Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Best Intamin Coaster

Best Intamin Coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Best Intamin Coaster

California Screamin
2%
Colossus
2%
Expedition GeForce
30%
Goliath WW
4%
Kanonen
No votes
Kingda Ka
6%
TTD
4%
Millenium Force
19%
Rita : Queen of Speed
No votes
Storm Runner
13%
Xcelerator
6%
SROS sfne
4%
SROS sfa or sfdl
No votes
Volcano the Blast Coaster
4%
Thunder Dolphin
4%

Total votes : 47

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:12 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Theres so many great intamins out there and weeweeslap has so many memebers froma cross the globe, I was wondering what you all think is the best Intamin coaster?

if any choices arent there that you think is the best, be free to post. I just tried to find the top 15 IMO, and theyre not in any order
Last edited by Jakizle on November 23rd, 2005, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
i say storm runner that was i call a ride! but volcano was fun just storm runner is the best

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:17 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:22 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

I havn't been on that many, but the best Intamin I have been on would be Superman at Six flags Darien Lake

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:23 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
havn't been on any from your list

but i think my favorite (pretty much the only intamin i've been on) is superman the escape at SFMM

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,101.00 Points

I voted for Volcano: The Blast Coaster mainly because it's my favorite coaster after the Phantom's Revenge. I'm all alone!! VOLCANO for best Intamin!

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I haven't been on many, but I really had a blast on Xcelerator. That gets my vote.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 4:47 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i've only been on Goliath WWO (check my onride!), but an intamin 1.5 the size...hell i go with MF

Post November 23rd, 2005, 5:05 pm

well personaly ive been on Xcelerator and both versions of SROS, but SROS gets my vote barely edging out Xcelerator. The length is just so much, theres 3 great airtime hills, the speed on the turnaround is great, and hell i havnt even talked about the spaghetti bowl yet. Notibal intamins ive been on are Batman at Astroworld and superman the escape. I love intamins!

Post November 23rd, 2005, 5:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

The only one I've been on is MF, and that gets my vote.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 5:21 pm

shold i change the title to favorite intamin coaster? cause thats how i think people are looking at it

Post November 23rd, 2005, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

I havn't been on that many, but the best Intamin I have been on would be Superman at Six flags Darien Lake

You really need to get on a few more Intamins, because SROS @ SFDL is the only Intamin I've ridden that I would actually consider bad. It really does suck.

My vote goes to Storm Runner.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 5:42 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Post November 23rd, 2005, 5:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

Definitely Millennium Force for me, probably because of the fact that I have never ridden EGF though.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 6:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
why does everyone like EGF so much i mean it has a cool drop and stuff but other then that ?

Post November 23rd, 2005, 6:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

why does everyone like EGF so much i mean it has a cool drop and stuff but other then that ?

Airtime.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 6:06 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Watch the TPR movie of it and Holiday Park. Just watch the girl's hair as she rides.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 6:07 pm

if you want airtime ride sros at sfne, its a true airtime machine. Im suprised my 100th coaster has only gotten one vote, it rocks!

Post November 23rd, 2005, 6:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,336.00 Points
Expedition GeForce!!!! A fantastic drop followed by a perfect airtime hill with a signature over bank that has a nnice transition into another airtime hill (-1.2 g's on the second hill!!!!) followed by several more twists, overbanks, camelbacks, and plenty of airtime all threw a beautiful small forest with trees that provide awesome head choppers and a beautiful little lake that the coaster glides over.

EGF isnt even a hyper coaster, but it has my vote!!! SROS:SFNE is in 2nd and MF is in 3rd.

Post November 23rd, 2005, 11:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

I've only ridden MF, so I voted for that..... I was surprised by it, everyone says it has no airtime, but it had massive airtime, and on the last turn-around, it kinda threw me out of my seat... it scared the crap out of me.

Post November 24th, 2005, 12:10 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

between EGF and S:ROS NE. I'll pick one randomly and that will be my pick. Im sure they're basically equivalent. Although S:ROS looks like it has a little better pacing, but its the air time that really wins you over.

Post November 24th, 2005, 12:25 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

I'm lucky enough to have ridden nine of the coasters on the list.
My vote quite easily goes to EGF. It's not only my top Intamin, it's my top coaster. It's the first and only steelie to EVER be my #1 coaster over all the woodies. It's that good.

The drop is just sick. Complete yank air followed by float-and-twist all the way down. The next hill is perfect and full of air. Hell, the whole ride is full of air! Not just that awesome floater air like you get all over SROS at SFNE, but a ton of every imaginable kind of air. Yanker air, floater air, violent bunnyhop jackhammer air, air that takes plenty of support clearance and suddenly makes it a headchopper, and air that makes you reach for the lapbar (even if you feel like a wuss after you do it). The real trip comes about 2/3 of the way through, when on a bunnyhop, the track twists and makes the train change positions under you while your butt is still in the air. Sick. Really, really sick. SROS at SFA has a wanna-be version of this hill. SROS at SFDL has an even worse attempt at it.

SROS at SFNE is good. But EGF is so good that I have a framed aerial photo of it hanging in my house. 'nuff said.

Post November 24th, 2005, 12:42 am

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

From videos I've seen Expedition GeForce looks like the best to me but out of the ones I've actually ridden I'd say Storm Runner.

Post November 24th, 2005, 1:07 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Definately very close between EGF and SROS SFNE. On the list, I've been on SROS SFNE, SROS SFA, MF, TTD, KK, and VTBC. SROS SFNE definately kills all those. I haven't been on EGF, but I think SROS might barely beat it for best Intamin. EGF has that awesome first drop, great camelbacks, and that cool twisting camelback, but SROS has height, more length, better pacing (EGF doesn't blaze through it's 3 largest turns like SROS goes through it's overbank), and the tunnels. I don't know how anyone can say SROS has floater air... G's in the front row, before the ride opened, in the cold reached -1.1 on the third camelback and hill after the first helix, and almost all of the other hills had atleast -.7 g's. Especially riding that front row, there's no way you can't feel the ejector airtime. that third camelback is just NUTS! haha

Both those rides look amazing though. I think they're the two best rollercoasters in the world by far, followed by other great rides like Kingda Ka, Goliath WW, Millennium Force, and maybe Storm Runner.

Post November 24th, 2005, 2:35 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

"I haven't been on EGF, but I think SROS might barely beat it for best Intamin."
Last year in Mitch Hawker's poll, of the people who had ridden both, EGF beat SROS:SFNE 6 to 3.

"EGF doesn't blaze through it's 3 largest turns like SROS goes through it's overbank"
That's actually a point in its favor. SROS just screams thru that turn, pinning you to your seat nicely... EGF goes slower around them, not quite pinning you down, letting your butt slide ever so slightly to the side... which is really odd, esp when you look to the side you're sliding to and realize that you're practically upside down! Completely different feeling from one to the other.

About the only real trump that SROS has over EGF is the tunnels... but the drop, the headchoppers, and the wicked twisty hill easily makes up for that, and more.

Of course, in the end, it's just a matter of preference. Both are outstanding rides for their own reasons.

No matter HOW scrumptious that vanilla ice cream is, some people will still prefer the chocolate!

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions