Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Alton Towers or Thorpe Park

Alton Towers or Thorpe Park

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 1st, 2005, 8:50 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I was wonderign whats a better overall park?
Alton Towers or Thorpe Park

Post October 1st, 2005, 9:02 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
IMO alton towers, coasterwise, mostly because of nemmi, oblivion, air and afcourse rita

thorpe has only 3 good once inferno, colosuss and stealth, was has to be completed yet...

Post October 1st, 2005, 9:46 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Yeah, Alton Towers, it's got everything in terms of a family day out, and in terms of what coaster enthusiasts want, well, the best enthusiasts can get in England anyhow. (With the expection of a woodie obviously, thats the one thing the park is lacking, but Thorpe Park doesn't have a woodie either) The thing about Thorpe Park for me is that it is so small, that everyhting is right there, you really don't have to walk very much to get to the nest ride which is great, but along with that comes a space problem, which is something Alton Towers certainly don't suffer from (although they do suffer from many other afflictions, the Ropers for example lol.) But yeah, Alton Towers has something for everyone, including the biggest garden I've ever seen [lol] for the old grannies. There's far more variety and more to do at Alton Towers, but don't get me wrong, Thorpe Park a great little park too [;)]

Post October 1st, 2005, 10:21 am

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
I would say Alton but ive never been to either of them but yea Alton Towers

Post October 1st, 2005, 10:32 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Im going to thorpe for the first time next year, and ive been to alton loads of times. I will say Alton, as i havent been to thorpe yet, but i cant see thorpe beating alton IMO yet, as alton has nemmy, and thats my favourite ride ever! Alton also has other great rides, they just need some good flats. And a woody, hmmm i hope we get one for 2007. Actually i dont mind what we get in 2007 as long as its a thrill ride. They are spending ?????????10million on a new ride for 2007, so its likely to be a huge coaster (hopefully an edited version of them woody plans) [:D]

Yeah, alton i will say. I love the fact its such a beautiful park aswell, and the fact they havent wrecked the surrounding areas at all. But thorpe isnt far behind now, they have a great selection of flats, and 2 awesome coasters, with the 3rd one in the pull through part of the building process. Thore could really become a competitor, its just they have space issues like Gouldy said.

Post October 1st, 2005, 11:40 am

Points on hand: 2,235.00 Points

I would say Alton Towers also because it has great theming and the best rides.(And it Has the Great NEMESIS)

Post October 1st, 2005, 11:50 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Well depends. I prefer Alton Towers because you are out in the country side, surrounded by rolling hills and forests. Thorpe Park is in London, so it was qquite built up around there....although there is some nice countryside behind the park. Thorpe Park also has the advantage of everything being close together rather than having to walk for 4 days to get between rides at Alton Towers

Post October 1st, 2005, 2:36 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Edge

Well depends. I prefer Alton Towers because you are out in the country side, surrounded by rolling hills and forests. Thorpe Park is in London, so it was qquite built up around there....although there is some nice countryside behind the park. Thorpe Park also has the advantage of everything being close together rather than having to walk for 4 days to get between rides at Alton Towers

u should go to the efteling, those are long walks...i lost 2 pounds that day, but i made it up with the pile'o'frenchfries

Post October 1st, 2005, 2:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

No, still try Alton hyyyper. Its 500 acres large, its a massive area of land. Ive known people get lost in the garden for like an hour or 2 trying to find a quicker way to nemmy. hehe. It takes about 20 mins to walk from nemesis to Oblivion i would say.

Post October 1st, 2005, 3:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
My vote goes to Alton, but I would still have to say that Thorpe has a lot to offer.

Post October 1st, 2005, 4:08 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post October 1st, 2005, 4:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
^I was wondering that too. Did the part where I said that my vote went to AT make you think this should be a pole?

Post October 1st, 2005, 4:23 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Yeah Alton Towers gets my vote, but Thorpe has Colosus and Nemie Inferno.

Post October 1st, 2005, 7:59 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
if this was a poll it really goes alton: 99999999 thorpe: 9 [:D]

it's just, alton has more coasters in his park. Also it has a few coasters that are pretty rare in the world. Including lot's of custom coasters. If you look at thorpe, i'm sure colossus would be nice and that stealth would be fun. stealth: catalog ride... I'm sure when this ride get's populair, it get's build in more parks that has no money for another ttd or kk, so they build a mini ttd or kk...

Post October 2nd, 2005, 5:45 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

if this was a poll it really goes alton: 99999999 thorpe: 9 [:D]

it's just, alton has more coasters in his park. Also it has a few coasters that are pretty rare in the world. Including lot's of custom coasters. If you look at thorpe, i'm sure colossus would be nice and that stealth would be fun. stealth: catalog ride... I'm sure when this ride get's populair, it get's build in more parks that has no money for another ttd or kk, so they build a mini ttd or kk...

i don't think it's all about money, i think lots of ppl who live next to thorpe are complain just like the ones living next the AT, as they did at oblivion....

Post October 2nd, 2005, 10:47 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Maybe when THorpe Park gets thier Intamin hyper coaster it will have a chance being compared to Alton Towers, but everyone knows that Alton towers has more rides, longer rides, and a longer time to walk in between rides, thus making it better.

Return to Off Topic Discussion