one is better, and people telling him how good one of them is, isn't helping much.

I personally prefer Alpengeist. More speed, a more graceful feel, and a unique experience. It's a bit rough at the MCBR, but it's not bad. I've never ridden Montu, and I know that I can't judge them, but by pictures, I don't like the layout as much.
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 29th, 2009, 1:34 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^How can you prefer one over another without riding them both?

Post August 29th, 2009, 1:37 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
Well then you'd better come down here gluv, because Montu, from the countless times I've ridden it, and from the countless vids. i've seen of Alpengeist...personally, would own Alpengeist.

No other steel inversion can beat the inverted Batwing, NOTHING at all, your legs feel like they are being ripped from their knee sockets on that thing! Same goes for Fire Dragon's last cork, but that's not the topic.
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post August 29th, 2009, 1:40 pm

Points on hand: 106.00 Points
Montu is absoulutly amazing and it beats Raptor by a long shot. I love the intensity of Montu. Its amazing but Ive never been on Alpengeist.

Post August 29th, 2009, 2:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,098.00 Points
I didn't even notice the batwing on Montu. Inversions are becoming too boring for me, I prefer airtime.

@griffon I just love how you wrote a paragraph about people who are giving opinions on only one of the rides, as opposed to a comparison. Then you go give just one, Montu, a review. Pure hypocritical.

Post August 29th, 2009, 2:51 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
Never ridden Montu, but I know Alpengeist is one hell of a ride. Raptor is good too, but Alpengeist's drop owns.

Post August 29th, 2009, 4:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points

^Nah. I actually have a pretty good attitude! It's that this topic is "Alpengeist vs Montu"; not "What are your thought on Alpengeist and Montu?". I'm just saying, the guy is looking for which one is better, and people telling him how good one of them is, isn't helping much.

>>>I personally prefer Alpengeist. More speed, a more graceful feel, and a unique experience. It's a bit rough at the MCBR, but it's not bad. I've never ridden Montu, and I know that I can't judge them, but by pictures, I don't like the layout as much.<<<

Hypocrite???

Post August 29th, 2009, 4:19 pm

^Yep [:)] Along with many others in this topic.
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 30th, 2009, 1:40 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

alpengiest pwns montu. its one of my favorites. Everything is fast and forceful. The only thing that was mediocre about it was the final helix at the end but other then that it was f**king awsome. montu was whatever.

Post August 30th, 2009, 9:33 am

^The last helix gives that gliding/flying sensation for me. It's a nice break from the intensity.
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 30th, 2009, 10:29 am

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
I havent been on alpengeist yet, but i can agree that montu is one amazing ride. I had to keep riding it over and over and it never got any less intense. Its a pretty amazing ride.
^the message is up there^

Post August 31st, 2009, 12:06 pm

Points on hand: 761.00 Points
Montu is the greatest coaster I've been on (just rode it first time this weekend). The layout is incredibly unique, the forces are mind-blowing, the pacing is perfect, and the theming is enough to make it an awesome ride on it's own. The drop is wonderfully crafted, as well as each element following it.

It's my fifty-five year old mother's favorite coaster. :)

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions