Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion 'Dual View' television!

'Dual View' television!

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 17th, 2005, 7:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Parents will no longer miss their news programs or movies if their children insist on watching cartoons.

A new television will allow two different programs to air at the same time depending where one sits.

Japanese electronics firm Sharp Corp on Thursday unveiled the liquid crystal display (LCD) set that can simultaneously display different images into the right and left sides of the screen through a backlight.

Viewers will get an uninterrupted view no matter where they sit, but what they see will change depending on the angle, the company said in a statement.

Sharp will begin mass production of the display, billed as the world's first dual-view LCD, by the end of the month, with the product hitting the shelves later this year.

The new product will help solve living-room conflicts in Japanese families, a company official explained.

Fathers are often forced to watch baseball games or other programs they want to see on a small television set in the bedroom or elsewhere in the house while children occupy the large screen in the living room, she said.

The company also said the LCD can "display a TV broadcast on the right screen, while displaying an Internet browser screen on the left."

The dual-view LCD could also be put to use in a car, with a driver looking at a map navigation system while a friend in the passenger's seat enjoys a DVD movie.

Sharp also announced a "veil-view" LCD that will let users change the viewing angle of their computers, mobile phones or other electronic gadgets to prevent curious people around them from spying.

The users will get "peace of mind without having to worry about others in the vicinity snooping to peek at what is being displayed on the LCD screen," the company saidp

Source

Looks, intresting but you'd have to watch with headphones

Post July 17th, 2005, 8:03 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
wow, cool! That's really something ideal in here. I'd always want to watch this but mom wants to watch that.
really cool idea. But it's probably expensive....

Post July 17th, 2005, 8:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

that's awsome! I want one! I have my own TV though, so my family can get one for them [lol]

Post July 17th, 2005, 10:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,235.00 Points

Now that's awesome. I wouldn't mind having one of those in my room.

Post July 17th, 2005, 10:37 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
I like that pic, very interesting.

This could be put to good use for video games. If you have several of the same consoles and can plug several plugs into the TV, you can have a LAN party with one TV. [:)]

Sharp also announced a "veil-view" LCD that will let users change the viewing angle of their computers, mobile phones or other electronic gadgets to prevent curious people around them from spying.

Sweet, I'm gotta get one. I just need headphones next and then my parents won't spaz out everytime I play Battlefield 2.

Post July 17th, 2005, 10:59 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
I'm wondering if is isn't cheaper just to buy 2 new tv's....

Post July 17th, 2005, 11:01 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

yeah, but, the question is, how are you suppose to see 2 channels at once, when your cable/satilite box if your cable only displays one channel at one time??

Post July 17th, 2005, 11:43 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by thecool326

yeah, but, the question is, how are you suppose to see 2 channels at once, when your cable/satilite box if your cable only displays one channel at one time??

because your satelite/cable is getting all the channels but you can pic only one, because you're having only one screen.

i'm sure you know the option to see a smaller screen in the corner of you television that is display another channel than the 'big' screen.

this television uses the same, but the channels are having the same dimentions and you can see the difference be going to a differet angle.

Post July 18th, 2005, 1:19 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
How are you going to listen to both channels though?? that will be a hasle. It looks kinda like a hologram, I bet they use that technology.

Post July 18th, 2005, 1:30 am

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

guys, notice how that's a PC moniter in the picture and a TV in the mirror, that's awsome XD I HATE it when my sister comes in and read everything i'm doing T_T

Post July 18th, 2005, 1:27 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

then make sure you're sitting from a different angle than your sister coming in...[:)]

Post July 18th, 2005, 1:57 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post July 18th, 2005, 2:20 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Return to Off Topic Discussion