Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Best Intamin Coaster

Best Intamin Coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Best Intamin Coaster

California Screamin
2%
Colossus
2%
Expedition GeForce
30%
Goliath WW
4%
Kanonen
No votes
Kingda Ka
6%
TTD
4%
Millenium Force
19%
Rita : Queen of Speed
No votes
Storm Runner
13%
Xcelerator
6%
SROS sfne
4%
SROS sfa or sfdl
No votes
Volcano the Blast Coaster
4%
Thunder Dolphin
4%

Total votes : 47

Post November 24th, 2005, 4:05 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Ive only ridden 2 on that list, rita and colossus. Now neither will challenge for best, but i have to say that i thought rita was amazing, and colossus also surprised me. But they arent good enough all around. Rita is good because of its airtime, and 2 of the really high speed turns, colossus is amazing for its 4 inlines in a row where you drop out of your seat on each one. I nearly lost my camera to colossus when it was doing that.

Anyway, that was out of the ones i have been on. Out of all of them, im going to have to say EGF aswell. It just looks perfect. It really does look awesomely good. Then that would be followed by Millennium Force and SROS at SFNE, and then Kingda Ka because of its sheer height and speed. Im also thinking the new superman coaster at Movie world australia will be amazing if its paced right.

Post November 24th, 2005, 11:25 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

Of the ones on that list, I'd have to say that my LEAST fave is Rita. Rode it about two months ago, and thought it sucked. I couldn't believe that Alton Towers would settle for such a lame ride. I also couldn't believe there were OTSRs on it!!! Come ON, with rides like the Supermen, EGF, Goliath, etc etc etc that are MUCH faster, MUCH longer, MUCH higher, and MUCH more intense running without shoulder bars, why on earth would they feel them needed for such a crappy little ride like Rita?

It actually could be sorta fun with some airtime, but those OTSRs just kill it. Not only do they make the airtime restricted, but they make the turns painful. Airtime and turns are ALL that Rita does!!! If you restrict both of those, you are left with nothing but the launch, and I can get that experience on much, much better coasters.

Post November 24th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
minicoopertx...Yeah it's definately a preference thing. I think I'd like the blazing pacing through the turns over a slower pace with a little more sensations in it. I'd put 'em about even as far as setting goes, with SROS maybe being a little nicer because of that beautiful river running next to it. It's really amazing to see. I think the twisted hill after the first helix on SROS might be almost as good as the one on EGF, because first of all it has higher speed through it, and g's are some of the strongest on the ride (same strength as those on the third camelback) plus you look like you're going to fly straight into the woods. EGF's has more banking rotation on its twisted hill so that's probably insanely thrilling too. I don't know minicooper... I used to think that I'd like EGF better, but the added length, more hills, and tunnels make me think otherwise now. Also, I don't like that EGF hardly ever gets close to the ground, whereas SROS has that ground hugging turn after the overbank, the second helix, and the final turn, almost all drops go almost all the way to the ground, plus you have the tunnels too. Overall it's just a tough choice between the two. They're definately both the best rides ever IMO like I said. Like you said, it all comes down to preference, so one can't be better than the other...it's just what you like.

Post November 25th, 2005, 4:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

well so far EGF has dominated the poll, but theres no love for collosus, california screamin, kanonen, rita, or the sfa and sfdl superman clones. Keep on voting!

Post November 25th, 2005, 4:43 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

ive only ridden volcano, and it was a BLAST!! haha get it? volcano the BLAST coaster, lol yeah it was good

Post November 27th, 2005, 11:06 pm

Points on hand: 5,178.00 Points

California Screamin' just takes my heart. It doesn't quite capture a boardwalk coaster, but it is fun, and one of the most scenic coasters espically at night.

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions