Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports best park

best park

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

best park

Alton Towers
9%
Thorpe Park
3%
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2%
Cedar Point
29%
Six Flags Magic Mountain
21%
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
2%
Europa Park
2%
Heide Park
No votes
Universal Studios
3%
DisneyLand Paris
No votes
Disney World Florida
2%
Six Flags Great America
5%
Six Flags Great Adventure
2%
Other
21%

Total votes : 58

Post January 3rd, 2004, 12:10 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

SFWOA-Wild rides, Wicked Water Park and Wacky Animals [lol] j\k but it is a fun park(s) 3-for-1 price.

Post January 18th, 2004, 6:33 am

Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points
I like the Europa Park most, cause there is a fantastic balance between themeing and good coasters.

Post January 18th, 2004, 10:26 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,224.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post January 22nd, 2004, 4:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
Elfman Knows what he is talking about. ;)

Intaminfan said that there arent any laterals at CP. Well just to play devils advocate, Blue streak has laterals, just not anything to write home about. Though Blue streak is probaby my favorite coaster there. If you get the lapbar up a click or 2(good luck with those ops), you will get some nice air on Blue streak. Too bad that out of 16 coasters its the only one...

Post January 22nd, 2004, 11:00 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

Post April 7th, 2004, 6:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,556.00 Points

Post April 7th, 2004, 10:54 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Exactly, the traditional parks are by far the best. They have the better coasters, way cheaper food prices, a much better atmosphere, and the lines for everything usually always move way faster than the big parks. Oh yeah, and the staff actually let you have fun on coasters unlike SF and Cedar Fair ;)

I'd like to see any coaster at CP or SFMM throw you a foot up in the air, slam you against the restraint, then slam you back down to do it over again. I also know that no coaster at CP slams you into the side of your seat and pins you there with rib crushing laterals. Instead, the coasters at the big parks push you into your seat with vertical gs and you don't feel anything until the ride is over. BORING.

Rides that slam you into your seat and crush your ribs from laterals don't sound very fun to me. The sound painful. Anyway, my favorite park is Cedar Point. I like it because of all the different rides to choose from. Also all you small park people, Cedar point used to be a small park, and just to let you know, it's a lot older than some parks so it's had time to build up to a big thing.

Post April 7th, 2004, 11:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Rib crushing laterals is just a term for FEELING like its gong to crush your ribs...like the last turnaround on Silver Comet, it has "rib crushing" laterals, but nobody has gotten there ribs cracked from it. Some of the greatest rides really did break people's ribs, but that was because the people didn't really brace for the laterals. They aren't painful at all, just intense.

I know CP used to be a traditional park, way back when they used to have some great coasters that have been defunct for awhile now. Its grown to be an overpriced park with all boring coasters, except for Blue Streak, and Blue Streak really isn't intense.

Post April 8th, 2004, 12:04 am

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

I feel SFMM is the best park because of the variety of inversions, airtime, lats., and vert. G's. Collossus=good airtime; Goliath=Strong vert. thru helix; and........Batman and psyclone have good lats, kinda, tho psyclone kills ur legs.

Post April 9th, 2004, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,553.00 Points
[:)]Six Flags Magic Mountain beats all. It has X, the first 4th dimensional coaster in the world, it's amazing. Cedar Point would be second on my list with thier newest strata coaster, Top Thrill Dragster, would have to be the top of the line thrill for Cedar Point. but i heard they are making a new one soon so that's why im still with SFMM for my pick.[:)]

Post April 13th, 2004, 1:34 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
intaminfan: its not their fault they needed to brace themselves for turns. if thats the case, its a bad ride. any ride that the rider needs to do something in order to come out safe is not a good ride.

in my opinion, epcot is the best park, but if ya want thrills, go to cp!!!

Post April 13th, 2004, 2:09 am

Well, I didn't really mean brace, I just can't word it right, like, the riders were probably doing something stupid instead of just sitting in their seat and riding like your supposed to. If only a couple of people got hurt after so many people rode it, its obvious that the force of the coaster wasn't too extreme for most people to handle, just the small amount of people who couldn't handle it.

Post April 15th, 2004, 11:13 pm

still, any ride that you need to do something or get hurt isnt a good ride. its like going into a maze and finding that if you dont make it out in 10 mins, you will be executed. not good. riders should not have to worry about the ride. thats why most people ride them, to forget about their worries for a few mins. they dont want to be worried about surviving the next turn.

Post April 16th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

Yea, I side with coaster99, I like intense rides like Intamin Fan, but I don't want to have to hold on for dear life. I mean, I would like the feeling, but not literally hanging on so I won't break ribs or get crushed.

Post April 17th, 2004, 2:47 pm

Did you guys even read the last sentence of my last post?
If only a couple of people got hurt after so many people rode it, its obvious that the force of the coaster wasn't too extreme for most people to handle, just the small amount of people who couldn't handle it.

You don't have to brace for it, you act like if just an extremely small percent of the riders get hurt or killed, then its automatically an unsafe ride and isn't good. If there was a ride that was so perfectly safe to your standards then there would be no thrill in riding it. And like I said, the Idora Wildcat was safe enough, out of every single person who rode it only 2 were hurt, and nobody was killed. I guess you guys also think that since the lady died on Raven that its not a good ride? thats the lady's fault, not the ride.

Post April 23rd, 2004, 4:44 pm

hm.. you were making it sound like the rides that people couldnt handle (like the crystal beach cyclone) were the good rides.. but i have to side with you on the idea that its a good ride even if only a few riders got hurt. besides, superman ride of steel (sfne) managed to injure around 60 people at once when it crashed in 01 and that's still an awesome ride!!

as for best park: i think i said epcot earlier in the post, and i still agree but i'm leaning more towards cp just because i realized that it is one of the few parks that truly has something for everyone.

Post April 23rd, 2004, 6:08 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,224.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I think IF397 makes a very good point (for once [lol]), If we thought that rides were perfectly safe and that accidents never happened, then rides would induce less fear. I suppose there is a certain amount of fear instilled by the fact that you are travelling at 60mph past huge metal poles, but if rides were perfectly safe then we would know that nothing was ever going to go wrong and coasters would just be a train that was pointless because you end up in the same place you start [lol] I also suppose this is why people tend to prefer taller faster rides, as they would appear to be more dangerous. I don't think rides would be boring if they were perfectly safe, but I think that the thrill would be a different one, if there was still a thrill at all.

Previous

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports