Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Climate Change

Climate Change

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post May 2nd, 2008, 1:09 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Debate climate change here. Go!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 2nd, 2008, 1:13 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I feel like.... It's too hot in this country as it is! However, if enternal damnation is the price we have to pay to never see another toyota prius, then so be it!

Post May 2nd, 2008, 1:17 pm
FIN User avatar

Points on hand: 1,156.00 Points
It is weird how Finlands summers and winters balance. In summer it is about 30 celsius degrees everyday, but in winter temperature is always below zero celsius![redsmoke]

Post May 2nd, 2008, 1:18 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

texas' weather is crazy as hell. really hot one day, cold the next, then a thunderstorm after that, and then who knows what.

Post May 2nd, 2008, 1:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Originally posted by Z00Z3R

texas' weather is crazy as hell. really hot one day, cold the next, then a thunderstorm after that, and then who knows what.

so.. london weather then
*siiigh*

make up your mind weather!
Rarwh

Post May 2nd, 2008, 1:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

^i guess. it wasn't always like that. used to be just hot.

Post May 2nd, 2008, 3:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
i think that going green should be made easier, you can tell us to recycle but that doesn't mean that we will, because it's difficult there's very little incentive to do anything about it. i have this theory, that if you put wind generators at the side of roller coasters, when the train goes past it generates power, i think that all we need to do is build more theme parks! it could also create amazing lighting effects, as when the coaster rushes past different wind generators lights in the queue switching on and off would make a really awesome effect, use my ideas theme parks of the world, you will be glad!
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post May 2nd, 2008, 3:10 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^ugh...go to school and learn physics.

If every household would get themselves 4 wind turbines (9ft blades) it would get you enough power for lightning, appliances and heating.

Post May 2nd, 2008, 3:37 pm

Points on hand: 96.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
Eh, like I said before. Chuff climate changes, we don't need to find a way to resolve the issue but rather find ways to live with it.

I mean common the climate has been changing even before the wheel was invented and it's still changing today, why now should we blame humans when the world has seen Ice ages and heat spikes millions of years ago?

Post May 2nd, 2008, 4:26 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
My friends would talk about it, and I'd just go talk to someone else. I didn't think it was going to be an issue, and I felt like it wouldn't have the greatest impact in my lifetime.

But it snows almost every weekend in my area, and although the snow doesn't linger on the ground much, it's been unnaturally cold lately...Idk much about it though. That just seems like a logical symptom of harsh climate changes.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 2nd, 2008, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

bacause people are sheep, they will believe anything

and hey, im not gonna complain if we get some zero-emissions cars .. at least we'll all stop getting pollution induced asthma attacks
Rarwh

Post May 2nd, 2008, 5:20 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Originally posted by hyyyper
If every household would get themselves 4 wind turbines (9ft blades) it would get you enough power for lightning, appliances and heating.

You do know there are places where there is not wind daily to turn them. Like where I live [lol]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post May 3rd, 2008, 1:27 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post May 3rd, 2008, 1:49 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

In Ohio, we can go thru all 4 seasons in under 48 hours. Heck, this season in 24 hours.

All I really have to complain is my sinuses are driving me CRAZY! [sillyme]
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post May 3rd, 2008, 10:42 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by dj-djI mean common the climate has been changing even before the wheel was invented and it's still changing today, why now should we blame humans when the world has seen Ice ages and heat spikes millions of years ago?

Climates do not slowly change over time. That would not explain why they always coincide with a mass extinction. Climate changes happen in catastrophic flips. It look only 20 years for the ice in the last ice age to melt it would not have been a pretty time to be alive with all of that water entering into the oceans.

Also the reason everything should go green is reguardless if we're causing climate change or not, all of the excess CO2 that settles into the oceans is fudging up the pH of the oceans and if this trend continues there will be a mass extinction event. If you wish model this buy a fish tank, throw some fish into it and diffuse some C02 into it while measuring the pH. The rate of lithospheric plate movement affects it, there are too many little factors all combining at once that will tip the scale over.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 4th, 2008, 2:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
But the climates DO change and they change pretty much without human interaction though we had an impact. So whether or not it changed in 20 years I bet there was some changes leading up to that "flip". How noticable or how severe is another thing all together but I would say the climates do move. They just move rather slowly till they get imbalanced, then balance themselves out (most likly violently) then goes back to taking care of itself.

To be quite honest I dont think we are capable of truely destroying the earth. I think without some sort of monster sized human disaster like, 100,000 H bombs being blown up around the world at key points I think the Earth can take care of itself. If that means it moves itself towards something drastic to cope with the changes - then thats how it does it. But Earth has always proved that its design is that it will be self sufficient and it will rebound and recover from even its own catastrophic changes.

Post May 6th, 2008, 2:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Originally posted by Casper

bacause people are sheep, they will believe anything

Well said. Two phrases which piss me off in the world; 'Credit crunch' & 'climate change'. It never ceases to amazes me how stupid people are

Post May 6th, 2008, 4:03 pm

the problem is that WHAT IF climate change was because of us, i mean there is plenty of evidence to say that we are the cause, but there is also plenty to say we aren't, tbh i am more worried about our dwindling oil, coal and natural gas supplies, we just need to make an effort, and we can destroy the world at a later date

Post May 6th, 2008, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Adrenaguy -- you forgot a "/" in the second tag. [lol]

I called Hillary -- she said she will mention this tonight in her address that this too is George Bush's fault (in her eyes). As far as dealing with the climate, live indoors and your chances increase by a factor of 10 to deal with it.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post May 8th, 2008, 11:01 am

pwned, they say that we should save the earth for our children, and our children's children, or our children's children's children, or our children's children's children's children, but what if our children decide not to have any kids? Then that whole thing just flies out of the window like a nerds retainer...

Post May 11th, 2008, 8:58 am
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

I always hate these discussions, but the co2 level has been waaay higher in the past, it's natural that that changes and and now it's rising again. But that's still a problem because if more ice melts in the arctic Holland is screwed, so we and other countries still need to be carefull. But if our industries etc. are really contributing that much to global warming, I doubt it..

Post May 11th, 2008, 10:22 am

Points on hand: 3,999.00 Points
All of our energy originates from the Sun. If the Sun goes out, we're dead. I believe our changes in the weather are associated with sun spot activity. Sun spots are violent storms on the sun. Sun spots emit hot flames of hydrogen gas that are thrown more than 80,000 miles out into space. These sun spots or "hot spots" cause our climate changes. Humans do affect the climate but when compared to sun activity, they probably account for about 1% of the climate change.
Trackwalker

Post May 11th, 2008, 10:26 am

Points on hand: 3,999.00 Points
By the way, do not look directly at the Sun or at the Sun with binoculars or a telescope because the suns intense rays will burn your eyes and blind you.
Trackwalker

Return to Off Topic Discussion