Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion DROID DOES

DROID DOES

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 28th, 2009, 12:11 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Anyone else besides me think this was a teaser roll for a new movie and not an ad for an up and coming phone? This ad is playing lots on TV, out of home advertising and prints ads here in LA so they are spending big money. Watch it be a bust product. Anyway, watch the tv ad that's running.

If you go to the website, it's only a sign up page, enter your email to be notified whenever it's finished...
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 28th, 2009, 3:32 am

Points on hand: 3,141.00 Points
I'm kinda excited to see what all this phone will do, what it will look like, and the hefty price that it comes with. I'm about to be switching to Verizon under my friend's plan. I really want a Samsung Rogue, but I may be stuck with an LG Dare for a little while. Either way, I like both phones [:)]

Post October 28th, 2009, 12:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Post October 28th, 2009, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
Made by Motorola... I'm already done looking into it. I don't care for Motorola phones is all. I thought maybe it'd be an LG or something reliable. At least a Samsung. Any Motorola phone user I have met thinks they are crap.

Post October 28th, 2009, 6:54 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

I have a motorola phone and it's been the best phone out of the ones I've tried, Samsung, LG, Sony.
Paradox wrote:

Post October 28th, 2009, 6:57 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
You know what's funny? The iPhone is coming to Verizon too...
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post October 29th, 2009, 11:01 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Great more crap for verizon.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 8th, 2009, 2:04 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
I checked this phone out today at a Verizon store. Looks pretty cool, but I went with another Android phone. I got Sprint's HTC Hero. Liking it so far... I just hope that I end up liking Sprint's service too.

Post November 8th, 2009, 3:07 am

^Ouch... I have a coupe friends with sprint and the all HATE it sooo much. They get terrible service and my one friends HTC Touch Pro or whatever is the biggest piece of crap. Really a sad excuse for a smart phone. Not saying yours will be bad, I hope it's great to you!

Post November 8th, 2009, 3:27 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Yeah, i'm kind of concerned too. So far, i'm on the fence about them. I went back and forth between the verizon and sprint stores today while trying to decide. I ultimately went with Sprint because they are the only wireless provider that offers 3g speeds in my area. Smartphones are cool and all, but not so much on a slow connection... which is one of the reasons why I ditched US Cellular.

The phone itself seems really nice. It's one of the newer google phones, versus the older HTC windows mobile phones.

Post November 8th, 2009, 3:30 am

Yeah, that makes sense. Where you are will affect service.

And the newer ones do seem to be a lot nicer. My friends was cool at first and had a lot of potential, but then slowly started to crap out. It freezes constantly. The back light doesn't turn off. It shuts off randomly. It's a good laugh though, haha. He gets so fed up with it he just doesn't care. Me and TMV just laugh at him. XD

Post November 8th, 2009, 12:08 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

I like my sprint service [:)]
Paradox wrote:

Post November 8th, 2009, 8:54 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

an update...

The HTC Hero android phone is really cool and all, but I have to return it tomorrow. Sprint's service in my area really sucks. So I guess I will be making a trip to Verizon. Will either be getting a Droid (the one this thread is about) or a Droid Eris (the Verizon equivalent to the HTC Hero). A 3g network would have been a nice thing, but I suppose it's not a total loss since these phones can connect to Wifi networks.

Post November 9th, 2009, 12:06 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Post November 9th, 2009, 12:08 am

Post November 9th, 2009, 12:09 am

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Originally posted by Oscar

I like my sprint service [:)]

I hate my AT&T service [:(]

Post November 9th, 2009, 8:41 am

Points on hand: 1,440.00 Points
Originally posted by rcking04

You know what's funny? The iPhone is coming to Verizon too...

How do you figure? Verizon just bashed the iPhone with thta commercial, AND verizon bought out alltell not AT&T

Besides that the droid looks like a phenominal phone. From what I heard the touch screen is just as responsive as the iPhones, I shall see, next time I am in a verizon store ( I have a iTouch so I know how the iPhones keyboard and touch interfaced hold up to the fame ).

Anyway, I really can't wait for this phone, it is verizons best phone now, plus it's bundled with a 16gb card, thats super generous!

And and motorola really didn't have much say in the phone, it was pretty much all google and verizon, motorola had some say but not much. Verizon+Google=Next Disney
Cedar Point FTW

Post November 10th, 2009, 12:16 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Freddie

My phone can call people.

LOL well that's always a good quality in a phone. I ended up getting the Droid today. Now I can call people too, plus a whole bunch of other things I didn't even know it would do when I first bought it.

Oh, and thank you Oscar for posting about this. I didn't even know about this phone before you did.

Post November 10th, 2009, 12:24 am

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post November 10th, 2009, 12:30 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm liking it so far. It's a lot like the other phone I got from Sprint a few days ago. It uses the same apps and everything. The google navigation tool is really cool. You push a microphone button and speak something you want to find. It brings back a google page with information on it and an option to get directions from your current location. really cool. The keyboard is easier to use than the touch screen too, so that's a plus. I haven't really had the chance to mess with it much... just the google navigation thing and the barcode scanner, which is a very nifty tool to have when you are out comparison shopping.

Post November 10th, 2009, 1:07 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by Kev

Originally posted by Freddie

My phone can call people.

LOL well that's always a good quality in a phone. I ended up getting the Droid today. Now I can call people too, plus a whole bunch of other things I didn't even know it would do when I first bought it.

Oh, and thank you Oscar for posting about this. I didn't even know about this phone before you did.

I should have given you my affiliate link for it. I would have made $150 without it costing an extra cent [lol]
Paradox wrote:

Post November 10th, 2009, 1:11 am

Points on hand: 850.00 Points
^Im thinking about getting one. You should send me the link also.

Post November 10th, 2009, 8:27 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

^^ Doh! LOL Damn... you should prolly advertise the phone on here then. When I got my phone yesterday, there were three other people in line behind me getting the same phone.

Post November 10th, 2009, 4:35 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
My camera takes pictures
My GPS helps me navigate
My computer takes me to the internet
My Mp3 player plays me music

My phone calls people
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 10th, 2009, 6:21 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

They changed it from $150 to just $50 but hey, if you buy, do it through this link: http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-3090760-10598238
Paradox wrote:

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion