Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Anime Poll

Anime Poll

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Anime Poll

Dragon Ball GT
No votes
Yu Yu Hakusho
10%
Rurouni Kenshin
No votes
Inuyahsa
20%
Rave Master
No votes
Full Metal Alchemist
50%
Gundam Seed
No votes
Dragon Ball
No votes
Dragon Ball Z
10%
Outlaw Star
10%
Tenchi Muyo Series
No votes
Zoids Series
No votes
Big O
No votes
Gundam Wing Series
No votes
G Gundam
No votes

Total votes : 10

Post February 15th, 2005, 4:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

Im not sure if this has been done yet, but I will list all Newer Anime's on Cartoon Network at this time and ones that have been on Cartoon network. Im not going to list old school anime such has Lupin the III or Case Closed. I will not list stupid ones such as yugioh or pokemon.

I will start with ones that are on CN right now first before the ones that use to be on CN.

If you have any more you would like to add that I forgot, say so.

But remember, only ones that have aired on CN.

After Gundam seed are ones that are not aired on CN anymore
Last edited by masterchief101 on February 15th, 2005, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 15th, 2005, 4:45 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Anime is stupid in my opinion. Nothing like the good ol classics like Tom & Jerry [lol]

Post February 15th, 2005, 4:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

What the hell, the only one i've heard of is Dragon Ball Z and thats because there was a review of the Dragon Ball Z PS2 game in me PS2 mag! [lol] I havent even voted. It is all really bad. Like WWS said, nothing beats Tom & Jerry, the looney toons, and Disney! [lol]

Post February 15th, 2005, 4:49 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I vote for the coolest new anime show on Adult Swim, Fullmetal Alchemist. I am also a Dragonball Z fan, but I have seen all of the episodes before so it has lost some of its appeal to me. Inuyasha is pretty cool too.

Post February 15th, 2005, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,751.00 Points

Post February 15th, 2005, 6:03 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

Anime is stupid in my opinion. Nothing like the good ol classics like Tom & Jerry [lol]

defenatly true [:D]

Post February 15th, 2005, 6:52 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I make my own Anime, I have a talent for drawing women in not very many clothes [lol] and I've progressed through drawing really realistic women and now I'm through to drawing more Anime Stlye characters ... I guess you could say its slightly more Hentai than Anime. All of the shows on CN are stupid and childish ... after 9 PM they should show Hentai Anime, then I would watch [lol] Unless you are 9 I'm sure you should find it hard to watch a CHILDS cartoon and find it entertaining, ahwell maybe not.

Post February 15th, 2005, 9:17 pm
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points

Post February 16th, 2005, 2:50 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
guys...seriously...ANIME!?!?!...are u joking...if u want to watch anime go to japan...if you notice on cartoon network( i know this becuz i have a slow 14 year old brother who watches it) its the network for "KIDS"...jeez

Post February 16th, 2005, 2:52 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
now gouldy...drawing anime is not stupid but watching and being obsessed over it is... and yes i even too love the classics like tom and jerry, and roadrunner and such cartoons made by achme

Post February 16th, 2005, 3:08 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I don't draw Anime, I draw Hentai, I thought I made that clear ... obviously not.

"I have a slow 14 year old brother that watches it" *cough* by this you mean ... you [lol]

Post February 16th, 2005, 3:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
okay, i have several friends who are obsessed with anime and they have tried to get me hooked on it too, and all i have to say is that anime is some of the most god awful, corny, unrealistic, badly animated crap ever created.

Post February 16th, 2005, 4:26 pm

I find it cool, and as I said in the top, If i forgot to put something in there, then say so, which man said, I forgot Ghost in the shell, but oh well, there were only 15 spots anyway. This is really more for those who like anime, I dont have a problem with those who hate anime, and they should show hentai anime after a certain time.

Also im not obsessed over it, its just a poll to see what anime shows on cn people perfer, If I was obsessed with it, then I wouldnt be playing video games, Im pretty obsessed with video games, but i still get out enough.

I also like tom and jerry and those good ol shows. I like a lot of cartoons, anime is just my favorite style.

The only ones I watch on CN are Fullmetal, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, and Rurouni Kenshin.

Also the anime on CN has been cut a lot, if you get the straigt japaneese versions or uncut pure anime, its full of profanity and violence and blood and gore and nudity. I once saw pure japaneese DBZ episodes, there were so much stuff in there that they would never show on CN. Japaneese anime would prob get a MA or X rating.

sorry for everyting being so jumbled up and out of order, if it is.

Post February 16th, 2005, 5:44 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by PumpMeUp

guys...seriously...ANIME!?!?!...are u joking...if u want to watch anime go to japan...if you notice on cartoon network( i know this becuz i have a slow 14 year old brother who watches it) its the network for "KIDS"...jeez

Dude, cartoon network is AWESOME![lol] Also that are cartoons, not anime.[lol]

Post February 16th, 2005, 5:46 pm

i dont have a problem with people liking anime.. everyone's different, i just find it corny and whatever else i said up there. BUT, when you practically worship japan (like several of my friends) and always obsess over japan like it's the best thing ever all because you love anime- that's a bit far. i just don;t understand how a country can be loved like that. its okay to like the japanese lifestyle, but i really get annoyed with people who all they talk about is japan and their only real expierence with it is anime. one of my friends thought japan was the best thing ever, she took japanese, read every anime out there, always boasted about how great the japanese are, then she even took some sort of japanese exchange student program and went there for 6 months. or so she thought. japan was SO much different than she thought that she absolutally hated it and came back after a month. i guess she thought it would be anime-central? i dunno. it doesnt make sence to me. also, japan has SUCH a rich culture and history and all anyone ever concentrates on is the anime. it just annoyes the hell out of me.

Post February 17th, 2005, 4:12 pm

I get what you saying coaster, Practically the only things I like about japan in their anime, and samauri's and the history of samauri's and japan. It would be nice to visit for mabye a week. I just find anime style interesting, I dont draw it, I suck at drawing. I just like to watch.

(I never understand how we always get off the main topics of the off topic forum. (that sounds weird))

Post February 17th, 2005, 5:26 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
I don't even know the most of them. I only now Kill Bill anime, it RULEZZ

Post February 17th, 2005, 10:19 pm

honestly, kill bill made absolutally no sence. it was just a whole bunch of killing and extremely unrealistic blood geysers shooting out of people. tres lame.

not to mention it had no storyline to it whatsoever.

Post February 17th, 2005, 11:28 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

or woody the wood pecker[:D] I hate anime, too.

Post February 18th, 2005, 3:26 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

whatever happened to Animaniacs, they were cool [:)]

Post February 18th, 2005, 12:29 pm
man

Post February 18th, 2005, 1:48 pm

I sort of know what ghost in the shell is, but i didnt get into it.

Kill Bill was allright.

When animaniacs were, I watched all the time, also Pinky and the Brain, I wonder what happend to them.

Some of the animatrix styles were good, my fav. out of that was the CGI one, it had really good graphics on it.

Post February 18th, 2005, 11:57 pm
man

ghost in the shells the best but the second movie suked shows ok first movie ruled neways have u guys ever heard of appleseed

Post February 19th, 2005, 3:35 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Ohh, remember Doug? ANy of you people remember that show? You used to always watch that show every morning, that show was the ****. I remember this one episode where he's like singing about a plunger, I don't remember why, but it amuses me looking back. What ever happened to good shows like that? Now everything is either Japan or some stupid cartoon with poor humor.

Return to Off Topic Discussion