Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster considering making a coaster in NL

considering making a coaster in NL

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post May 3rd, 2004, 8:37 am

Points on hand: 5,725.00 Points

Ive already made one coaster in NL
http://coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/ ... p?tid=2291

although it is far from the best coaster it was my first. Im thinking of making another coaster and I need some help. Anyone got any tips to help me out.

Things I already know
-no banana lifts, make the lift in three sections
-press "I" to straighten track. make sure the station and brake runs are straight.

I get confused in what view to make the coaster. When I start moving stuff around in the 3d view it can totally stuff up what I had just created. Is there an easier way??

If anybody actually replies, their help is greatly apprectiated. [:D]

Post May 3rd, 2004, 9:59 am

Points on hand: 3,103.00 Points

You'll just have to practice getting used to using the front, back, left, right and top views to design your coaster. The 3D view is usefull after the layout is pretty much in place, and your ready tweek the track slightly to get it smoothed out and just right. (I only move vertices when viewing from "On-Track" in 3d view) It's also helpful for connecting support beams once the nodes have been placed. But besides that, the 3D view is hard to try and design the track. I do know that for the most part, the track should have a smooth flow look to it in all the views. The ConRoll button has become my best friend. [;)] I usually design my tracks mostly from the top view and side "profile view" but all the views need to be used eventually. That's just me though, and god knows I am not the best coaster designer. I think I'm getting better at creating smoothness. That, and realistic supports are my greatest challenge. Eventually the more you design, the more your mind will start thinking in 3D. Personally I think the 3D view is best left for viewing a quick representation of the ride before actually loading it into the simulator. It helps give you a better look at things, but for the most I don't use it move the track. It usually gets me into trouble. That's just me though. I'm sure there's probably someone out there who uses it to design. Pain in the butt if you ask me. Oh well, hope that helps.

Return to No Limits Coaster