Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Architecture

Architecture

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 9th, 2010, 10:53 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
so as a junior in highschool i suppose its important to choose something to go to college for. I've always wanted to be an architect, and I've taken(counting next year) about 3/4 of the drafting classes my school has to offer. I know that architectures majors are mainly 5 years. so I want to know before I spend the next 9 months looking at colleges if its worth going to college for architecture. What I really want to know is if I'll be able to find a a decent job after I graduate?
What are these for?

Post March 9th, 2010, 10:57 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
You are in Jr. high. Don't worry about college quite yet lol.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post March 9th, 2010, 11:07 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
SLOSPRINT FAIL! Try thinking a little more..
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post March 9th, 2010, 11:08 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
He said he is a JUNIOR IN HIGHSCHOOL.

As far as the job market for that I don't know diddly squat I'm sorry. Make sure you go to a school that offers other concentrations in case you end up hating architecture.

The best way to kill an interest is to take a college class in it.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 9th, 2010, 11:08 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Just be sure to get a VERY good score on your ACT/SAT as well as keep up a good GPA. Where do you think of going?
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post March 9th, 2010, 11:12 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I am a love idiot [sillyme]!
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post March 9th, 2010, 11:14 pm

Points on hand: 1,105.00 Points
Civil engineer's are always needed. Though its quite a lot of work. I'm currently working on a 5 year masters program as a mechanical engineer, and some of my good friends are civil's. The world will always need civils as you'd design everything we need to survive.... roads, sewage, waste disposal, houses, apartments, condos... etc.

If its really what you want to do then go ahead and go for it. If you change your mind (which happens to pretty much everyone) and you find that you don't wanna be a civil, you can always transfer out.

Post March 9th, 2010, 11:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
I'm going for structural, and possibly a minor in architecture..

Post March 9th, 2010, 11:45 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
http://i.pbase.com/u17/realkuhl/upload/ ... G_9610.jpg

Don't build places without talking to the geoscientists. They're your friend.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 10th, 2010, 12:03 am

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
^The great master of the internet has forbidden us from seeing that image.
American Eagle Lover

Post March 10th, 2010, 2:02 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

architecture's the toughest thing at my college. They spend countless nights awake finishing projects. For the job market I hear both, you make it big and make a ton, or you struggle looking for jobs and make low average wage. I'm not sure, looks like fun to me but the work load at my school is crazy, looks fun though with all the cool buildings they make. Also, look at colleges job placement rate, that will guarantee you a job sometimes

Post March 10th, 2010, 7:41 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
thanks for the feedback. For the SATs I think I'll have around 1600-1800 probaly closer to 1600. as for colleges I'm currently researching marywood in scranton pa, Philidelphia University, California College of the arts. My best friend wants to go to Pennstate for the same thing but he has a better shot at getting accepted because he has all honors classes and his grades are alittle better, while I have one honors class.
What are these for?

Post March 10th, 2010, 4:17 pm
stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

I am a new Civil Engineer. It does not matter what school you attend. SAT scores don't mean anything, I know people who had very impressive scores and have dropped out. If you are willing to work hard, then you will be fine, of course you need to be mathematically and physics oriented. Colleges scam kids every year, you are really buying into the reputation and not the education. GPA for getting into college is important but you want to be well rounded. Having keen social skills as an engineer as well as being a good student will put you above anyone at one end of the spectrum. Good luck. It is always the people who WORK the hardest get the best GPA is college, not the most intelligent. I knew some very intelligent kids that just would not do the work.

[:D]
Vasco XTR

Return to Off Topic Discussion