Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Brakes and Ratings

Brakes and Ratings

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post June 26th, 2003, 12:10 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
I am designing a coaster that I want to have 5 or so trains running on it. However having a flat block break kinda takes away from the adrenaline of the ride. Would you duduct points for having a block break being curved? I dont mean, turning curved. I mean diving into a drop kind of curved. I really don't want to have a strait piece of track its just not that fun.

Post June 26th, 2003, 12:17 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Try to use them the way trims are used. FOr example, maybe you could dive into a drop, once it reaches it's steepest point have a short straight brake section, then it wouldn't affect the ride really, and it wouldn't be unrealistic.

Post June 26th, 2003, 12:19 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
The thing is, I want the coaster to be able to stop there in case of an emergency. So it has to be at the top of the hill rather than the bottom.

Post June 26th, 2003, 12:44 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Well, a curving brakerun wouldn't really be better than having MCBRs, but if you don't want MCBRs then I suggest that your brakesegment is short and only consists of one set of braking fins, instead of several. The disadvantage of doing this though is that the only way it would probably stop the train is if the hill didn't provide much airtime. This can be changed though because if you have the coaster go slow over the hill so it would be able to stop the train, make the top segment smaller and more sudden then you usually would. That means that it would provide airtime, even though the train would be traveling at a slower speed. It might take some time to make it work how you want it too, but the coaster would turn out much better that way.

Post June 26th, 2003, 1:11 am

Points on hand: 3,980.00 Points

If you had that brake piece short, like intaminfan said, you could have it stop much faster by making the acceleration to as high as it can go.

Return to No Limits Coaster