Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster coaster making advice

coaster making advice

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post July 16th, 2010, 3:54 am

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2010, 4:22 am

Points on hand: 1,137.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2010, 4:24 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

The biggest things i can think of are Make sure your G's dont go into the red. Shaping matters alot to. Make sure your hills are shaped correctly or else they may pull bad G's and look bad. When building a ride remember the more speed the more banking. Make sure the track NEVER comes to close to other pieces or other objects, this could kill someone. Also pacing is important. Pacing is how well the ride is apced. Its difficult to explain but its an easy concept. You dont want a ride crawling into the station for example but you also dont want it flying into the station at 60mph.
Also, what do you use, rct 1,2,3,? nl, sm?

Post July 16th, 2010, 8:14 am

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
supports are always important to. Don't be afraid to do some lateral bracing on woodies, and always do custom supports on steel rides no matter what. prefabs look terrible.

Post July 16th, 2010, 11:57 am

Points on hand: 448.00 Points
Originally posted by B and M

The biggest things i can think of are Make sure your G's dont go into the red. Shaping matters alot to. Make sure your hills are shaped correctly or else they may pull bad G's and look bad. When building a ride remember the more speed the more banking. Make sure the track NEVER comes to close to other pieces or other objects, this could kill someone. Also pacing is important. Pacing is how well the ride is apced. Its difficult to explain but its an easy concept. You dont want a ride crawling into the station for example but you also dont want it flying into the station at 60mph.

Considering this is in the NoLimits forum, I'm guessing that.

TopThrill
If you want to handbuild, Just keep practicing.
If you want to build with a program, get Newton2 and learn it. Best decision I ever made.

Post July 16th, 2010, 12:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
I say that if G's and smoothness are a problem, learn newton. I have been dabbling in it recently and it is extremely easy, even the mulit-force feature. Supports come with practice. Be patient- it takes a while.

Post July 16th, 2010, 5:07 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by Doughnut

Originally posted by B and M

Considering this is in the NoLimits forum, I'm guessing that.

TopThrill
If you want to handbuild, Just keep practicing.
If you want to build with a program, get Newton2 and learn it. Best decision I ever made.

You put too much faith into humans and are never on the forums. People everyday put threads in the wrong area.

Post July 16th, 2010, 5:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2010, 5:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

The best and simplest thing you can do is just to look at pictures and videos of real rides.

Post July 16th, 2010, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points

Return to No Limits Coaster