Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports best park

best park

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

best park

Alton Towers
9%
Thorpe Park
3%
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2%
Cedar Point
29%
Six Flags Magic Mountain
21%
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
2%
Europa Park
2%
Heide Park
No votes
Universal Studios
3%
DisneyLand Paris
No votes
Disney World Florida
2%
Six Flags Great America
5%
Six Flags Great Adventure
2%
Other
21%

Total votes : 58

Post November 28th, 2003, 2:12 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

If I say, no one plz get upset...It was just my opinion...

Anyway, S:TE was a bit over-rated for me. Either it's over-rated or that day had bad launches cuz I was expecting more than what I experienced.

Post November 28th, 2003, 2:58 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post November 29th, 2003, 12:24 am

Points on hand: 5,173.00 Points

I don't think it sucks, it's just not the greatest ride. I see it being no diffrent than TTD...

If there was an over-rated coaster there, it has to be X...

It feels more like a flyer than what people say about it...

Post November 29th, 2003, 12:53 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I've never ridden X before but I hear many mixed opinions. Another nice park that I've only been to twice (once when I was just a baby and once in early 1997) was Knotts Berry Farm, during the Wind-Jammer days there.

Post November 29th, 2003, 7:37 pm

Well, Knotts is an ok park, some matinance on some of the rides would help. I don't know if anyone has been to Europa Park, but it sure looks awesome!!!

Post November 29th, 2003, 9:13 pm

Europa Park doesn't look that great... It doesn't have any good coasters.

Post November 29th, 2003, 9:24 pm

Well you can't say that as you havn't been there. Plus, parks are not all about coasters...

Post November 29th, 2003, 10:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points

Post November 29th, 2003, 10:59 pm

Originally posted by Tycoonman

Well you can't say that as you havn't been there. Plus, parks are not all about coasters...

Well, Silver Star looks like the best ride there, and thats a B&M hyper, which aren't good at all (except for sleeping), and parks have to have at least 1 good coaster to be great.

Post November 29th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
OH come on, be nice intaminfan ;).

Personally, having not been to the parks in England, I don't see any really good parks on there. BGT is overrated, good rides, not the best, but the lines are impossible because that parks a zoo, IoA is probably good if you wanna look at the pretty dinosours, but I didn't get muh out fo the rides. And you don't wanna hear what I have to say about CP. IMO only 2 good rides, but if I voice an opinion of truth about what I think of cedar pointless, I will probably get banned.

If you want a good park, go to something like Kennywood, Holiday world, INdiania Beach, or most of all Knoebels. THey aren't all uptight like CP, have WAY more fun rides, and you get soooo much more for your money. Not to mention the atmostpehre is sooo much better(who needs to look at a fakey dinosour anyway), and the food kicks butt. And again, the rides are much better. Oh, did I mention the rides are better?

But I know I will get slammed for saying this.....

Post November 29th, 2003, 11:19 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
What the heck is the big deal about CP sucking now. I don't think it is bad at all.

Post November 29th, 2003, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Post November 29th, 2003, 11:39 pm

Originally posted by SMer

Me likey da new woody at Alton for 06'!!!!

That was really off topic.

Post November 30th, 2003, 8:19 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,224.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Yeah, get back to my topic, lol. actually, they were refused permission by the government to build that beast of a woody, so they are looking for alternatives, one of the things they have looked at is a B&M floorless coaster which would drop 211ft down to the valley floor, vertcal loop in the bottom of the valley and then up the other side of the valley and then do some other stuff. They are also trying to resubmit the plans for the woody though, but personally i would prefer the big hefer floorless coaster myself. now back to topic, lol.

Post November 30th, 2003, 6:31 pm

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Well, Silver Star looks like the best ride there, and thats a B&M hyper, which aren't good at all (except for sleeping), and parks have to have at least 1 good coaster to be great.

I've only heard good things about Euro-Mir, and Posedin.

Coasters don't have to be the fastest, tallest, or scariest to be the funniest. As long as they leave a smile on your face.

Tycoonman
RCTDepot.com

Post November 30th, 2003, 7:16 pm

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

I've only heard good things about Euro-Mir, and Posedin.

Coasters don't have to be the fastest, tallest, or scariest to be the funniest. As long as they leave a smile on your face.

Tycoonman
RCTDepot.com

Euro-Mir looks okay, but its mostly just a bunch of slow, boring turns, and Poseidon is basicly just a water ride. Nothing Special.

I personally think that most tall and fast coasters aren't too great at all. Most of them aren't intense, like MF, and all B&M sitdowns. Wood is so much better, because even a 65 ft. tall woodie can blow away almost all coasters that are 4 times the height.

Post November 30th, 2003, 8:10 pm

Thank God, another wood fan!!!

Lets try to push this back to topic though...

Post December 1st, 2003, 12:28 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I personally don't agree that wooden coasters are better than steel coasters, i mean you can do so much more with a steel coaster, than you can do with a wooden one. You are really just exagerating when you say that wooden coasters can blow away steel coaster 4 times the height of the wooden one, i mean i have been on some woodys, in europe and america, and i don't think that they have anything special about them, apart from a different noise, they do feel slightly more "out of control", but you can achieve that with a well designed steel coaster too. my view is that anything a wooden coaster can do, and steel coaster can do better, and bigger. but that is just my view and you have your own view, and i respect that. Its all down to taste and no one in the world has the same taste as anyone else.

Post December 1st, 2003, 5:15 pm

Wooden coasters are way more intense than steelies. They have force in 3 directions, which are lateral gs, positive gs, and negative gs. Most steel coasters only have one, which is positive, and sometimes negative gs. In woodies, with airtime, you aren't stapled in and you can actually fly a foot out of your seat and get rammed against the lapbar. On woodies, you get thrown around a lot and on most steel coasters you just sit in your seat. Being thrown around and slammed into the side of your seat, and the feeling of speed is what makes woodies so much better. You don't just sit until the ride is over like on steel coasters. Thats my opinion though, a lot of people like B&Ms which are mostly just a joke and don't provide any intensity basicly at all. Some steel can be really awesome, like some Intamins, but overall steelies can never do what wood can [;)]

Post December 1st, 2003, 7:28 pm

Post December 2nd, 2003, 10:27 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

yeah, back to topic now. I never said what my favourite park was, well, i would have to say that it must be Alton Towers, because, unlike most parks, they hav spent a long long time on the theming, and you can really see that. There is no really big rides there, but there is 3 fairly good rides there and also 1 amazing one off experience ride, nemesis obviously. The best park in the world doesn't really have to have the best rides in the world. going to a park is a day out, to enjoy and all the rest of that mushy stuff, its not just about riding the biggist most thrilling rides, and i think that Alton Towers has the balance between the 2 things, absolutely perfectly. but i haven't been to about 5 of the parks on the list so i can't comment about them, they might have it even better than AT, but i don't think so.

Post December 11th, 2003, 8:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,512.00 Points
SFMM for me thats the only popular park i've really been to.[lol]

Post January 2nd, 2004, 9:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
For a park to be great it needs multiple things. IoA isnt a very good park because all it has is theming, CP and SFMM arent very good because all they have is a bunch of average coasters. When I go to a park, I want a massive thrill, and no offense to anyone, but most new coasters give more sleep to me then thrill. I don't give if you have 22 inversions, you can't feel a single thing while you are going through them. I don't give if your plastic dinosour is the best plastic dinosour on the planet. Give me something that I can't have every day. I can't just float out of the blue.....too bad most parks dont have any airtime......sad sad

Post January 2nd, 2004, 10:41 pm

Exactly, the traditional parks are by far the best. They have the better coasters, way cheaper food prices, a much better atmosphere, and the lines for everything usually always move way faster than the big parks. Oh yeah, and the staff actually let you have fun on coasters unlike SF and Cedar Fair ;)

I'd like to see any coaster at CP or SFMM throw you a foot up in the air, slam you against the restraint, then slam you back down to do it over again. I also know that no coaster at CP slams you into the side of your seat and pins you there with rib crushing laterals. Instead, the coasters at the big parks push you into your seat with vertical gs and you don't feel anything until the ride is over. BORING.

Post January 2nd, 2004, 11:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
He he he...not at SFStL...

On the Screamin' Eagle, (built 1976 and the restraint fasteners have never been replaced), you can still achieve excellent airtime. Like most restraints, they click, and when you try to pull them up, they lock. Well, you have about a 1:2 chance of them malfunctioning during the ride. Doesn't sound safe? It is...or at least no one's died yet [;)]. Anyway, at the top of the lift (see picture link above) there is a turnaround and at the top of the turnaround there is a clicker thing to hold the train if it didn't make it over the crest. So, as it throws you to the side on the turn, then the clicks change the speed really quick, you force the bar down to the next click then yank up and it will come up about 4 clicks (8-12 in.) and re-fasten when the coaster plummets down the hill. [pshades] This old ride is one of my favorites...nothing special, but the airtime is AMAZING! Then you come crashing down on all of the valleys and that is cool too. But for it to work, you have to allow about 2-4 in. of space in the initial check by the ride ops...they won't say anything unless it's around 6 in. above your lap. At the same time it's scary because the track is worn and the wear over the years makes it seem uncertain that it doesn't crumble to the ground. The peak of the lift smells like rotting wood...how reassuring-especially to first-time riders [lol].

Just one of the many useless informational tid-bits crammed into my brain.

-Elf [dorkhat]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports