Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Classic Wooden Coaster Recreation/ Poll

Classic Wooden Coaster Recreation/ Poll

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Classic Wooden Coaster Recreation/ Poll

1. Rye Playland Park's Aeroplane Coaster
37%
2. Riverview Park's Bobs
10%
3. The Pike's Cyclone Racer
20%
4. Idora Park's Wildcat
10%
5. Coney Island's Tornado (Bobs)
23%

Total votes : 30

Post December 10th, 2011, 12:56 pm

Points on hand: 686.00 Points
Recently, I have become more and more interested in those old wooden roller coasters that started the trend. (Thank you "American Roller Coaster" by Scott Rutherford.) They weren't as tall or fast or kind bogglingly huge as some of the steel giants we know today, but some of the classics delivered a ride which people claim to be just as intense. Most of them maxed out at 100 feet, but the designers of the day knew how to create a masterpiece with what they've got, without the aid of computers we have today.

So I have decided to dive deeper into coaster history and attempt to recreate one of these legends, but I need your help to decide. So if you want, choose one of these rides which you would want me to create.

If you have any other ideas, please say them and vote!

Post December 11th, 2011, 9:00 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

That's a great book indeed. Let's hope some more people vote for the Cyclone Racer as you have an Engineering Drawing in said book ;)

Post December 11th, 2011, 1:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,369.00 Points
Still Scott said that the Aeroplane was the ultimate Bobs coaster...it was torn down because people thought it was too awesome to be safe.

Post December 13th, 2011, 2:58 pm

Points on hand: 271.00 Points
Bank: 7,431.00 Points

Paul Drabek Has done all the designs with the exception of the Cyclone Racer.I Would love to see Cyclone Racer. Other desings can be DL at Pauls site http://www.negative-g.com/NoLimits/No%2 ... 0Index.htm

Post December 17th, 2011, 11:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

When you start your recreation process, would you mind sending me progress to test? I've done a lot of research on classic rides like these and may be able to help with building style.

Return to No Limits Coaster