Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Avalanche

Avalanche

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post December 28th, 2005, 8:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,319.00 Points
http://nldc.interfix.net/p1387

Avalanche is my lastest design, a large Schwarzopf non-looping portable. This style of Schwarzkopf, of which several were built, is in the middle of the range in terms of size and excitement. Much bigger and more thrilling than a Jet Star or Jumbo Jet, but not quite as intimidating as the multilooping rides like Thriller and Olympia Looping Bahn.

Stats:

Trains: 6 trains, 5 2 row cars per train.
Capacity: Optimally, 3130pph running 6 trains. Real world: 2100pph, running 5 trains
Length: 3209ft
Height: 119ft
Depth: 98ft
Width: 300ft
Top Speed: 52mph
Hits Final Brakes at: 41mph
Steepest Drop: 47 degrees
Longest Drop: 90ft at 40 degrees
Maximum Banking: 91 degrees
Vertical Forces: +4.2 to -1.4
Lateral Forces: Max 1.7 (One spot, front car only), otherwise 1.2

Post December 28th, 2005, 8:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,179.00 Points

Looks really good. I like the layout so far, some of the elements look really nice and fun to ride. The only problem I can think of is smoothness, but I'm sure you have that under control. [;)]

Post December 28th, 2005, 9:04 pm

Well, yes and no. It's consistent with the real schwarzkopf portables I've ridden. It's not bad, it's just...abrupt in a lot of places, but that goes with the territory. Don't expect a B&M or Intamin ride, or even one as smooth as the park model Schwarakopfs. It's not bad or anything, but there are some spots that some might call pumping, but that's just the way he would shape track. When you're doing a ride this compact that compactness tends to take precendence over most other things, including smoothness, especially when you're trying to make your brakeruns stack and everything.

As a bit of a reference point, this ride is 1000ft longer than a vekoma slc, but it crammed into an area that's about 25ft narrower, and 100ft less deep.

Post December 28th, 2005, 9:17 pm

Originally posted by Thorazine

Don't expect a B&M or Intamin ride, or even one as smooth as the park model Schwarakopfs.

I wasn't. I know what you're saying. Iv'e tried to do a compact ride and it took forever to smooth. I already give you credit for the challenging design![:D]

Post December 28th, 2005, 10:22 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post December 28th, 2005, 10:37 pm

Well aren't you just Mr. Positive, SFMM Homie? You have any idea how hard it is to cram this much coaster into this small an area? A standard NFL football field has an area of (53.3 yards) * 100 yards = 4,456.55883 m^2. This ride is in a 2,550 m^2 area. Also, I'd hardly call it bland. You're pulling 3.5-4g through all those turns.

On a better note, supports are going in nicely. Here's a shot of the ones done so far:

Post December 28th, 2005, 10:54 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Classic Schwarzopf layout -- and the tightness ... I imagine head-choppers will be the order of the day, especially approaching the brake runs? ;-) Nice layout for certain man.

(PS - Sorry I missed the IM earlier, it has been a day I want to forget about ...)

Post December 28th, 2005, 11:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
That looks great Thor. It's nice to see that you like to make coasters in some of the less used styles.

Post December 28th, 2005, 11:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
always curoious . . .how do you make your coasters so fast it would take me weeks to make some of the coasters you make? and you ride looks pretty coool

Post December 29th, 2005, 12:15 am

Support work continues.

It takes 10 or 15 minutes to do each bent, but some of them are supporting as many as 5 seperate tracks!

Post December 29th, 2005, 1:52 am

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

always curoious . . .how do you make your coasters so fast it would take me weeks to make some of the coasters you make? and you ride looks pretty coool

It would take you eons to make the lift hill of his work.

Its neat to see you doing this style of ride. I'm sure the compactness is the biggest bubble here.

Post December 29th, 2005, 2:49 am

Originally posted by Thorazine

Well aren't you just Mr. Positive, SFMM Homie?

lol, and you are?!?!

Post December 29th, 2005, 3:01 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by SFMM homie

looks like a pretty bland second half.

You are bland.

Have you ridden it? Didnt think so. Leave your speculation at the door and also, take into consideration the coaster style. Tends to help you understand the ride better.

Post December 29th, 2005, 3:12 am

Twas a simple comment, I was saying what it looked like. I wasnt saying "Oh thats a shitty ride, its ugly, and the colors make me barf, and it looks rough around that turn". I leave that for CK to do.

Post December 29th, 2005, 9:16 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Hmmm i dont like your first drop, but thats the only thing i dislike. But then again im thinking of the type of drops on Magnum Force/dreier (sp?) looping (im so sad to see it go [:(] AWESOME ride IMO with laterals. Dont be afraid to put some huge lats in this ride, it would have them) Thriller, Olympia looping etc.

The track looks really good anyway. Next time are you up for attempting that outside loop Schwarzkopf was trying to master? [:)] Now that would be nice to see. [:D]

BTW if you can, you should add just a couple of 3ds to the track like flags on the lift and a faiground style sign etc. That would look cool.

Post December 29th, 2005, 9:53 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by jimths08

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

It would take you eons to make the lift hill of his work.

[lol] He uses a form of elementary, it is faster than handbuilding.

EDIT: I almost forgot about possibly the best headchopper ever that happens to be on this ride...

Post December 29th, 2005, 11:45 am

Just wait till all the supports are done and then see how many head choppers there's going to be! Even with the rough spots, this ride is pretty damn awesome.

Post December 29th, 2005, 12:25 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Even with the designed rough spots, this ride is still silky smooth.

Post December 29th, 2005, 4:44 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

[lol] He uses a form of elementary, it is faster than handbuilding.

EDIT: I almost forgot about possibly the best headchopper ever that happens to be on this ride...

It is not a "form" ... it IS Elementary. [lol]

Return to Hard Hat Area