Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Denmark Trip Day 3: Bakken

Denmark Trip Day 3: Bakken

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post July 16th, 2009, 1:19 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
June 25th 2009 - Ferry to Denmark and Bakken

Our day started early at the guesthouse still near Hansa Park. Today was the day to travel to Denmark and find a place to stay for the rest of the week.
We continued the road further up north towards the ferry to Denmark. The ferry took about half an hour.

Gah... Waiting... I want to ride some new rollercoasters!

Finally, we leave Germany. Off to Denmark!

Lot's of water

Waves, yayyyyyyy!

The sun was present too [:)]

Beautyfull clouds too

Look, it's Danish Mainland!

After arrival in Denmark we continued our trip towards Copenhagen. We had about a whole day to find a place to stay for the rest of the holiday. With help of our tom tom we entered some hotels and just drove towards them. Lot's of hotels but the most of them didn't even had a parking lot for the car. We even found some hostels but those were way too expensive. About 120????????? a night and then you still had to buy the bedsheets, etc! [shocked] After a while we found a nice motel for about 100????????? a night. Breakfast, etc all included. We even had a luxury room for that prize!
We dropped off our stuff at our room and decided to go to Bakken. Only about 30 minutes drive from our Motel and it was opened until 11pm! So we still would have a good 5-6 hours in the park.

Dyrehavsbakken, yup. That's the place where we should be!

Parking lot bakken, that way!

Me at the summer ticketbooths at the entrance of the park. The park is free for everyone. If you'd want to ride some rides you can buy seperate tickets or buy a wristband for about 200 Danish Krones. It's too bad you are limited to riding each ride up to 10 times. If you'd want to ride more you'll need to buy a new wristband or buy single tickets. But there are soo many rides in the park that it's almost impossible to ride each ride 10 times in 1 day.

Yay for a zierer Small. Coastercredit!

I know a lot of parents looked weird at me and my mom when we rode it [lol]

Tornado also get's my sign of approval. Brand new ride and it kicks ass! It just feels too short. Best part of the ride has got to be the lift hill. Bottom of the lift: Fast, near the top: doubled the speed!, on the top: TURBO! (Triple the speed! [shocked]) And that immediatly followed by a turning drop down which provides insane airtime and lateral moments. It's so crazy that i'd absolutely love it!

Then it was off to a classic woodie with still a brakeman in the back on the train.

Lot's of people waiting, but this amount fills a full train!

Good, camera's are allowed. Yay!

The ride is really cool with a non-strait lifthill! A cable pulls the train to the top of the ride. After that the brakeman controls the speed on the ride. The normal drops don't really provide any airtime, but the 2 double downs and the airtime hill that is next to the station do provide some really nice airtime. Which suprised me since the trains are totally loose on the track. No upstop wheels or whatever! There's also a nice tunnel on the ride with 2 more dips. It's a nice and cool finish of the ride. [:)]
After the woodie goodyness it was time to search the 2 other rollercoasters out there. After a lap we found them. First one was a Zierer Flitzer. Only done once that type or ride on a fairground. Coolest part is that it has no restraits.

Going up

And a couple of feet further we found the last coaster to be ridden. An intamin minetrain. Yes Intamin!

I was suprised to see the name of intamin there. I expected some other builder. Never knew that Intamin used to build a mine-train rollercoaster. The ride is really cool. It's smooth, long and it has some small spots with airtime.

This ride also get's my sign of approval!

Zierer Jet Ski's! Those are cool! I got people at the side line soaked! [devilish]

One more for Tornado, WTG mom for still capturing her! [lol]

Camera ready, now let's capture that insane ride!

Yeah, I survived once again

The ride is cool around the evening. It has tons of LED lights! [lol]

Huh? Am I in Germany on a Fairground or Still in Denmark at Bakken? [lol]

Awesome, a Moser Rides Speedflip! Really cool ride, too bad it's so short...

S&S Double Shot Tower. Pretty cool stuff. Never ridden a double shot program before, and it's cool. Twice for a really short moment some nice airtime [:)]

I spy a Rollercoaster between the trees!

No seatbelt FTW!

Going up!

Whee, turns!

Yeah xD

Awesome, This ride has a brakeman too! [lol]

A swinging Dragon?

Yeah, Swarchkopf Monster 3! I love those rides

Look! They have DDR! Too bad it's a Fusion...

Zierer JetSki's once again! Yay!

Time for some Woodie onride shots!

Crooked lift! [8D]

Nice layout

2nd double down, onride photo and airtime hill for the frontseat!

Tunnel! [:D]

Awww... The ride is over again...

Checking the seats if nothing stayed behind

Onride Action on Tornado! Insane Lifthill!

Look, it's the drop!

A view on the drop's transition

Smooth turns

And more smooth curves

More onride photo's, this time it's on the intamin minetrain

First drop!

Did i mention the tunneltest failed? [lol] Yes, if you don't pay attention that branch is in your face! [lol]

And then the couple last rides on the classic woodie

Me with the awesome operator! He's only 18! [lol]

The onride photo from me and my mom on the ride! [:D]

Awesome, they have a clock from onride.de! A german fansite xD

In the evening it's also beautyfull to shoot some photo's. Too bad the place is soo crammed that it's hard to shoot some proper photo's [lol]

Tornado! xD

2 Drunk women who wanted to have their photo taken. Oh well, I hope they were ready to have their picture on the internet too [lol]

One more shot from the classic woodie

Tak for bes?????????get!

Rollercoaster Counter:
237: Marieh?????????nen: 1 (5 laps)
238: Tornado: 10 rides
239: Rutschebanen: 11 rides (I was allowed to say seated at the end of the day [;)])
240: Racing: 4 rides
241: Mine Train Ulven: 3 rides

And that's the end from Day 3. The plans for tomorrow were BonBonland! Heard so many weird stuff about that park. That I just had to visit it! Stay Tuned for the next TR!

Other parts from my Trip:
Day 1: Heide Park
Day 2: Hansa Park
*Current Day*
Day 4: BonBon Land
Day 5: Tivoli Gardens
Day 6: Copenhagen & Tivoli Gardens
Day 7: Sommerland Syd
Last edited by Dirk_Ermen on October 31st, 2009, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post July 16th, 2009, 2:09 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

that place looks lie it kicked ass.
Making screams come true

Post July 16th, 2009, 2:43 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

wasn't tornado an intamin spinner? anyway it lookes like it kicked ass
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 31st, 2009, 9:33 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

gash.

... or is she a bit young? hmmm.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports