Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines Anim8or and object editor problems

Anim8or and object editor problems

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Post May 8th, 2004, 9:22 am

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
I have anim8or, which I try to use to make new objects. I make an object, export it to a .3ds file, and then try to open it in the object editor by clicking on the "import" button. The object doesn't appear in the object editor. I save it as a scream machines object. Scream machines lets me place the object on the ground, but it does not show up. All I see when I place the object is a little sphere. I am not really used to using the object editor. Could someone tell me how I can make anim8or's .an8 files work in scream machines.

Post May 8th, 2004, 1:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,644.00 Points
The reason you can not see it in the Object Editor or in Scream Machines is you have not applied any materials to the object. Download the Anim8or help file and read through the materials section. If you want to just apply color to an object (or parts of an object) can can just specify an diffuse color (You can change the diffuse color later on in the editor if you change you mind) If you want to apply a "texture" to the object (really it is a diffusion map), then you will have to set the diffuse texture to the .png file (Scream Machines only recognizes .png images) that you wish to use. You may also have to map the texture to the object. I am not sure what options Anim8or has for mapping objects if any.

There is an update coming to the Object Editor that includes a complete help file, as well as a SM Update coming. I believe they are planning to release them at the same time, though they may be 2 separate downloads.

Post May 8th, 2004, 3:13 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
do you have the latest object editor update?
I did had the same problem, it's noting with textures, i guess you don't had the latest update of Object Editor
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post May 8th, 2004, 3:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,690.00 Points
Like Dirk said, make sure you're using the latest Object Editor available as a seperate download from my site. The 3DS importer included in 1.46a doesn't handle 3DS files that don't include node info, which is the case of anim8or exports. There will be another OE update released soon that comes with help files. It will probably be released at the same time 1.5 is, but as a seperate download.

Post May 11th, 2004, 4:21 pm

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
Yes, Dirk Ermen, I do have the newest update. It lets me import 3ds files.

Return to Scream Machines