Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Chicago Ends Handgun Ban

Chicago Ends Handgun Ban

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 30th, 2010, 9:17 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I like my gun, it has kept me safe many times and prevented me from being robbed various times. [:)]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 30th, 2010, 9:19 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Post June 30th, 2010, 9:21 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points

Post June 30th, 2010, 9:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Originally posted by jayman

Originally posted by Freddie

Pro gun people have this cowboy mentality where they think they can always save the day in situations that rarely actually happen, or at least play out the way they think they happen.
really?
i've owned guns quite literally my whole life, and recived my very own rifle when i was 11 years old .never once was i taught that we had guns so we could act like cowboys. you could say i'm " pro gun" but that wouldnt be the point. your narrow minded view of "middle america" as a bunch of stupid rednecks is very tired and almost used up, and outgrowable .
for better or for worse that i live in a country who's constitution holds it's citizens to a standard high enough to expect us to be able to own guns and be responsible with them is very important and precious to me. i signed away 6 years of my life in gratitude for such a responsibility. privileged people arent the only people worth a poop in this country.

I grew up in a not so nice city and was in some situations that pro-gun people would probably use as an example of why we should all have guns...I can safely say it never even crossed my mind at the time. I have never wanted a gun in this and never plan to own one.

And it's great that it's in the Constitution....doesn't mean I have to agree with it. The aforementioned 'blacks are 3/5th of a person' was in the Constitution at one time too. I don't like the idea that any love who can sign his name can legally own a tool that has no purpose other than for taking a life, regardless of how responsible you have faith in them being. I don't like that guns are so easily obtained illegally either, at all, which is why I think there should be MUCH harsher penalties for having an unlicensed weapon (might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the stolen property charge on a stolen gun is harsher than not having a license?).

I appreciate military service because it takes a far better person than I to be able to do such a thing, and I appreciate that you stood up to protect a right like this, but I have to say that in my experience, there are people out there that do not deserve such a right despite what the Constitution says. As 'leftist' or whatever as that may be, you can honestly say with a straight face that you do not know a single person that you wouldn't trust with a firearm even if legally obtained? I find that hard to believe.

Post June 30th, 2010, 9:51 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

i know of plenty of people that shouldnt have guns .. they arent me

Post June 30th, 2010, 9:51 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I don't trust Mickey Mouse with a gun. I think he would go postal.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post July 1st, 2010, 8:33 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

The bottom line is:

If everyone could be trusted to own a gun, no one would need a gun.

Not everyone can be trusted with a gun, therefore if it's legal everyone arms themselves with guns and the whole situation spirals out of control until you have a figure like: 721 dying over the course a year in one country alone as a result of ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE! [lol] I mean, natural selection is getting a helping hand there which is a good thing I guess, but people use them for bad shiz too!

Post July 1st, 2010, 3:26 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Personally I don't think arming people that burn vans left in the alley for fun is a good idea, especially if welfare will be paying the bill most likely anyways.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion