Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Best Band Of All Time?

Best Band Of All Time?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Best Band Of All Time?

Rage Against The Machine
4%
Metallica
22%
Guns N Roses
4%
Nirvana
4%
Pearl Jam
No votes
Soundgarden
No votes
Iron Maiden
4%
Maiden
No votes
Smashing Pumpkins
4%
AC/DC
4%
Other
43%
Led Zepplin
9%

Total votes : 23

Post June 18th, 2003, 2:52 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Hmm so who do you think is the best BAND of all time. Not the crap music of today, all electric techno crap. Oh god dont get me started on how much rap sucks. ah jeez, most tasteless perfetic music ever.

If the band you choose isnt on the list, please state otherwise
Last edited by Terrylfan5 on June 20th, 2003, 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 18th, 2003, 3:24 am

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Mine would have to be In Flames, they are THE best ever!

Very good choices for that. You should have Led Zepplin in there as a choice IMO.

Post June 18th, 2003, 3:49 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post June 18th, 2003, 4:17 am

Post June 18th, 2003, 4:32 am

Points on hand: 3,554.00 Points
On that list: Zepplin

But otherwise my favourite is Pink Floyd

Post June 18th, 2003, 8:44 am

Points on hand: 3,980.00 Points

Rap doesn't suck, rock does, IMO. I can't listin to people scream their heads off. Now, i'm not saying all of its bad, I like some, but I rather dislike it, but thats just IMO.

Post June 18th, 2003, 9:53 am

In rapping, people just talk and it takes no skill at all, and the rock people dont always scream their heards off, it actually requires some skill to ya know, sing instead of talking, and to actually play an instrument!!! Rappers are people who have no skill at all and I hate them.

Post June 18th, 2003, 10:00 am

I know exactly where this is going to go, it hapens all the time at my school, lets just say that everyone has their own opinions and leave it at that.

Post June 18th, 2003, 10:57 am

Points on hand: 3,980.00 Points

Same with me, my school is like that, but you shouldn't hate them intaminfan, just because you don't like what they "sing"

Post June 18th, 2003, 7:18 pm

shortkid, since when have you became a mod for this forum?

And NitroMan, I hate their music, and the way they "sing"

Post June 18th, 2003, 11:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,320.00 Points
The band that is IMO the best of all time isn't up there...

Emperor. Especially the stuff off of In the Nightside Eclipse and Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk. The most influential black metal band ever. If you like Cradle of Filth, Marduk, Dimmu Borgir, or any other band that calls themselves black metal now, go get back to your roots. Buy their greatest hits album "Scattered Ashes" A Decade of Emperial Wrath" and hear what those guys wish they were.

Post June 19th, 2003, 12:31 am

Points on hand: 4,135.00 Points

though choice indeed, however i must say AC/DC. maybe they aren't the best but they are my favorite. the best band is led zepplin. although i love metalica's older stuff but i do not like their newer stuff or i would have voted for them. the only band you should have included that you didn't is the sex pistols. sex pistols = the beginning of punkrock.

Post June 19th, 2003, 2:32 am

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

shortkid, since when have you became a mod for this forum?

And NitroMan, I hate their music, and the way they "sing"

I'm not a mod of this topic, but if everyone starts getting mad about music, then this furom could easily become closed. i love music and want it to be able to stay up as long as possible, so for that to happen, people cant be yellng and getting mad at others, which is what will happen very soon if it isnt stopped, o.k.?

Post June 19th, 2003, 3:09 am

ok then, just don't act like a mod which you were, because I can say what I want, unless a REAL mod or admin gets mad at me. And I stopped "arguing" about rap or whatever.

Post June 19th, 2003, 3:14 am

o.k., sorry about that, there was this huge verbal fight at my school about rap and rock and i didnt want another one, as dont want to remember that school. Once again, sorry.

Post June 19th, 2003, 4:39 am

ok, i'm sorry too. I won't argue about it anymore.

Post June 19th, 2003, 5:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

The greatest band imo by far is Level 42. They were awesome and extremely underrated in this country. They made 11 albums, plus countless compilation albums, all of which I own. They were not hard sounding like heavy metal, nor did they rap. They had their own unique style that was tres cool and I still listen to them to this day. You guys should check them out some time if you get a chance. This site is a good start - http://www.forevernow.com/ . Also, check this one out to hear some of their songs - http://www.neurotoxin.net/~djames/level42/mp3.html . You just might like it.;)

Post June 19th, 2003, 11:01 pm

Intamin fan i do believe shortkid was right. Sometimes these topics do need to be sorted out by other members.

ack cant think straigth atm

Post June 20th, 2003, 6:50 am
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

Metallica is spelled with 2 L's (I fixed it [:D])

Ya, I like Metallica a lot. They aren't the best band ever, but screw what everyone else thinks, I think they are great.

Post June 20th, 2003, 6:56 am

they are awesome, their new song though, isnt my favorite, i dont like the way the drums sounds and the new singing style. I dont have a favorite song but the best are: Master of Pupets (the entire 8 1/2 min song), One, Fade to Black, Unforgiven and Unforgiven II, Fuel, and For Whom the Bells toll. This may seem like alot but they have alot of songs.

Post June 20th, 2003, 7:59 pm

Whiskey In The Jar, people, it has to be one of the greatest songs lol. I really do love that song. IMO metallica is one of the best bands ever. But i must admit i do prefer some of the older stuff

Post June 20th, 2003, 11:44 pm

Points on hand: 4,273.00 Points

I'm glad all of you have your own opinions, because if we didn't have our own opinions then we'd all would like the same thing. I would like to say that I like Rap & R&B being a African American, I was subjected to that type of music when growing up, and it takes Plenty Skill For ALL music. I also listen to Pop and Rock. I happen to like the Good Charlotte Band, Busta Rhymes, Pink, Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Lopez. Each one of those Music Artists fall in the categorys of music that I listen to. I'm very versitile. Rock music may have alot of Screaming and you can barley hear all of the instruments but that doesn't mean it's bad music. Some rap songs may seem pointless or have no meaning, but every song tells a story, you just got to listen to the words of the song. I don't appreciate it when any and everyone discriminates a certain music category, but I'm glad the music industry doesn't care because rather if you like their music or not, there not doing it for just YOU!

Post June 21st, 2003, 12:46 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

I think Sublime should be added. Thats my fav. I wish they'd come back even wo/that guy who died. Second to that, RATM, and then, Nirvana.

Post June 21st, 2003, 1:22 am
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

I agree with shortkid, Lars should have used a muffling ring on his snare drum to get rid of that damn ringing everytime he hits the snare.

Other than that the drums sound alright. All his toms and bass sound the same as Load and Re-load.

I still like St Anger though, it's a good album. Some things about it I don't like though.

Sorry for the drum analysis, I'm a drummer so I notice this stuff.

Post June 21st, 2003, 11:17 am

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

Originally posted by CoasterPeeps3

I'm glad all of you have your own opinions, because if we didn't have our own opinions then we'd all would like the same thing. I would like to say that I like Rap & R&B being a African American, I was subjected to that type of music when growing up, and it takes Plenty Skill For ALL music. I also listen to Pop and Rock. I happen to like the Good Charlotte Band, Busta Rhymes, Pink, Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Lopez. Each one of those Music Artists fall in the categorys of music that I listen to. I'm very versitile. Rock music may have alot of Screaming and you can barley hear all of the instruments but that doesn't mean it's bad music. Some rap songs may seem pointless or have no meaning, but every song tells a story, you just got to listen to the words of the song. I don't appreciate it when any and everyone discriminates a certain music category, but I'm glad the music industry doesn't care because rather if you like their music or not, there not doing it for just YOU!

I agree with what you're saying CoasterPeeps3. I am African American too, and I listen to and love all types of music from classical to heavy metal. I say listen to what you enjoy, who cares what style it is or if it is normally accepted by a certain ethnic group. That's not what it's all about.[:)]

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion