Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Beech Bend Park - Press Conference - New GCI Wood

Beech Bend Park - Press Conference - New GCI Wood

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Update October 18, 2005 - BEECH BEND PARK ANNOUNCES PRESS CONFERENCE TO NAME NEW WORLD RECORD-BREAKING WOODEN COASTER

Beech Bend Park and Splash Lagoon in Bowling Green, Kentucky has called a press conference for Friday, October 28, 2005 at 12:30 p.m. at the park.

Engineers and construction crews are racing against the clock to get 98% of the coaster?????????s massive wooden structure in the air in time for the special announcement of the new ride?????????s name. The park has received thousands of entries from all around the world in their competition to find a name for this new mega-ride, which will not only be the most twisted wooden coaster in a 7 state region, but will also feature a record breaking three incredible station fly-bys.

At the press conference Dallas Jones, the park?????????s owner, will announce the winner of the contest and reveal the eagerly awaited name. The person who submitted the winning name will be awarded season tickets to the park and will have the opportunity to be on the first train out of the station when the coaster opens on May 6, 2006.

Beech Bend?????????s stunning new coaster is also set to star in a one hour Discovery Channel documentary profiling the renaissance in the construction of traditional wooden coasters. An English television crew will be traveling all the way from London to film the announcement of the coaster name and to talk to attendees and enthusiasts as part of their program.

Both press and visitors will have the opportunity to put their questions to the ride?????????s designer, Jeff Pike of Great Coasters International, Inc. (designer of Thunderhead at Dollywood, recently voted the best wooden coaster in the world) and to Dallas Jones and staff. Attendees will also be invited to take an exclusive, guided tour of the construction site immediately after the press conference. The park will offer attendees ERT (exclusive ride time) on the Wild Mouse coaster after the construction tour giving people the rare chance to experience out-of-season thrill rides to whet their appetites for the May 6th opening of the new coaster.

Site Link: http://www.beechbend.com/Amusement%20Park.htm
Last edited by TConwell on October 19th, 2005, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 19th, 2005, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Well, that sure sounds good. Hopefully the name wont be really dumb.

Post October 19th, 2005, 5:20 pm

I posted this in the NEWS thread ... but somehow, this is NOT considered news? [dunno]

Post October 19th, 2005, 5:54 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
That's a real nice picture of the new Power Park woodie. [:D][:D]

Beach Bend's isn't so much of an out and back twister.

Image Insert:
129.5 KB

P.S. What records is this ride breaking? Seems Beach Bend is stretching a bit.[:)]

Post October 19th, 2005, 6:12 pm

Post October 19th, 2005, 6:14 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I hope they pick my name![:D] But some how I know they'll go with some crappy name like Twisty - The Ride![:(]

Post October 29th, 2005, 3:34 am

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

I get you on that one!

Anyway does anyone know the results yet?

Post October 29th, 2005, 7:23 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Its not thats it's not news Tconwell, more of the fact that having several paragraphs of writing displayed on the front page might not be all too good on the eyes [lol]

Post October 29th, 2005, 8:05 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Yeah, 3 station fly bys isn't really a record by any stretch of the word. How many people riding the ride are gonna go, "Ok here we go. Station flyby one, YEAH, here it comes, oh yeah 2nd one. Gotta love those flybys. OH wait 3rd, YEAH, I love station flybys.

Post October 29th, 2005, 8:19 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Parks do anything now to say they have a world record breaker! Like thorpe have the "first backwards roller coaster in the dark with special effects" i mean whats that all about? Its actually the only one, cos noone else is stupid enough to have it!

Post October 29th, 2005, 8:26 am

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

Post October 29th, 2005, 8:31 am

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

I saw on themeparkreview that they named it Kentucky Rumbler.

Post October 29th, 2005, 9:58 am

Points on hand: 5,836.00 Points

Return to General Theme Park Discussions