Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion C & C Generals/Zero Hour

C & C Generals/Zero Hour

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post April 11th, 2007, 10:11 pm

Points on hand: 643.00 Points

Are there any members that play/ed?

I gotten addicted to the game on and off, but all in all, it's a really fun game. I want to get back into it, but my computer isn't powerful enough, and my brother's is broken.

Post April 11th, 2007, 10:30 pm

Points on hand: 1,209.00 Points
Yeah I played, but I didn't really like it quite as much as the Red Alert or Tiberium games.

Generals didn't really seem like part of the C&C series to me, just a modern-style RTS with the C&C nameplate. I will admit, however, that I did have fun playing. The units weren't quite as unique or interesting as the earlier ones, but the GLA's mob was quite fun anyway (AK-47s for everyone!). And hey, 3-D was a good jump too.

By the way, (I'm sure, as a C&C fan, you've already heard... but I'll say it anyway) there's a new C&C out, "Tiberium wars." By all reports it's a solid return to the original story (however if you can't run Generals you're definitely out of luck with this one).

Post April 11th, 2007, 10:39 pm

Points on hand: 643.00 Points

Yea I was thinking about getting that one, but Generals is plenty for me at the moment.

I use my brother's computer when I feel like playing Generals since it's much much more stronger than mine.

I'll admit it's different than the earlier C&C's but it doesn't effect me.

Post April 12th, 2007, 1:03 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Generals was a fun game. I really liked some of the unit enhancements you could buy and then the generals upgrades. Everything about the game screamed that it should be really fun, but for some reason I didn't like it as much. The pacing seemed really off and everything felt like they were HUGE. THe people in the game are easily 9 feet tall. Zero Hour added some cool stuff, but it was still the same old game.

Return to Off Topic Discussion