Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Busch Gardens Tampa to add first-of-its-kind drop tower

Busch Gardens Tampa to add first-of-its-kind drop tower

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 1,014.00 Points
TAMPA, Fla. - For more than five decades Busch Gardens Tampa has delivered some of the world's most exciting thrills. Rides like Cheetah Hunt, SheiKra, Montu and Kumba have set the stage, and Busch Gardens is ready to drop big news.

In spring 2014 Busch Gardens Tampa is taking guests' experiences to new heights with Falcon's Fury, the first drop tower of its kind in the world. Additionally, with no connecting structures, it will be the tallest freestanding drop tower in North America.

No bird can match the speed of a falcon in its hunting dive. The falcon is the fastest animal on Earth, reaching speeds of 200 mph. Designers were inspired by this bird of prey during the development of the new attraction.

Falcon's Fury will stand at 335 feet and take riders soaring 60 mph straight down. Located in the Timbuktu area, Falcon?????????s Fury will be visible from any location in the park and even across the Tampa Bay area.

At the ride's highest point Busch Gardens has added an element of surprise. Like its bird of prey namesake, riders will pivot 90 degrees in midair to a face-down dive position. An instant later they'll plunge 60 mph at 3.5 Gs straight down with speed and power like they've likely never experienced before.

Construction in the Timbuktu area of the park has already begun, and Falcon's Fury is scheduled for completion in spring 2014.

source

Post June 12th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
That's amazing, but what if a restraint fails? I guess you're kind of ****ed, huh?
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post June 12th, 2013, 7:12 pm
A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points
You're pretty ****ed in any situation of a restraint failing on a drop tower

Post June 12th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
DUDE this is a concept I have been intrigued with for so long. The turning to face down drop tower, but 335 feet? Holy crap dude... And it's going to be like a LAUNCH downward, not a free fall. This is gonna be awesome!

Post June 12th, 2013, 10:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
When they say 3.5G I'm guessing they mean deceleration. No way they launch the ride downwards with that force from 335' and only reach 60mph, unless the brakes are wayyy up the tower. Even 335' and 60mph don't make sense unless the brakes are high up. Of course, they'll have to be higher than usual, given that the deceleration has to be 1.5-2.5G lower than a sitting ride given the rider position.

Anyways it'll still be pretty awesome. I'd love to try it.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions