Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions AVATRON Smart Park to open 2018/2019

AVATRON Smart Park to open 2018/2019

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post November 3rd, 2015, 10:05 am
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Avatron USA Development LLC has plans to build a massive, high-tech theme park in Emerson, according to a development of regional impact statement filed with the state. Avatron describes the park as follows: ???Totally immersive, technology driven theme park drawing on the expertise of Hollywood???s leading Visual Effects Professionals. Project will also include up to 2 hotels initially along with retail operations both within the park and outside of theme park but on project land. Project may also include a music performance venue.???

The company is purchasing 713 acres from Paga Mine Properties in Emerson, Georgia ??? located a short distance form LakePoint Sports also in Emerson, and Cartersville which is the largest city in Bartow County. If approved, the company targets a completion date of July 2018.

Their news release included:

???Unlock your imagination as you enter the doors of Avatron Park, your destination to a new world where entertainment meets fantasy and perception becomes reality. Patrons, young and old, create their own 3D avatar and embark on a voyage through the corridors of a virtual realm. Each step forward, guest are more and more entranced by an immersive and interactive experience created with 3D videos, motion capture, 4D sensory technologies, holograms, and augmented reality. Interacting with RFID wristbands and Kinect sensors, the digital theme park transforms reality into an intriguing quest of characters, folklore, legends, and customs.

???Advanced technology features enable designers to create a unique and limitless experience which extends beyond the walls of Avatron Park through simulated treasure hunts, digital games, and virtual worlds and engages guests to continue to relive the experience within the Park as well as in their own homes. Cutting-edge technology keeps audiences engrossed, intrigued, and encourages them to return. Avatron Park also creates an opportunity for engaging the visitor pre and post arrival.

???Nightlife at Avatron Park is transformed into an epic journey of music, dancing, and fun. Through the use of sound, light, motion, video, and projection technologies, Avatron offers partygoers a night to remember. After hours, Avatron Park transforms into a nightclub and 10,000 seat amphitheater for memorable music events and DJ concerts.???

The so-called ???smart park??? would be more like a Universal Studios attraction than a Six Flags.

???Patrons, young and old, create their own 3D avatar and embark on a voyage through the corridors of a virtual realm,??? the company says on its website.

Emerson City Manager Kevin McBurnett has filed a Development of Regional Impact notice with the Northwest Georgia Regional Commission on behalf of the project. DRI notices allow surrounding areas to assess and weigh in on the potential impacts of large-scale developments. The parcel is located off the Paga Mine Road, and while the developers are seeking the full 712-acre track, the park is expected to require 200 acres with the remaining 500-plus reserved for future use.

The project would include a couple of hotel properties along with retail development, both inside and outside of the park.
Avatron???s special effects team has experience with movies ranging from ???Avatar??? to ???The Matrix.???
The prospectus for the project states the initial investment for the park would be around $480 million and it would generate $6.5 billion in revenue over 10 years. The park and hotels would create around 2,000 full-time-equivalent jobs.
Developers are projecting 1.8 million visitors per year. Sales taxes to Bartow County alone are projected to be in excess of $120 million over 10 years.

Source: http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com/rom ... 43f83.html

Source: https://twitter.com/GAFollowers

Source" http://lakepoint.com/avatron-smart-park ... tjtaH.dpuf
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post November 3rd, 2015, 10:15 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Reminds me of another version of Cosmic Craggs in RCT3! 8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post November 3rd, 2015, 10:53 am
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
Reminds me of what was supposed to happen in Fort Worth, TX and in Grand, TX

Post November 3rd, 2015, 11:19 am
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
Reminds me of the "High tech" themepark Yumble in the Netherlands which went bankrupt a few months after its first opening... XD But this looks bigger so maybe it will work!

Post November 3rd, 2015, 11:49 am
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Will believe it when I see it actually open and it stays open for a good period of time.

Post November 3rd, 2015, 11:57 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
About as believable as the Dreamvision projects, which is not believable at all.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post November 3rd, 2015, 12:09 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to General Theme Park Discussions