Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion continuation of the gay thing

continuation of the gay thing

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 5th, 2004, 3:18 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
this is a continuation of the debate about gays going on in the "bush or kerry" topic. i felt that the other topic got way off topic so i started a new one. so far, the "debate" seems non-hostile and friendly so hopefully it'll stay that way...

Post November 5th, 2004, 4:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
I'm not from the USA, so I can't really judge but from what I have seen, neither of them should really be President. Lets see what Bush can do in the next 4 years though, and hopefully he can sort out the Iraq thing.

Post November 5th, 2004, 5:00 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

today we had a political discussion in history class about the next election and they said that they want the next republican candidate to be Arnold Swartzcheneggar (however his last name is spelled) but in order to do that an amendment must be repealed (the one about the presidential candidate has to be born here). Anyway, it takes 7 years to get an amendment repealed "But the republicans control just about everything now"-history teacher.

I swear, if he is elected president, i will leave this country for good.

I hope i didnt cause this to go off topic. Anywho, you've prob read what i wrote in the bush kerry one. I cannot support discrimination, no matter what kind it is. Gay people are peoply too and they deserve equal rights

Post November 5th, 2004, 7:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
it's agganst the bible, no matter what you say, you know it is. That's why im agganst it

Post November 5th, 2004, 8:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

I agree, being a stupid queer is just wrong, espeally a dude at your age coaster992001, who's going to be a virgin the rest of his life, will never really experece the joys of a lady, homo.
And i don't think americans should be able to move to canada, just to marry there queer boyfriend.
It's just wrong, but on a politics stand point, i really don't care.
All the homos around here should really shut-up.. I mean come on, you can't even have kids for christ sake, read the bible, and get a damn girlfriend, homo.

Post November 5th, 2004, 10:04 pm

actually, i've been resarching this for around 6 years and so far i cant find anything in the bible that even reletively mentions homosexuality. also, screamomatic: i've had 3 girlfriends, so i have seen "the joys of a lady" and to be honest, i'd ratherwatch a 3 hour documentary on peas than go near there again. also, just by being gay doesnt mean i'll be a virgin the rest of my life. and, i'm 18.. how old did you think i am? i'm guessing your 13 or so. and gay marraige is not legal in canada to my knowledge. also, i can have kids. my sperm is perfectly good and can make kids as well as yours can.

also.. this topic was to continue the DISCUSSION that erupted in the other forum. if you want to be an ass then feel free to pm me. hm... i seem to have disprooved everything you said so i'll stop now [:)] feel free to continue discussing.... but try to be nice! lol, i dont want to get in trouble for making this topic hehe...

Post November 5th, 2004, 10:28 pm

Originally posted by screamomatic

All the homos around here should really shut-up.. I mean come on, you can't even have kids for christ sake, read the bible, and get a damn girlfriend, homo.

[worship]

Post November 5th, 2004, 11:20 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Originally posted by coaster992001

i'm guessing your 13 or so.

Actually, hes 12, and it shows. Saying such statements as yours, screamomatic, is essentially screaming out loud that you are an immature, unintelligent child. Please be kind with expressing your feelings, whatever they may be.

Post November 6th, 2004, 12:10 am

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

So all of you who are so well versed in the scriptures, can someone tell me how the people in the older days used the bible to prove slavery and segregation...

Post November 6th, 2004, 12:14 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

this is a continuation of the debate about gays going on in the "bush or kerry" topic. i felt that the other topic got way off topic so i started a new one. so far, the "debate" seems non-hostile and friendly so hopefully it'll stay that way...

Look, just freakin' stop, all of you. There was no reason to create yet ANOTHER thread to rehash the same crap that you all beat to death this week. Grow up and stop with the darn piddly meaningless crap. There ain't nothing you are gonna do to change the way things are, so hashing it out amogst ourselves over and over is a waste of a whole bunch of feelings getting stomped or feathers ruffled.

Stop stirring things up man, it ain't cool. Just let it go.

actually, i've been resarching this for around 6 years and so far i cant find anything in the bible that even reletively mentions homosexuality.

As far your searching the bible, it is pretty obvious you have not looked hard enough. Here is a small sample of what you missed:

1 Corinthians 6:9
"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Matthew 15:19
"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander."

Mark 7:21
"For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery"

Acts 21:25
"As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality."

1 Corinthians 6:18
"Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body."

Jude 1:7
"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire."

So just stop, I ain't buying your piddly crap anymore ...
Now shut up and quit with your nonsense and unnecessary flaming coaster992001.

Post November 6th, 2004, 12:17 am

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
well, you stole all my verses, tconwell. I wish everyone would grow up and move beyond this nonsense...

Post November 6th, 2004, 1:36 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

screamomatic, you need to grow up. What you said even offended me, even though I'm not gay. If one of my friends had said that, I would have smacked them across the mouth. coaster992001, I don't see how you can take all this direct bashing and not crack. Good job ignoring all the gay-bashing that's going on here. pacoasterrider, hailing screamomatic's rude quote is just as bad. rocketboy, this is not nonsense to everybody... it is very real. TConwell, thank you for your overall maturity.

As for my view, I believe that we are all God's children, and we all deserve an equal chance. And seeing as how all the passages you mentioned just said "sexual immorality", which is a very broad term, I choose to take a stand for equality. Jesus also said "do not condemn your fellow man". The Bible is all about interpritation, and I choose to listen to the passages about not passing judgement and not condemning. Thank you for your time. I will pursue this topic no further.

Post November 6th, 2004, 2:09 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

errk, what are you people talking about? Here's my view on gayness in a religious, and non religious stand point.
Being Gay - a sin, just like any other sin, can be forgiven by God, and not for us people to judge them do to the way we live our lives. I mean, I do stuff on a regular basis, which is considered a sin, but I can't help it. (does this make sense to anyone?) DO to man's fall into sin, there will always be sin, and sin falls into a # of categories, stealing, lying, cheating, murder, ect. And I think some christians over-react to homosexuality. It's not that big of a deal, they don't rape men, compared to popular belief (some of my friend's are crazy, but what can you do, besides beat the crap outa them for saying that.) And some times people are like, ahh, a gay guy, everybody run! Personally, gay people don't bother me, but sometimes their actions can make me uncomfortable, but they're human, too. And taunting them is not the way. One if I started calling you stupid for being strait? And that being gay is so much better becuase you don't have to deal with pregnancy, and junk? (I know, sounds crazy, but I'm sure it could hurt if you pressed the issue enough) (I personally think being gay is against what God wants, do to the fact that he created a man to be with a woman so they could reproduce, but I am not the one to judge what's in your hearts, that is God's job)
Now, lets pretend, key word is pretend, there is no god, then in wich case being gay is totally exceptable, and that people who hate gays are stupid.
I hope I haven't offended anyone, I shouldn't have anyways, but yeah, that's just my mixed opinions that I'm still don't exactly understand. but don't worry, one day I get the perfect answer to the question!

Post November 6th, 2004, 10:47 am

Forgiveness is always available (very good cool) ... but maturity allows you to just go on and not condemn. My view is just that. I speak what I know ... and you can draw your own conclusions from what I said. However, knowing now what it says, you can never say again, "I did not know" ... for now you have the information for yourself.

As far as this discussion, why bother? I mean, it is obvious that no one's mind is going to be changed, and no one's views are going to be altered, so continuing to go on and on and on and on is almost pointless -- not to mention leaves much to be desired about your own maturity. Just move on folks ... there is no "win or lose" to a gay/political/religious/etc. thread on a message board.

Post November 6th, 2004, 12:34 pm

yeah, locking it wouldn't be a bad idea. People coming to the site for the first time, and seeing a gay thread, not good. I already stated my point, and wont continue (i hope)

Post November 6th, 2004, 12:53 pm

"1 Corinthians 6:9
"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Matthew 15:19
"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander."

Mark 7:21
"For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery"

Acts 21:25
"As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality."

1 Corinthians 6:18
"Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body."

Jude 1:7
"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire."
"
okay: here's my findings: the first one is invalid because the difference between heterosexual and homosexual was first determined in the 1890's during the victorian sex studies... LONG after the bible was written.

all the others talk about "sexual immorality" and "sexual sins" and that is extremely vague. if the people who wrote the bible didnt want people to have sex with the same sex, they would have said so instead of being so vague. in this case i think they mean more like.... "dont be a pervert and rape people" and stuff like that.

as for locking this topic: if your nice, i dont see why it has to be locked.

as for talking about this over and over again: i've been a part of every gay conversation on here in the past year and i havent had the time to post for most of the summer so it's been a while.

also, the reason why i keep joining in conversations like this is to help educate people about homosexuality. and i dont give up easily [;)]

Post November 6th, 2004, 1:48 pm

OK man ... one last thing for your eyes.

okay: here's my findings: the first one is invalid because the difference between heterosexual and homosexual was first determined in the 1890's during the victorian sex studies... LONG after the bible was written.

all the others talk about "sexual immorality" and "sexual sins" and that is extremely vague. if the people who wrote the bible didnt want people to have sex with the same sex, they would have said so instead of being so vague. in this case i think they mean more like.... "dont be a pervert and rape people" and stuff like that.
Seems someone has deluted your thinking and I have already educated you so I am not going to rehash this over and over. At any rate, I am going to say this another way and quote two more verses that I was hoping you would find on your own. Just don't EVER say that you did not know - for that would be a blatant lie. YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD.

Leviticus 18:22
"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

NOTE: In the Hebrew and Greek translations, the verb "lie" in this context means to "know that person sexually".

Romans 1:18-27
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

NOTE: Punishment = Death. Your choice.

also, the reason why i keep joining in conversations like this is to help educate people about homosexuality. and i dont give up easily [;)]
Again, good luck with all that. Seems that you are in this conversation, now, by yourself.

Post November 6th, 2004, 3:09 pm

well, the leviticus one is actually "thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with wommankind. it is abomination." and that's the most used homophobic verse in the bible. however, if you understand hebrew thoughts of the time, it's actually saying no sex for anyone. it can also be translated into "dont have sex in a womans bed" but you can only get that translation out of the hebrew text. and i dont understand the "your choice" comment..... (?)

oh... if you dont like talking about this stuff, then stop reading the post [;)]

also, in number 2, it talks about acts of LUST. homosexuality doesnt have anything to do with lust, it's all about love.

Post November 6th, 2004, 4:21 pm
cjd

Did Jesus have anything to say about this, or was it just the Apostles and Prophets? For, while I respect the prophets and apostles, they were still human, and not exempt from holding grudges.

Post November 6th, 2004, 4:33 pm

Post November 6th, 2004, 5:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I agree, being a stupid queer is just wrong, espeally a dude at your age coaster992001, who's going to be a virgin the rest of his life, will never really experece the joys of a lady, homo.
And i don't think americans should be able to move to canada, just to marry there queer boyfriend.
It's just wrong, but on a politics stand point, i really don't care.

Congrats on the arsehole of the year award! Also screamomatic you act like the most important things in life is sex, which for many closed minded people im sure it is.

Post November 6th, 2004, 5:44 pm

"Did Jesus have anything to say about this, or was it just the Apostles and Prophets? For, while I respect the prophets and apostles, they were still human, and not exempt from holding grudges."

well, there are NO written records in the bible or elsewhere that say jesus's opinion on homosexuality. however, given the fact that his basic message was to love god and one another, he would most likely be okay with it because it's not hurting anyone. in fact, because jesus never married, some biblical scholars belive that there is a possibility that jesus himself was gay. and to be honest, it wouldnt surprise me a bit. i mean, he never married and hung arouns with 12 men all the time... why not? also, the apostles also have no record of being homophobic.

Post November 6th, 2004, 5:55 pm
cjd

Originally posted by pacoasterrider

read the bible Cjd

I have been reading it for the past 4 years, as a matter of fact. I just have a tendency to not remember very finite details.

Post November 6th, 2004, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Just because I'm a nice person, I will apoligize to everyone for being an ass. However, I do still feel that homosexuals on this site should give it a brake, and please not talk aboot it, It's still just..... nasty.

Edit: BTW, I'm actually 15, the age thing was messed.

Post November 6th, 2004, 8:17 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

Why don't you all shut up and just accept people for who they are instead of trying to alter them to suit your beliefs?

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion