Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Darien Lake Monster

Darien Lake Monster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 16th, 2013, 11:47 am

Points on hand: 431.00 Points
Bank: 2,954.10 Points
Before the summer ends my last prediction will be on the topic of Darien Lake's Predator renovation. Since it stated there will two inversions and no major layout change, it made it a bit simpler.
A big drop is a good drop.

Post August 16th, 2013, 8:46 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
That layout should be way tighter if they're going to renovate Predator.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post August 16th, 2013, 9:11 pm

Originally posted by NightwindElf

That layout should be way tighter if they're going to renovate Predator.

It is the same size as the original ride, the taller set of turns have brought in about 5 feet, zero g hill removed for an airtime hill, and approach to the turnaround remodeled into a imversion starting dive.

Post August 17th, 2013, 12:44 am

No, I mean that's way too spread out for any possible version of Predator. The turn around into the twisty part of the ride is much tighter than that.
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post August 17th, 2013, 9:07 am

Originally posted by NightwindElf

No, I mean that's way too spread out for any possible version of Predator. The turn around into the twisty part of the ride is much tighter than that.

I realize that. The inversion lead out would require extensive reworking of the structure on both parts. The lead out of the turn would replace the camelback hill between the second through fourth turn.

Post August 18th, 2013, 12:11 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I think it's going to be a new ride. They just spent a lot of money retracking Predator and getting the two trains from Holiday World and supposedly it runs pretty well now. I think it will be an original layout rather than a rebuild.

Post August 18th, 2013, 12:22 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
We'll see between the two parks which RMC ends up being the most ridiculous. That is assuming the accidental wooden coaster leak relating to SFGAm isn't a forum troll (It could be knowing that park,someone is tech savvy enough).

I'm glad you mentioned that Freddie because I just assumed I was wrong about the newish trains and retracking work.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 18th, 2013, 1:40 am

My vote is on Darien Lake getting the most ridiculous ride. Their coaster history has been laughable at best.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions