Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Dissapointing First Trip To Alton Towers

Dissapointing First Trip To Alton Towers

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post May 10th, 2006, 12:15 am

Points on hand: 794.00 Points
Well To Start The Terrible Review, I Should Tell You I Dropped About $2,000 On this vacation and was not satisfied

Length: May 2-7

the day started off at 5 am, i woke up, and my parents woke up. we got all of stuff together and checked the tickets. we called a taxi and headed to JFK airport. everything was going great untill i had to go through the metal detector 10 times for a damn metal wire in my pants, so they made me go change into shorts that dont have metal wriring, and i was told that the shorts were to be put in my bad, so i did so. i understand the security measures. next we made out way to the british airways terminal, and i sat down in the wating seats when this annoying child starts kicking my chair, i tried not to make a big commotion because i didnt want to scare him, so i moved myself, and so did the brat. thank god there were calling for the passengers, and ive got to have the worst luck, guess what! i had to sat behind the brat and the kicking went on for hours untill i advised the parent and she scoulded him. next i went for the headphones, and there was a horrible selection of music, as i recall the selections were stupid girls, some song from highschool musical?, and some other rap crap. well i spent the whole time listening to my ipod, i eventually fell asleep and this was not for long. the child behind me kept crying because he wanted somthing, so i only had 3hrs of sleep for a day trip, so i decided to pump my ipod volume up, untill someone called the lady who serves people that my ipod was annoying, i had to turn it off. finally i fell asleep thinking how great alton towers was going to be, boy was i wrong. the next day we arrived at the airport, we got out bags and went outside for a taxi to the cariba creek resort, it was a short drive. we arrived and this arrogent bitch with a attitude was pleased to go over our reservation. unfortunatley she was new and had no idea how to do this, so she called another person. we had to wait 15min for this and my parents complained. as a gift for being late the resort treated us to a discount for the park tickets. We decieded to go to the waterpark which was awsome, i enjoyed it. after that we rented a car and drove to london, we had dinner at cipriani's, which was a good place. After that we drove back and the first day was over, hence what is to come

Ill Post Part Two Later

Post May 10th, 2006, 1:25 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
What class did you fly in on the plane you took? I'm guessing coach because the kid could still kick your seat. And, I've been on a Chicago to London flight where I didn't sleep at all.

Post May 10th, 2006, 4:35 am

Points on hand: 4,068.00 Points
that sucks, Sorry to hear you ahd a bad time on what was supposed to be a vacation. (at least you wern't going to Epcrap)

Post May 12th, 2006, 5:21 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Thats a pretty crappy start to a trip. Hopefully some of the rides actually made up for it.

Post May 12th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Don't be afriad to yell at little kids. Or there parents. Also, any airplane radio SUCKS. At least you had an iPod. And I don't see how it was annoying unless you blasted the hell out of it. And get different headphones for it anyway since those little things have NO BASS SUPPORT.

Post May 12th, 2006, 6:02 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports