Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Chris Angel: Mind Freak

Chris Angel: Mind Freak

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Chris Angel: Mind Freak

i feel the magic radiate out of my TV every time I see him.
37%
Enough with this s**t already.
63%

Total votes : 19

Post June 16th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points
So what do you all think about him (ya know, the magicain dude that pulles doves and elephanst out of his arse).

Post June 16th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

I've seen videos of his old live show from New York and he really is an amazing magician, but the TV show is terrible. So much of it is obviously set up and only works because they can switch cameras and people assume its still all being shown in real time.

Post June 16th, 2006, 4:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

The only great trick here is the guy making money off the idiots that actualy watch this trash

Post June 16th, 2006, 4:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Some of his tricks are pretty cool though, and i know they arent fake because my friend whos really into street magic can do them.

Post June 16th, 2006, 5:22 pm

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

Guys, you seem to forget, Criss Angel is no magician. He's an illusionist. His tricks these days are publicity stunts that require no real skill to complete. Just a lot of money. He can't really float up to a chair, make a card float between his hands, or any of that other bullshit. And if your friends *cough*coasterguy* try to make you beleive it's real too, that just shows how easy it is to fool somebody with these lame tricks.

Post June 16th, 2006, 5:30 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Of course none of it is real magic, what I don't like about his show is how set up it is, alot of it (not all of it) is done with camera tricks. Some of the close up stuff is actually legit stuff, not real, but using slight of hand and stuff that actually requires skill, instead of cameras.

Post June 16th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Originally posted by Iron Man

Guys, you seem to forget, Criss Angel is no magician. He's an illusionist. His tricks these days are publicity stunts that require no real skill to complete. Just a lot of money. He can't really float up to a chair, make a card float between his hands, or any of that other bullshit. And if your friends *cough*coasterguy* try to make you beleive it's real too, that just shows how easy it is to fool somebody with these lame tricks.

Ahhh no, i know its not real magic at all. If anybody tries to tell you its actually magic, then they're lying. Its all tricks that anybody could figure out and do, but they're still pretty cool imo. My friend doesnt try and make me believe its real magic either.

Post June 16th, 2006, 6:30 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Choices:

That's all we get to choose from? That is a pretty lame survey man. But yeah, there is a reason he is on A&E while David Copperfield had specials on NBC. He is an audience pleaser, but a lame performer.

Post June 16th, 2006, 7:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,681.00 Points
Did any one see him cut his self in half, with that big saw??

Post June 16th, 2006, 8:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points
Originally posted by TConwell

Choices:

That's all we get to choose from? That is a pretty lame survey man. But yeah, there is a reason he is on A&E while David Copperfield had specials on NBC. He is an audience pleaser, but a lame performer.

Sorry, but I feel either you believe in magic or you don't. Half and half kinda' defeates thinking it's real at all. Think about it, if he really could do magic, wouldn't it all be magic. (that is, unless he isn't yet done at hogwarts[:p])

Post June 17th, 2006, 10:28 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by Iman

Sorry, but I feel either you believe in magic or you don't. Half and half kinda' defeates thinking it's real at all. Think about it, if he really could do magic, wouldn't it all be magic. (that is, unless he isn't yet done at hogwarts[:p])
Do you have any idea how rediculous that statement is? I have to "believe in magic"? Like magic is some sort of individual entity meant to be recognized? The word magic is barely a noun! It is defined by Webster's as "an illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers."

So, would you please stop! Magic is a trade skill, something that is learned, practiced, and performed. I have to believe in magic .... geesh, grow up and welcome to the real world.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Return to Off Topic Discussion