Board index Roller Coaster Games 3D Modeling Discussion Autodesk Inventor Thread

Autodesk Inventor Thread

Discuss anything related to 3D modeling from 3ds Max to Object Creator. Have a question? Get it answered here!

Post August 8th, 2012, 7:10 am
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
have been working in Inventor, made a Maurer S?????????hne track with the XT Spine. just wanted to share

only thing i didn't add was the bolts between the connectors, and the white stripe friction things

Last edited by RideWarriorNation on August 8th, 2012, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 8th, 2012, 9:41 am

Points on hand: 542.00 Points
That's really cool! Are you using the loft tool to extend the track?
Progressive Rock Band "Castles"
http://castlesnj.bandcamp.com/

Post August 8th, 2012, 3:09 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,524.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Wow, very very nice.

Have you tried modelling some track which moves and rotates in more than one direction yet? Because I have to be honest, I arrived at something similar to what you have, only with a B&M chainlift - but gave up after attempting a drop which dived to the left! [lol]

Which version are you using to model this, by the way? I'm stuck on 2008 at work because we're a tiny little business where keeping up to date with software is a low priority in terms of funding [lol]

Post August 8th, 2012, 4:57 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

thanks
Originally posted by HZKoasters

That's really cool! Are you using the loft tool to extend the track?
i made one piece of track, then saved it as 2 files and made a assembly with the two. then i used the bend tool on the 2 pieces of track.

Originally posted by gouldy

Wow, very very nice.

Have you tried modelling some track which moves and rotates in more than one direction yet? Because I have to be honest, I arrived at something similar to what you have, only with a B&M chainlift - but gave up after attempting a drop which dived to the left! [lol]

Which version are you using to model this, by the way? I'm stuck on 2008 at work because we're a tiny little business where keeping up to date with software is a low priority in terms of funding [lol]
i've tried to. i can't do any banking, but i was thinking of doing something like the hills leading into/out of the brake run's on HRRR. i'm on 2011 since that's what my school uses. i've tried 2012, but for some reason it isn't backwards compatible with 2011 (had to learn the the hard way.) i really wish my school would upgrade, since it's not too different and it makes modeling/simple tasks a lot easier. i've also tried 2013 and just didnt like it as much as 2012.

here's what i have for turning

Post August 8th, 2012, 6:10 pm

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
That looks shmexy.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Post August 8th, 2012, 9:24 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
That looks incredible. Do you think I will be taught to use this program in engineering school (undergraduate)? I'll be starting this coming semester. I'd really like to be able to makes something that beautiful and accurate.

Post August 8th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post August 8th, 2012, 11:57 pm

i made one piece of track, then saved it as 2 files and made a assembly with the two. then i used the bend tool on the 2 pieces of track.

Cool. So you made a straight piece of track, and then you bent it accordingly after? That's a really cool way to go about it. Did you bend the cross ties with the entire assembly, or did you copy and paste those?

Post August 9th, 2012, 12:09 am
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Originally posted by tiepilot35

That looks incredible. Do you think I will be taught to use this program in engineering school (undergraduate)? I'll be starting this coming semester. I'd really like to be able to makes something that beautiful and accurate.
yeah, you might use something like AutoCAD Mechanical, or a combination of them both. or you may use AutoCAD, but you will definitely learn some sort of CAD software

Originally posted by HZKoasters

Cool. So you made a straight piece of track, and then you bent it accordingly after? That's a really cool way to go about it. Did you bend the cross ties with the entire assembly, or did you copy and paste those?
the cross-ties and connectors bend automatically when i bend the track. i bent the bottom of the middle connector to 7 meter radius to make the track go up, and then i bent the side of the middle connector to 5 meter radius to make it turn (60ish degree's i think). also know that the track in the last picture was just one part

Post August 9th, 2012, 1:05 am

That's awesome, RWN! Thanks for the run down; I'll definitely be trying this.

Return to 3D Modeling Discussion