Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Bailout Money

Bailout Money

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post December 7th, 2009, 7:32 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I thought this was interesting and some good news for once:

"The Treasury Department expects to recover all but $42 billion of the $370 billion it has lent to ailing companies since the financial crisis began last year, with the portion lent to banks actually showing a slight profit, according to a new Treasury report."

Source:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/07/busin ... ml?_r=2&hp
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 7th, 2009, 8:35 pm

Points on hand: 850.00 Points

Post December 8th, 2009, 3:02 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Yeah thankfully that company hasn't had any severe defect cover up scandals that ended in the sum total of over 1,000,000 vehicles being recalled in its history. Those "recalls" were things like brakes randomly failing on school buses and wheels "becoming detached from the motor vehicle while it is in motion". Have a safe drive emo.

Also they don't do anything in the United States at all like Honda and Toyota do. Some Toyotas have more American parts in them than Fords. A Toyota Sienna has around 75% American parts, and a Mustang has around 50%.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 8th, 2009, 3:39 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post December 8th, 2009, 3:56 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,524.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Also they don't do anything in the United States at all like Honda and Toyota do. Some Toyotas have more American parts in them than Fords. A Toyota Sienna has around 75% American parts, and a Mustang has around 50%.

It's almost a separate company though isn't it really, that operates in the US. A toyota Sienna, is basically an American car, same with cars like the Camry. These cars just aren't sold anywhere else, they've been designed and produced by Toyota's American engineers, working in America, for the American market. Essentially, the Toyota you know, IS an American company. The same as here in Europe, Ford has a separate leg, with designers and engineers who design cars here specifically for the European market. Here, they are essentially a European company selling European cars. So, you can't really look at a Toyota in America and say it's a Japanese car, unless of course it actually is an import, like a Supra or something.

AND, as a personal note, I am personally very glad that Mitsubishi don't "do anything" in America, as I actually like Mitsubishi as a manufacturer of vehicles. [lol]

Post December 8th, 2009, 9:03 am

Points on hand: 1,440.00 Points
=D this makes me happay, I have a toyota camry! ( 1996, and its still running, damn camry Rep lives up to the long lifespan name ( only had to replace a muffler, radiator and O2 sensor )
Cedar Point FTW

Return to Off Topic Discussion