Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Banking after a launch

Banking after a launch

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post January 23rd, 2012, 6:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points
i need advice on how to do one of those right turn banking thing right after a launch when hand building like the one on the ride Desert Storm or Rita.

Post January 23rd, 2012, 6:35 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Use newton 2. or just try your best and let AHG do the rest.....

Dont actually recall trying one though...
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post January 23rd, 2012, 6:39 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
I probs can't help but I will say it would be better if you said what part you are having problems with?

The more specific you are the better the advice that can be given.

Post January 23rd, 2012, 11:53 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
why "one of those right turns", whats wrong with the left?
What are these for?

Post January 24th, 2012, 12:05 am

Originally posted by CKidd

why "one of those right turns", whats wrong with the left?

it could be either i dont know why i said right

Post January 24th, 2012, 12:25 am

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
Well, uh... You put a node. And then you bank it.

I'm honestly confused as to what you want to know.

Post January 24th, 2012, 12:52 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
As am I. maybe some pictures of what you want to accomplish? Or at least a real description other than, "right turn banking thing"...

Post January 24th, 2012, 1:24 am

this is what i am talking about this is the only picture i can find.i have trouble with all of it

Post January 24th, 2012, 2:13 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Haha it's worth noting that if you Google Image 'Rita Alton,' there are almost just as many pictures of Oblivion as there are of Rita.

Anyway, Topthrill [you should change your title... Practicing > Struggling [approve]] I know what you must be having trouble with- if you're handbuilding the transition.

It can be hard to create a smoothly banking transition straight out of a launch if you use one or two nodes to control the transition. You are pretty much condemned to using AHG or Newton if you want a perfectly smooth banking like on those roller coasters (which actually seem to be a little abrupt in the beginning, not completely glass smooth, but it's probably just because they're so quick.) You have to practice using many vertices to reach the point that you want. Change banking evenly among them and contort them until they're smooth.

It's probably never going to be exactly as smooth as you want it to be if you use only your hands. Sowwy.

Post January 24th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
All of what gerst said is true, I think. But there are some things you can do to make it as smooth as possible if you've decided on handbuilding. First, know a bit about how Newton shapes its track. Hint: it's almost never linear. This means studying the transition functions and trying to mimic, or at least have a similar feel to, their shape. And by "shape" I don't just mean the path the track takes; I'm also talking about the rate of banking change, which, as I said before, isn't linear. Handbuilding always has and always will require a bunch of tedious tweaks to get the results you want, there's just no way around that.

Gerst's suggestion regarding more nodes has helped me make smoother tracks, but just be sure not to overdo it, because it can quickly go from bad to worse.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your ride! I'm always a fan of Intamin rockets, even if they are a bit overused.

Post January 24th, 2012, 7:31 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Make the basic shape with a couple vertices and then divide it down evenly with the divide too.

You essentially can't get the banking to work without a tool but you can get it "close enough".

Like for example alot of the newer newton retards/emos can't tell when I am and am not using the AHG to divide up my tracks whereas the older members that needed to think considerably more can easily tell. It's all relative.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post January 24th, 2012, 9:33 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
if youre handbuilding and want to continue handbuilding throughout the track i would use hsak and then ahg it at the end.

Post January 24th, 2012, 10:06 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

^problem is... HSAK is very confusing to use. I say, use newton or AHG. Whatever works for you.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Return to No Limits Coaster