Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Denmark Trip Day 7: Sommerland Syd

Denmark Trip Day 7: Sommerland Syd

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post October 31st, 2009, 8:34 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
29 June 2009: Sommerland Syd

It's already time for the final and last park from this trip. It was one crazy week with lots of new experiences! But there were some contraptions in this park. What even WTF'ed me!

The first WTF was already at the parking entrance. Apparently the entrance from the parking, is immediately the entrance from the park! Since at that spot you'll pay entry fee for the park. The parking lot itself is just one big field of grass. So park wherever you like!

First off to the Vekoma Invertigo in the park, waiting for probably one of the first rides of the day.

Mom approves!

Inverted boomerang, yes! These are smoother than the normal boomerangs!

Beautyfull rose

Looping Bikes! They are frickin' awesome!

It's annoying when you roll back because then some system kicks in, that would injure your legs badly, IF you can't keep up with the pedaling backwards.
Restraints, who need them? Just put 2 steel bars across the shoulder and your fine! No seatbelt, nothing!

[youtube]NwaEiY_JogI[/youtube]
You can't do looping bikes without a Video!

The boomerang across the lake

Yay! Slides! Only these slides had like 90% friction... So if your going to slide with some speed. You'll lose your sliding gear.

Cobra Rolll!!!

There was a swimming pool with the park with some slides. But mom was like it's too cold... Darn her...

I wanted to go swimming just because this one looks very dangerous [:D]

On to the next coaster, which was hidden somewhere together with some cheap scenery... [lol]

The K?????????mperutschebanen. That operator was so awesome! After a ride I just gave some comments to the operator that I didn't really like the brake before the final awesome drop. Suddenly he turns around, flips some handles and switches and tells me to get in again. Suddenly the ride was awesome. Major ejector at that tiny drop! Love it! The park staff rules!

Take a look at the onride video, on the end you can see the difference:
[youtube]ABGDMoTi6pQ[/youtube]

Onride Photo's!

Some kind of overview [:)]

Evil brake!

Wheee... That's me enjoying the ride! [lol]

Yeah, like I wrote already. Hidden behind some cheap ass theming! xD

OMG! Lion with a gun!

Path to a tree? [lol]

Hmmm... some kind of Calipso ride that can tilt sideways... Cool...

Rope Bridge! Yay!

Sign of quality!

The weather was starting to become better [pshades]

There they go!

Loooop!

Woosh! Through the station!

Attempt on onride photo...

Attempt on onride photo...

Station, from the other side... Onride! [:D]

Beautyfull weather [pshades]

Hmmm... Old vs New?

Some kind of overview from the park [:)]

The Pizza Buffet... It sounded good but they don't even have a plain cheese pizza! And when looking at these pizza's they don't look really that delicious either...

Time for me to leave the park, mom wanted to go home... Only a few more cool shots left from Tornado, which can be taken outside the park.

Loop!

Cobra!

Yay! Back into Germany! Best country with barely any speed limits on the Highways!

We got some bad weather on the way back tho, but at least we were in the car!

The sun showing it's last breath for today. [lol] Beautyfull sight!

Rollercoaster Counter:
250: Tornado: 8 rides
251: K?????????mperutschebanen: 3 rides

Well, that was the whole trip! This was one crazy week and I would love to do it again! Only maybe some different parks, still got some nice rides in North Denmark and let's not forget how close Sweden is with their awesome rides!
I hope you enjoyed reading all parts of the Trip. In case you have missed a part. Here is the full list:
Day 1: Heide Park
Day 2: Hansa Park
Day 3: Bakken
Day 4: BonBon Land
Day 5: Tivoli Gardens
Day 6: Copenhagen & Tivoli Gardens
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports