Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Awesome Landlord Experiences

Awesome Landlord Experiences

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 17th, 2009, 4:34 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I had a bit of an issue with the house I'm sharing with my friends recently and I thought I'd share my landlord issues to compare and contrast the delights of renting with other people.

Issue #1 - Front door has a 2 inch gap between it and the bottom, big energy loss.
The fix - A new door with only a 1 inch gap that requires you close with all of your bodyweight

Issue #2 - Someone found the landlord's copy of our front door deadbolt key on the driveway of a house 3 blocks away. None of us had lost our keys, and the landlord had written our address on the keys.
The fix - "Ooops sorry we won't lose our keys again"

Issue #3 - Washing machine breaks.
The fix - We're given a "new" washing machine from 1989 that promptly begins to leak water. Work order is submitted twice a week for 3 months straight. A 3 by 5ft area of black mold has colonized under the washing machine. Issue remains unfixed.

Issue #4 - Heater breaks and we're without heat for 2 nights (low for those two days was 37 degrees).
The fix - Since this happened on Sunday and our landlord will not work on sunday since jesus is SOOOOOOOOOO important, we had to wait till this morning to get it fixed. We were however provided with space heaters from the 1980's at the latest. Space heater #1 did not heat up. Further close inspection revealed that only 1 of 12 coils were connected. Space heater #2 was then turned on, which promptly when "CA-CHUNG!" and then proceeded to belch black smoke everywhere, which coincidentally did not activate any smoke detectors in the house at all despite us changing the batteries a month ago.
The lack of a furnace issue was compounded when we spent 20 minutes trying to find where exactly the furnace was, only to discover it was located in the attic of our house. Why the hell is the furnace in the attic?

Anyone have any fabulous landlord stories?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 18th, 2009, 6:16 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Since this happened on Sunday and our landlord will not work on sunday since jesus is SOOOOOOOOOO important, we had to wait till this morning to get it fixed.

[lol] beautiful.

Post November 18th, 2009, 1:06 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The interesting part is "this morning" was a Tuesday morning.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to Off Topic Discussion