Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Arrow Multi-looper Updated

Arrow Multi-looper Updated

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post November 10th, 2011, 10:04 am

Points on hand: 287.00 Points
I started a small project a couple of weeks ago on an Arrow Multi-looper. The elements are inspired mostly by the legendary Drachen Fire, and Viper at SFMM. There are some jerks and bumps that I can't seem to fix and need some testers to let me know what problems I should fix before I start the supports.
Here are some features of the coaster followed by a few pictures:
6 inversions
181 ft tall curving first drop
139 ft tall vertical loop
119 ft tall cutback
batwing
double corkscrew
360 degree helix
5012 ft length
69 mph top speed

Last edited by Millennium Force 44 on November 26th, 2011, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 10th, 2011, 1:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I would say I'll test, but I'm in no position to be testing for the next week or so. I will make a few comments about it: it looks too flowy for a multilooper. Can we get some more pictures that aren't taken in target mode? lol

Post November 10th, 2011, 2:15 pm

Sure, here are some more pictures. I see where you get the idea of how parts of the ride are flowy, but that is the Drachen Fire ispiration side of this coaster. I guess you can call this an arrow custom-looper instead (if that even makes a difference). Also, I am thinking about taking out the MCBR and adding a different element instead because I will probably only run two trains on this coaster.

Post November 10th, 2011, 2:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Drachen Fire was not flowy in the same way that yours looks like it is. I would have to ride it to actually tell, but as I said, unfortunately I cannot. Drachen fire was still an arrow coaster, and was still made in the same style. I'm still excited to ride this on the exchange in the future, but I just am not expecting a crazy-realistic arrow looper.

Post November 10th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
make you ride a bit more geometric in places like this...

Post November 10th, 2011, 8:37 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post November 10th, 2011, 8:47 pm

Post November 10th, 2011, 9:04 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post November 10th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Originally posted by Kyle Sloane

make you ride a bit more geometric in places like this...

I am going back to work on that now. I will keep ya'll updated.

Post November 10th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Post November 11th, 2011, 6:14 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

As I am still somewhat a noob to NL in comparison to a lot of the other members on here, my opinion may mean less than that of a 5 year old's. At any rate, here are my thoughts:

1) the lead-in to the loop is too straight, on viper, GASM and Shockwave, the lead-in to the loop had more curve to it.

2) The whole ride seems to be sort of newtonish. The flow is just too smooth to be Arrow style, Arrow transitions are rather rough and tumble, yours seems more like if Intamin and Arrow had a baby who had a baby with B&M. I know you are trying to keep the transitions within the "known and respected realms" of NL realism, but, the ear smahing head banging thrash is what makes Arrow, well, to put it simply, Arrow. they were always a geometric shaped design versus the modern forced based design of today's top coasters.

3) Love the giant rollover over-bank thing coming out of the first loop, while it may not be true to Arrow's original designs, it seems to work fairly well with your ride.

That being said, cant wait to see the finished product. I have always been a fan of Arrow's coasters.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post November 11th, 2011, 11:21 am

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
Originally posted by spacemountainfan619

3) Love the giant rollover over-bank thing coming out of the first loop, while it may not be true to Arrow's original designs, it seems to work fairly well with your ride.

Drachen Fire cutback inspired I'd assume.

Post November 25th, 2011, 2:39 pm

I went back and completely changed the layout, trying to make more Arrow-like elements. I like the turnout and want to start supporting fairly soon. let me know what you think.

Post November 26th, 2011, 7:49 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Originally posted by Kyle Sloane

how?^^
poop, sorry, didnt see that post, but yeah purg lets you create elements lol. well, curved geometry so to speak elements. as well as parabolic hats, straight sections and if you want you can make the element by specifying the control points. I've been wanting to make something like a arrow or wild mouse for a while like this but never had the inspiration.

Post November 26th, 2011, 9:37 pm

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Purg is for superiors only like RWN just don't even bother he's the best only he can use it.

Also, FVDs.

Post November 27th, 2011, 12:04 am

No i know how to do fvds ive just never bothered with the purg.

Post December 1st, 2011, 7:50 pm

Started supporting. This is what I have so far. Let me know what you think.

Post December 1st, 2011, 8:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,369.00 Points
Pretty good support work, but the arrow-multi-loopers didnt really have tube supports. might want to make the majority of the boxes h-beams or something?

also before you continue supporting you should try to make the loop finish a little straighter since that's how arrow would do it. Arrow coasters especially multiloopers have a lot of straights, i guess this is room for trims. your coaster still looks really flowy...

Post December 2nd, 2011, 3:21 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^What are you talking about?
http://www.rcdb.com/25.htm?p=36733

And the shaping looks pretty much awesome to me. I love the turnaround after the second loop.

Post December 2nd, 2011, 5:57 pm

^Yeah I only am using tube supports for the vertical pieces going from the ground to the highest point. Everything else is the non-tube steel beams (I would call them I-beams and maybe L-beams?).

I went back and made the first loop finish higher/pull out higher, if that's what you meant richie5126. I think the new loop look looks better and more Viper-ish. The second loop has also been tweaked. I made it tighter because I thought the original was a little too large. I will have pictures later.

GerstlCrazy, I started to remove that turn and have the coaster wrap around the first drop rather than cut through the structure again. It is similar, but drops to the ground now then back up into a MCBR. I am not sure if I want to add the MCBR or keep it the way it was. Again, I will post pictures later tonight with both options.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Return to Hard Hat Area