Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Dueling Coaster Question:

Dueling Coaster Question:

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post July 12th, 2003, 12:22 am

Points on hand: 142.00 Points
[:D]
Could someone give me a quick run through on how to create a dueling coaster? I would greatly appreciate it!
-Tidyboy[:D]

Post July 12th, 2003, 1:14 am

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Just make 2 rides that have many occasions where they get very close or intertwine. Try to make them the same length too. An easy way to do this is to build a regular ride that has numerous turns and is scattered. Then build another ride that is next to the first ride. Make the 2nd ride intertwine w/ the 1st 1 a lot, and keep customizing the rides until they arrive at the stations at about the same time.[8D]

Post July 12th, 2003, 1:21 am

Ok, I pretty much know how to construct it, but how exactly do I get two physical tracks in one file? I hope this isn't a really stupid question!:)
-Tidyboy[:D]

Post July 12th, 2003, 7:23 am

Points on hand: 2,910.00 Points

It's like a dual station on some coasters, or you just make the first coaster end on another part, on a new station...

Post July 12th, 2003, 8:20 am

Points on hand: 3,638.00 Points
Quality is very bad but im sure u know how a duelling coaster works now

Post July 12th, 2003, 2:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,008.00 Points
If one is slightly different than the other, remember to use the "synchronize" option to sync with the other station(s)!

I am trying to contribute a bit more to the site now.

Post July 12th, 2003, 3:32 pm

Thank you to everyone that replied to this topic. I appreciate it! I will trying my first dueling coaster before long, so make sure to watch for it! I would really appreciate anyone who downloads my new ride "Fujita" and rates it. You must read the heading to it first to understand. I worked really hard on that ride, so be kind!
-Tidyboy

Post July 15th, 2003, 12:48 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Dueling coasters are challanging yet rewarding. Right now, I think dueling coasters are the best place to get creative with your coaster design, becuase alot of people make a coaster, and basically mirror it for the other side of it. I have found that having 2 unique tracks gets high adrenaline ratings. But back to the topic at hand.

When making your track, keep in mind how long a train will spend on that segment. It helps if you get a stop watch or anything that tells times to see how long it takes the train on each side to do something. Think ahead! When you build a segment think, "What would be cool for the other train to do right here to interact with this one?"

I hope I was helpful, to help give you a visual aid check out my Phase Two coaster http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... sp?tid=452
It has many great elements of a good dueling coaster.

Return to No Limits Coaster