Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Cloverfield

Cloverfield

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post January 16th, 2008, 9:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

What do you think it will be about and whats is with this viral "Slusho" stuff? Thoughts?

I really think Cthulhu is involved somehow. I am not very sure but I believe thats what the monster is. This movie seems to be a spinoff of BWP (Blair Witch Project) and War of the Worlds smashed together.

Post January 16th, 2008, 9:16 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post January 16th, 2008, 9:24 pm

I am going to be disappointed if it is Godzilla or Voltron. All this for an old highly-unbelievable legend.

Post January 16th, 2008, 9:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

^Don't worry, it's not. The monster is original and sounds pretty good from what I've read. I can't speculate here since I've already read up on the spoilers to see if it'd be worth wasting my money on to see in theaters.

Post January 16th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

I'm hoping it's a rip-off of Sin from Final Fantasy X. Here's a pic...
Mainly because that would be super cool and Sin's a total crazy monster.

Also, I don't know how I feel about the movie. Part of me thinks it looks really stupid, but I want to see it anyway.

Post January 16th, 2008, 9:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Post January 16th, 2008, 9:52 pm

Originally posted by Kevin Brennan

^Don't worry, it's not. The monster is original and sounds pretty good from what I've read. I can't speculate here since I've already read up on the spoilers to see if it'd be worth wasting my money on to see in theaters.

Since you read the spoilers what does the Slusho thing have to do with it? Mutation drink?

Post January 16th, 2008, 10:09 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Try going to Wiki. and search it. I found that it will not be godzilla or voltron. it will be a new monster for america. that is what i found. you might not find the same answer that i did.

seriously, try wikipedia.com and search cloverfield

Post January 16th, 2008, 10:15 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
During the previews there a small clip where they are in some tent, and you look and see the silhouette of what I SWORE was a ninja turtle...

Post January 18th, 2008, 4:12 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Post January 18th, 2008, 5:34 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
if its anything but the State Puff Marsh-mellow Man I will be incredibly disappointed.

Post January 18th, 2008, 8:47 am

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie whatever the monster is.

Post January 20th, 2008, 2:56 am

Points on hand: 2,978.00 Points
I saw interviews with audience members on a news segment. They all UNANIMOUSLY said that it sucks and is the worst movie ever. Maybe I'll go watch it.

Post January 20th, 2008, 3:25 am

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

I dunno what it is, but I just watched it two days in a row. What an amazing movie, people who say that it sucks probably don't really get it...It's not supposed to answer all your questions, the guy who filmed the movie with his camera doesn't know what it is either...The army dude said they had no idea what it was, and I could get into more details, but it would just give away a ton of stuff.

Anyway, the moster is some kinda praying mantis-squid-dinosaur thing...Got like 6 legs with two round, wierd looking toes and two praying mantis kind of arms at the front, and a long tail. Yeah, it's really, really wierd..

Post January 20th, 2008, 4:24 am

Points on hand: 2,978.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterguy77

What an amazing movie, people who say that it sucks probably don't really get it...

That's probably true. Those people maybe didn't look too swift....

Post January 20th, 2008, 5:52 am

Points on hand: 1,615.00 Points
I saw our employee preview of it couple days ago... i absolutely loved it. They did an awesome job with using a handy-cam. The monster was really weird and too over the top but still this movie kicked ass. Go see it!

Post January 20th, 2008, 8:29 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

It was pretty good. But the ending felt like a reversed blair witch to me... like in blair witch you get all the background information but you don't see the monster, but here it's the exact opposite.

Overall though, I'd say it was a hell of a night at the movies, and I'll probably end up getting it on DVD fa sho.. despite my reactions to the ending, but at the end of the credits, there's a *spoiler* barely audible sound bite that sounds like one of the main characters says "I'm still alive" but it's hard to tell.. and was obviously put in to start more viral marketing for a sequal (and considering the quick production time frame this movie was made in, a solid sequal could be made relatively quick once the strike ends) so who knows maybe we'll see the sequel soon enough.

Return to Off Topic Discussion