Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion crazy technology!

crazy technology!

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 21st, 2007, 6:14 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

imagine having youre whole room covered with this technology...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... 17348.html

the thing that really amazes me is the crazy way of sharing...(at 2 minutes in video)

Post June 21st, 2007, 6:51 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Holy. Crap.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 21st, 2007, 6:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,556.00 Points

Post June 21st, 2007, 7:01 pm

Originally posted by rcman

Its a mega nintendo DS

um... no, wayy better, lol

Post June 21st, 2007, 7:09 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
That's outstanding. I'm especially impressed with the wireless communication ability. Take a picture, set it on the surface and get it opened instantly. Amazing!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post June 21st, 2007, 7:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Originally posted by bsktballdude

Originally posted by rcman

Its a mega nintendo DS

um... no, wayy better, lol

It's the same damn thing with a bigger screen and different software...

Need I mention how completely pointless this thing is? Knowing Microsoft they're leaving out like 5 billion catches. The phone can't just work like that, there has to be some sort of connection. Most likely you have to either use a Microsoft smart phone [most probable] or you'll have to go through a complex registry service...

The picture thing is so pointless, it's cool, but it's pointless. What true thing does this do that a computer can't? Apart from take twelve times as much out of your pocket...

The MP3 player shown is a Zune, I'm assuming they're going to say you can add music to your MP3 player like that soon, but a 99% probability is that you won't be able to do that with an iPod. Zune has pointless [so far] wireless connectivity, but they could probably use it for the surface thing... but how many people own Zunes, and how many people own iPods?

Note: My distaste is toward Microsoft, not you, don't take offense. [:)]

Post June 21st, 2007, 7:17 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

that really is fantastic, i love the idea of having a tale in your lounge that can do all this. when your friends come round no more messing about with phones to swap pics and numbers and so on just sit them on the table and swap. the photo resizing is mafgnificent and the whole concept is outstanding.

now what will mac's responce to this be
Making screams come true

Post June 21st, 2007, 7:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,556.00 Points
^ An iscreen[:p] or something like this but a little better.

Post June 21st, 2007, 7:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Mac's response will have a more beautiful interface, a better operating system, a more beautiful system in general, and will probably do more. Theirs will be something you can take with you most likely though. And haven't you guys even seen the iPhone? The iPhone has multi touch technology in it, you can resize pictures the exact same way on the iPhone... This thing is like a massive clunky version of what Apple already has out lol... it's not pointless for a phone though, because you can't take a laptop everywhere, and it's 600 bucks!

Post June 21st, 2007, 8:10 pm

i still think that this is amazing, and the iphone doesnt have the crazy sharing capabilties. also, it said its only abour 5,000-10,000 dollars, probably depending on screen size and such, really not a bad deal IMO, but thats me. id want this thing over iphone for sure, and there saying making rooms like this. i was reading xbox magazine a couple months ago, and bill gates was saying the bedroom of the future is used with this stuff, all over walls, so you can change wallpaper, color of walls, etc. Amazing...

Post June 21st, 2007, 8:13 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points
Computer, Computer on the wall, Who's the only one that can afford you after all... lol

Post June 21st, 2007, 8:17 pm

Points on hand: 96.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
Why exactly does it have to be a coffee table? Can't they just make a flat screen that should be placed like that with the IR cameras? (So that you can actually choose a table that pleases you?????????re aesthetic needs)

I agree on the pointless part but at least we know that Microsoft is still actually working and not rolling around in the money that I pay them.

Post June 21st, 2007, 8:27 pm

Return to Off Topic Discussion